• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
dYSoK13.jpg
What the hell am I looking at

How much of that is due to the source material?

Well the Log Horizon manga at least from my quick time reading it had super fast pacing and assumed you'd either read the ln or seen the anime so I can't make a blanket "source material" comment. We've also seen some fairly decent SAO one off volumes and SAO is a dumpster fire.

Zweizer

Banned
Well the Log Horizon manga at least from my quick time reading it had super fast pacing and assumed you'd either read the ln or seen the anime so I can't make a blanket "source material" comment. We've also seen some fairly decent SAO one off volumes and SAO is a dumpster fire.

That doesn't answer my question as to whether the manga Shengar read have bad storytelling due to their source material or not though.

Or was that just an attempt at #NotAllLightNovelAdaptations?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Some of these manga adaptation of LN seems to not know the basic of comic storytelling smh

How much of that is due to the source material?

Majority of them. Not to mention most mangaka doing LN adaptation seem to be new to the industry. Most of them being a commercial for the LN don't really help either, since it limit the mangaka to do whatever the hell he want.

Shiori Experience 17

NTR NTR NTR
Anyway, the pages with Jimi Hendrix close up is fucking great. Seeing the crew got devastated by the audience reaction was really cool and realistic.

Chio-chan no tsugakoro 9-11

Chio is a lovable human trash. Bless her. Mangaka know how to make amusing faces for Chio.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To 36

So, i heard the author put this chapter first because this one is a color chapter...
I approve of his decision to put Fujiwara in color page. Shirogane better start calling Fujiwara mom soon.

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki kun 81

Uhum, i kinda want to try dating sim with stats building.... oh wait, i've played Persona 3 and 4, that definitely counts.

Shokugeki no soma latest

Alice father is phoenix wright wearing a glass.WOW!
I want to see Rindou senpai rather than Soma and Hayama fight to be honest...

How do you feel about Baki in-general? I love Baki, but have never checked out Scarface.

yknow
ive no idea.
like, if one asked me to point out at least a single thing that i think they do well, i'd be hard-pressed to find it. Would have to settle for the violence.
On the other hand, if i were to write all that it does badly, then the words would flow like amazon.

I guess i'm just hate-reading it, gods only know why.

Scarface is just the author trying really hard to show how swole and utterly awesome hanayama is, so if you wanna see him wrassle a shark, you might enjoy it.

That doesn't answer my question as to whether the manga Shengar read have bad storytelling due to their source material or not though.

Or was that just an attempt at #NotAllLightNovelAdaptations?

No I agreed with his comment quiet a few ln -> manga have bad pacing or bizarre plot changes. My point was that the source material being of good or bad quality is seemingly irrelevant as there are examples of good/bad lns making bad/good manga adaptations. I think a bigger reason for mediocre manga adaptations of lns is probably because the majority of mangaka who are good in the field would probably rather make their own original series as opposed to doing an alternate take on an established property. People like Murata and his adaptation of OPM don't seem to be that common. The same issue above can apply to anime -> manga adaptations as well.

Daingurse

yknow
ive no idea.
like, if one asked me to point out at least a single thing that i think they do well, i'd be hard-pressed to find it. Would have to settle for the violence.
On the other hand, if i were to write all that it does badly, then the words would flow like amazon.

I guess i'm just hate-reading it, gods only know why.

Scarface is just the author trying really hard to show how swole and utterly awesome hanayama is, so if you wanna see him wrassle a shark, you might enjoy it.

Haha, Baki is my greatest guilty pleasure in anime and manga. It sounds like I'd get a real kick out of Scarface.

Zweizer

Banned
No I agreed with his comment quiet a few ln -> manga have bad pacing or bizarre plot changes. My point was that the source material being of good or bad quality is seemingly irrelevant as there are examples of good/bad lns making bad/good manga adaptations. I think a bigger reason for mediocre manga adaptations of lns is probably because the majority of mangaka who are good in the field would probably rather make their own original series as opposed to doing an alternate take on an established property. People like Murata and his adaptation of OPM don't seem to be that common. The same issue above can apply to anime -> manga adaptations as well.

Oh yeah, that's fair.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

I don't understand people bemoaning the state of manga. There is so much good stuff out there that I read all the time and so much of it is good. In fact, so many new series coming out have been either excellent or some of my favorite to read. And it's in a ton of genres too! There's so much out there!

THERE'S SO MUCH GOOD MANGA GUYS

mdubs

Banned

I don't understand people bemoaning the state of manga. There is so much good stuff out there that I read all the time and so much of it is good. In fact, so many new series coming out have been either excellent or some of my favorite to read. And it's in a ton of genres too! There's so much out there!

I concur

upandaway

Yeah but what about all those bad manga

NY Times Top Manga Sellers Sep 18th - 24th
*1. One Punch-Man Vol.1
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*3. Oyasumi Punpun Vol.3 (NEW)
*4. One Punch-Man Vol.8
*5. Haikyuu!! Vol.3
*6. Nazo no Kanojo X Vol.3 (NEW)
*7. Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.1
*8. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.8
*9. Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Vol.9
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch429

She just needs to grow out her mane.

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch10-11

The key to teamwork is to know when it matters.

The truth sure hurts.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ch81

At least they became otome games buddies, somehow.

Are you kidding? This is the best end possible!

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan ch11

So many tools. Can't have been cheap.

Horimiya ch70

Sengoku sure was ahead in the romance game.

Boku Girl ch87-101

Guess we're headed towards the ending, and I still have no idea what'll happen (even if Takeru would be the most predictable pick).

Went and checked MU and it apparently ended at vol11. 6 more chapters to go then.

DEAD Tube ch27

Getting Danganronpa vibes here.

pbayne

Money and Intelligence 1

That's a winner of a title.
The manga itself ehhh i dunno. It has a pretty high concept idea but you have to accept a lot of bullshit to buy into it. I forsee plot-holes aplenty.

Fbh

My Hero Academia:

I like this test more than some random battle test. Also the kid correcting Deku was a funny scene.

Akame Ga Kill 60-75

Kinda dissapointed how the ending is turning out to be extremely similar to the ending of the anime, was hoping for something completely different.

Lain

It is a weird thing to do, considering we only get to see such a small part of the whole manga production, both legally and illegally.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Money and Intelligence 1

That's a winner of a title.
The manga itself ehhh i dunno. It has a pretty high concept idea but you have to accept a lot of bullshit to buy into it. I forsee plot-holes aplenty.
It's just a concept manga of a concept manga from a real manga.

It's really easy to think manga is in a bad state if you only look at things at a glance.

"Omg nothing but adaptations of visual novels about a loser dying and being reborn in a fantasy world!"

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is there any? I always thought LN was simply japanese YA.

Himekishi classmates and that dungeon master manga (i forgot the name) seem to be LN adapted from Web novel. Those two might as well adapted into hentai considering the amoint of sex scene

The Enigma of Amigara Fault

Preeeeetty creepy. That thing coming out at the end is so weird. I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure they'd be dead by then

Kuhime 3

Welcome home dear! Would you like dinner? A bath? Or perhaps... to be eaten alive? I know I'm supposed to be siding with the mini-monster and her protectees, but it's hard to argue with that design. Plus I find all the students unappetising anyway.

Tejina Senpai 30

Senpai had a pretty good run. I'm looking forward to assistant-kun's antics in the track & field club starting next chapter.

Girls of the wild latest chapter

Terrible writing...what an artificial way to deal with tension in the story. Also, the author has made Jaegu a very dense character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom