• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyful

What are your favorite h-manga?

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail 504

why are Natsu and Gray fighting anyway?

Because the plot of shonen always requires the lead and the co-lead to fight. Seriously - Naruto v. Sasuke, random tease of Ichigo v. Ishida (that never panned out!), Vegeta turns evil again (because reasons).

Burbeting

Banned
Top 5 manga (I don't read much though)

1. Fullmetal Alchemist - Still the best Shounen in my eyes. Avoids most of the typical pitfalls by having battles be very short, cast interesting and plot very well thought out from the start, with literally no ret-cons at sight. The level of quality Shounen authors should aim for.

2. Liar Game - I love the mind games, even with the setting of the series in inplausible an the ending felt like a pretty weak cop-out. There was lot of originality and inventiveness to everything here.

3. Umineko no naku koro ni + Chiru (all 50 volumes of it) - I know that the Visual Novel is pretty divisive, but I really liked it. The manga adaptation might be even better than the original source, by cutting down the length of some of the more boring parts, and presenting the core themes of the series much more consistently than what the VN did. I also love complex detective stories.

4. Battle Royale - It's gory, and even more brutal than the book or the movie ever were. Definitely not an easy manga to stomach, but I still hold it pretty high.

5. Death Note - Outside some really questionable aspects like how the women were treated, I still love the suspense, and how the plot is build on. Could have been few volumes shorter though, the last volumes were paced very awkwardly.

Akito

No, No, No and No.

But I'll do first impressions based on google search results.

Hot House: I'm not target audience for this.

Mai chan: ....Why is she wearing a collar in the volume cover?

Rage Town: Nothing found. Most likely for the better.

Children can't choose their parents:
I don't actually recommend any of those titles but at least now you got to know a side of MangaGAF you
never
wanted to see.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The actual reason Natsu is fighting Gray is because Gray thinks that the Demons killed Ur, his father and Juvia (Juvia is alive), Natsu is fighting Gray because part of Natsu's "creation" gave him an unstoppable instinct to kill Zeref (Zeref's ultimate goal is technically his own destruction, he's just insane to boot) and Gray has some kind of questionable need to kill Natsu now and leave Zeref alive because ???????????

It also makes zero sense that Gray would even have the ability to stand toe-to-toe with Demon Natsu.

Burbeting

Banned
Oh, and I almost dropped reading manga altogether after forcing myself to read 20 volumes of certain shounen, and it was so bad.

Spoilers:
It was Bleach

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Lot of wrong opinions in the manga thread today...

Nanatsu no Taizo Oh look evil Medolas. People are noticing... kind of[/b]

Fairy Tail whatever Oh look, potential a cool fight, oh no it went away.[/b]

Promise Neverland 9 Oh look its still pretty good. Little unclear about the pacing, but I think the two boys are making a murder plot without what'sherface because she'd probably not be cool with it. Lot of little gray folds being added each week. I have a feeling the chase is going to be this manga's form of 'fights' and if so, little disappointing. Just went by quick is all(which is maybe the point? Still a little worried.)

the testosterone combo
you know it ;)
I concur
Red Sprite 5

Man! Tatsu Frampt is the coolest!

Really hoping this series stays long.

I really don't know if it will

the dude rushed through the beginning so far and once it started to slow a bit it started to get interesting

but still you see some speeding going on here like the fact that there top ship got destroyed and introduced already

plus the author really seems not to slowly introduce and develop characters by rather instead having people pop in with one word bubble explaining there premise and opinions

you know it ;)

I concur

I really don't know if it will

the dude rushed through the beginning so far and once it started to slow a bit it started to get interesting

but still you see some speeding going on here like the fact that there top ship got destroyed and introduced already

plus the author really seems not to slowly introduce and develop characters by rather instead having people pop in with one word bubble explaining there premise and opinions

Don't do this to me..Let me dream!

Verelios

I am free from those two factions and all evil that they possess

Also the Nisekoi question is a SHAM but I'll let it slide due to having the correct Soma question

----

Burbeting read Kingdom, Berserk and Vinland Saga, please
Add in Golden Kamui and Vagabond (lord! That's good)

I wanted to rebut the Soma vote...but no lies were detected #AliceSlay

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
If anyone wants to read a story about an mc who wants revenge but isn't driven by blind rage but cool headed, go read Dokgo. Idk if you should read the prequel before or after since I didn't.
zweizer pls
don't prove my word by your own posts

anything made by konkitt
6359394132905516771653386035_MERMAID_MAN_SEEKS_EVIL.jpg

I am not familiar with his or her's work. Also this conversation is over.

If anyone wants to read a story about an mc who wants revenge but isn't driven by blind rage but cool headed, go read Dokgo. Idk if you should read the prequel before or after since I didn't.

6359394132905516771653386035_MERMAID_MAN_SEEKS_EVIL.jpg

I am not familiar with his or her's work. Also this conversation is over.

Dokgo is the shit. Great manga/manhwa.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Dokgo is the shit. Great manga/manhwa.
Eh its more like a web comic than a manga. I finished Dokgi and been reading the author's other manhwa, Tong. I wouldn't want just another rehash of Dokgo but it's different enough. But if you want something more like Dokgo, go read Dear Boy, its more gruesome and slighly dumber than Dokgo.
Oh, and I almost dropped reading manga altogether after forcing myself to read 20 volumes of certain shounen, and it was so bad.

Spoilers:
It was Bleach
Number 1 shounen series to get burned by and out from.

Revo

Nukoduke! 83

Need more nuko dress up time

Nukoduke! 84

That's really some low alcohol tolerance he has there.

Nukoduke! 85

I hope the baby and the nukos do meet up again in the future.

Jintor

MHA 104-108 (seriously do you guys actualy remember what goddamn chapter number you read or do you have to check each time like i do)

gooooood stuff!

maou-jou de oyasumi 07 - 12

amusing but desperately needs more recurring characters but i guess it's okay as a fun one-shot

new game v5 ch 8-13

got to hand it to the anime, it really adds this spark that the manga kinda doesn't really have by being 4koma. art's still good though

Turok_TTZ

Late, but here:

I dont recall seeing this when i was first here so here goes.

Negima, prison school, One punch man, mob psycho 100, Yu yu hakusho.

From what very little ive read of nisekoi clearly marika.

From very little of what ive read of souma, alice. Cant really get into a girl whos head is a crab. Cant take crab girl seriously. Alice makes great facial expressions so rather easy to decide.

Faction? I associate with no one regardless of context. If i had to choose which to NOT destroy, would have to be zweizer. Sorry DTL but you too BL dedicated. I do like BL but GL is always my #1. (btw what is this faction stuff about, what happened?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom