• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches, and just pretend it ends at Chapter 90. It basically does.

thetechkid

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";218548235]Solanin is the best slice of life comic. Best school series is GTO. Best romance is A Town Where You Live.[/QUOTE]

I mean new/currently running series, I've already read GTO.

Zweizer

Banned
I now need to find myself a new Slice of Life/Romance/School series to read. Any suggestions?

Jitsu wa Watashi wa fits all three and is one of the best series currently running. Other good series that fit all the three genres are Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro, Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki and Shuukan Shounen Girl.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";218548235]Best romance is A Town Where You Live.[/QUOTE]

lol

Soma 185

Pretty cool we finally saw Alice's Father and his aides too

we are getting more of the Nakiri puzzle

Alice's Father looks like if Kazuya Mishima and Phoenix Wright morphed into one entity

My Hero Academia
Ugh, romance and shipping is terrible is 99% of shonen and this isn't any better. I hate when half a female character's character is about her feelings towards the MC and how she's too shy to confess.

cntr

Banned
I'm uncertain how you read "ok, I need to put my feelings aside and focus on what's important right now" as "too shy to confess"

Daingurse

Toriko 389

NEO Acacia becomes more and more terrifying each chapter. Jesus Christ. The clock seems to be running out for Earth as well. This planet cannot hold out much longer, whether Acacia gives it the "big squeeze" or not. The cooking of Earth is complete.

I'm uncertain how you read "ok, I need to put my feelings aside and focus on what's important right now" as "too shy to confess"

The fact that it's in the context of her feelings is the problem. Everyone is focusing on the exam and she's still idolizing everything Deku does like a fangirl. Her inner monologue could've been done without any mention of her feelings towards him, but everything is "Deku is so smart and cool and brave! I need to try my best to be that way too!" instead of "Everyone is so smart and cool and brave! I need to step it up!"

cntr

Banned
What's so weird about that? Everybody in the class admires Deku, Ochako getting a crush mixed into it doesn't change that. You're reading weird things into it if that makes her a fangirl.

Edit: And that's not what she's saying in the chapter. She's telling herself to focus on her actual goals and to worry about relationship stuff later, the exact opposite of what you're complaining about.

So I just finished up Nisekoi and outside of a few minor things I didn't mind the way it ended.

I now need to find myself a new Slice of Life/Romance/School series to read. Any suggestions?

Lovely Complex
Jitsu wa Watashi wa

I'm sure I read others but my mind is blanking out right now.

Red Sprite 6

Okay, this was a pretty good chapter. that two page spread was an awesome shot and I really liked him drinking the wine and being like "WHAT IS THIS STUFF?!" and then getting tipsy later.

Soma

More Alice family = good chapter

Ctj8qdPVUAAICyM.jpg

i agree

Sesha

One Piece 841

Switching between Sanji's story and Luffy's fight during a chapter doesn't work. The pace feels like it's dragging as a result.

Toriko 389

I have the opposite feeling here. The last few chapters really makes me feel like Shimabukuro has lost interest and that he's just rushing towards the end.

grand blue 5

whoa, a chapter mostly about diving.

Shuukan Shounen Girl 1 - 3

Saw this mentioned on the previous page so I figured I'd read it. Have to say its pretty weird so far.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece Cutting to Luffy being stuffed from eating the biscuits(why didn't anyone else think of that, its such a good idea) cracked me up. This new arc is continuing to be top tier.

My Hero Glad to see Class A is nonsurprisingly shit at rescue ops. Makes sense, since they seem to be focused on Hero v. Villain encounters. Just a few pages of the others being very professional really drove it home the various lines of hero work. Also, God damn it why can't I get at least one shonen MC couple not at the very end of the series.

Red Sprit 5-6 Oh look, still pretty good. Generic bad guy leagues is kind of generic. Though that might mostly be because I've started up Gundam.

Blue Exorcist 82- Man, every single part of this chapter was freaking gold. There was a lull for a bit, but things have really gotten interesting. Got to give it credit, when this series is good, it is really freaking good.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Glad to see Class A is nonsurprisingly shit at rescue ops. Makes sense, since they seem to be focused on Hero v. Villain encounters. Just a few pages of the others being very professional really drove it home the various lines of hero work. Also, God damn it why can't I get at least one shonen MC couple not at the very end of the series.
If there's any manga where I could believe it happening, it's this one

Ok so it's almost October. I need some good scary series to read this month. Any recommendations? and yes I've already read Franken Fran. It was good

Mono-Eye (NSFW doujin)

TeDSgji.png

Came expecting mono-eye(s), instead I got yandere yuri. I'm legitimately unsure whether that's an upgrade or not. The plot/art/doujin itself wasn't anything stellar, but the subject matter made it worth reading regardless.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 36

So many exploitable Fujiwara faces.

You did your best Fujiwara. *salutes*

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch428

Someone's confused.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch143

Such a pair of reasonable, well-behaved adults.

Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu ch35

Forever a loser.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san ch10

Must be tough being goons.

Comic Girls vol2 ch8

Such a scary senpai~

Good thing skinship solves everything.

Not Lives ch51

Virtual babies.

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen ch16

He could just avoid this stupid drama by picking Satsuki instead.

Holy crap I just cleaned up on a tiny book store in my area they had almost all their manga for $1 in excellent condition I picked up

Dragon ball 1-3
Bleach 1
Suikoden 3 1-11 (whole series)
Ruroni Kenshi 3 in 1 3-6
Sand Land
.hack gu 1-2
One piece 3 in 1 7/8/9

Ran me $37 for all of that

Zweizer

Banned
Boku Girl ch84-86

Loki back in action again.

The Inside of Person I Love (One-shot) by Mountain Pukuichi

Featured neither insides nor lewd. 0/Zweizer.

TheMax

Neo Member
Magi 323

Rip Simbad

Now will ugo job to david or will david job to ugo who will then reveal himself has the last vilain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom