• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
Jump Rankings 3/14

Volume 15 (14-3-2016)
1. Assassination Classroom
2. One Piece
3. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Shokugeki no Soma
5. Haikyuu!!
6. Hinomaru Zumou
7. Gintama
8. Kochikame
9. Nisekoi
10. PSI Kusuo Saiki
11. World Trigger
12. Bleach
13. Toriko

Cover & Lead Colour Page: Samon-kun wa Summoner
Colour Page: Black Clover Mononofu
Colour Page: Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜

Revo

OPM Murata 92

So short :(
Still not sure why we're going through this martial arts stuff besides filling out extra time.

kasane

but garou arc so good :(

but muh fillers
sad.gif

Anteater

Tokyo Ghoul:re 68

guess they really have no other choice in the first TG, all those theories about Hide are fucked, you're gonna read his last written testament and you're gonna like it

Kaneki is really back and yeah he has no one to live for

Fuck everything

H0ydgTN.jpg

Lain

Mahoromi - Jikuu Kensetsu Genshitan volume 1
44Kb.jpg

Surprised by the Italian edition of this. It was a rather good edition despite the publisher (only problem I spotted where two baloon's text switched around) so now I only have to hope that despite it being a Kei Tome manga and the publisher sucking at keeping regular releases, I can get the other 3 volumes quickly.

As with every Kei Tome manga, what I like the most is the atmosphere and art/character art. The premise isn't bad either, a sort of Ghost Whisperer for old buildings (about to get demolished) without the cringe-inducing parts of Ghost Whisperer (Melinda telling people she sees ghosts/Melinda listening to ghosts to relay what they are saying) because our duo of sensitives have to just take care of the building's last memory.

Giant Killing volume 32
54Kb.jpg

Man, Tsubaki really needs to wake up. This is the match for him to really grow up as a player mentally.
Natsuki
gave ETU another chance with that goal and with it coming right after Kuro got his second yellow, it was a needed morale boost
The Prince has been playing so damn well too, really working himself and if Bakki doesn't get his act together, I'll be disappointed.

Zweizer

Banned
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch30

Why would you need anyone else than Ontan, Kadode?

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch68

Gee, can't they learn to be nicer?

Hide is now one with his husbandbro.

If you think of all the possible bad ends in TG, being eaten by your most important friend isn't all that bad.

Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku 1

W0dRIVE.jpg

Crime solving series about a detective with an unorthodox form of amnesia, in which her memory resets whenever she falls asleep. It's by Nisio, which is either a point in favour or against it depending on your views. Enjoyed the first chapter a lot, though I have a natural bias towards stories like this.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Hen

Despite the stupid LN name, this is actually somewhat interesting. Dude gets transported to a fantasy world trope except he's pretty nonchalant about it. Then some girl helps him out and shows him around and he decides to help her find something to pay her back. Except it ends up in them both being eviscerated. And when he dies, he wakes back up where he started his day. So he tries again. And again.

That's pretty much the set up; every time he dies he goes back to the beginning of the events that ended up in his death. No one remembers except him. The beginning is just set uppy and whatever but it's the first actual arc that got my interest.

The MC is just very earnest and genuine and it's easy to like him and the supporting characters so far. So when he dies and wakes up again after making so many friends who now don't recognize him you really feel for how emotionally devastated he is.

I'll follow this one, it seems to take two fairly common story beats and handle them effectively.

Edit: Oh shit, I'm reading the 2nd volume. Apparently this is the sequel and the "set up chapters" in the beginning are actually the first volume of the manga. I guess they're adapting the Light Novels 1:1 and each volume is it's own separate manga? Funny. I only caught on cause I looked up some info and saw people talk about how it's 7 volumes and each volume gets more and more depressing. I should be in for a fun ride then

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 30

lol that desktop probably weighs more than the girls carrying it combined.

Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 68

Kind of a weird / random spot to bring up Hide again, but alright. Last couple pages were nice.

One Punch Man (Murata) ch. 92

eh

dani_dc

Hajime no Ippo 1095-1105

Takaruma just does whatever he wants to do, including learning entirely new boxing styles on the fly.

Usually I'd complain, but there's something very satisfying about seeing Takamura just doing whatever the hell he wants to do.

Bully ( ´;ω;`)
I think he likes it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction - 30

I have the sensation that Kadode doesn't really like him and more like she does this because she's behind the others...

I came back to trod on Zweizer
Doesn't the opposite happens though? Zweizer walks on all of us

phaze

TG :re

The only thing dead after this chapter is the Hide=Washuu theory. No self respecting Washuu would go along with such an idiotic plan.

Speaking of bad plans, Kaneki should have done his briliant keikaku when Arima was out hunting Shachi or chilling out in V headquarters and not when he was exactly 100 meters away.

That last page got me, I must say. ;_; Ishida better not turn this arc into Marineford.

Finished volume 1 of Akira today. Really great so far. Very interested in seeing where the Akira plot goes along with the relationship between Kaneda and Tetsuo. I love the overall aesthetic for it too. Need to get the rest of the series soon.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku 1

W0dRIVE.jpg

Crime solving series about a detective with an unorthodox form of amnesia, in which her memory resets whenever she falls asleep. It's by Nisio, which is either a point in favour or against it depending on your views. Enjoyed the first chapter a lot, though I have a natural bias towards stories like this.

I like it. the detective is unique and an eccentric (lol)

Dead dead demon dedededestructions 30
I'm not sure what so good about that teacher. Who need teacher when you can has ontan playing FPS with you!?

Revo

xxxHOLiC Rei 47

Bluh
Nothing feels like it happens until it's already happened. And even then it's still wrapped up in smoke.

Tokyo Ghoul 68

I had a sneaking suspicion that he ate him back then. Either that, or Hide has a secret affiliation with the CCG that he was able to get out of there without getting caught.

diaspora

Tokyo Ghoul 68

I had a sneaking suspicion that he ate him back then. Either that, or Hide has a secret affiliation with the CCG that he was able to get out of there without getting caught.

Literally pages after Hide sees him, Kaneki says he tasted blood in his mouth. I thought it was supposed to be obvious to everyone that he ate him.

Quasar

Girls of the Wilds 227 - So the girls are both getting over the idiot. Though I guess this means so something major is about to happen to him that will bring them back together, such as a previously teased major illness.

Girls of the Wilds 227 - So the girls are both getting over the idiot. Though I guess this means so something major is about to happen to him that will bring them back together, such as a previously teased major illness.

I think what's about to go down here (especially with the further hyping of Myeonghwan as a suitor for Daldal) is...

- Both girls try to move on, Ingui tells Daldal she can do what she wants
- Daldal gets famous from TV and starts getting pushed into a possible career
- Daldal starts to actually accept she likes Myeonghwan
- Jaegu realizes he actually did like Daldal (which is already beginning to happen, based on this chapter)
- Jaegu does have some hidden illness or something silly like that and it puts him in the hospital but doesn't kill him
- Both girls come running because they think "zomg he gunna die"
- They realize he's okay, try to go back to keeping their distance
- Jaegu drops a bomb on Daldal and says he likes her too
- Daldal has to choose between the successful law student and the poor car wash employee, everyone else says go with the guy with money since she's on her way up
- Picks Jaegu anyway after much drama with herself, Jaegu, Ingui and Myeonghwan

Seems like the writers went for the traditional k-drama maximum damage before a possible happy ending, so based on the tropes this I how I see it going.

Taruranto

Just Finished reading 21st Century Boys

5s7Jlax.jpg

Overall I did enjoy my time with it, I loved the underlying mysteries and themes, I would have enjoyed it more if the third part wasn't just a trainwreck.

The manga really jumped the shark with Friend BECOMING THE PRESIDENT OF THE WHOLE WORLD and his "resurrection". Because yeah, a dude in a mask gets "resurrected" and everyone, all the religions and nationalities are OK with it. It's so naive and stupid that it's the kind of writing I'd expect out of something like Code Geass or Valvrave, not Urasawa.

About Friend identity
s. I really don't have any issue with Fukubei and I really loved the chapters from his point of view. Some people take issue with Katsumata being the second friend but personally I think him being this sort of "non-character", a ghost, it really fits the story, his face isn't even show once after all. It could have been done a bit better though, I guess.

About the characters,
I was really disappointed when Kenji turned out to be alive. And when he told Kana "This isn't how I envisioned you growing up" WTF? Get the fuck out. I wish Cho got more screentime. God and Koizumi were hilarious supporting characters.

There were a lot of similarities with Persona 2 plot, up to the very last chapter, which it's suuuuper weird since they came out about at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom