• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Honestly, I would have preferred if we didn't see even a single panel of Watchdog Man fighting.

I don't honestly expect to see him fight Garou actually. I'm expecting some Squirrel Girl style antics where he kicks Garou's ass off panel and we just see the aftermath.

Ugh, I'm about to drop the Murata OPM. It's seriously dragging and I feel like a lot of the recent fans got into the series through it/the anime, and it is completely missing the point of the original ONE manga. All these fights are the opposite of what the series was about. It's practically just a typical shonen at this point. I get it's probably so it doesn't catch up to ONE's version, but still

LeleSocho

Banned
Ugh, I'm about to drop the Murata OPM. It's seriously dragging and I feel like a lot of the recent fans got into the series through it/the anime, and it is completely missing the point of the original ONE manga. All these fights are the opposite of what the series was about. It's practically just a typical shonen at this point. I get it's probably so it doesn't catch up to ONE's version, but still

Just think of them as two separate manga like i do, you'll enjoy it way more.

HStallion

I'm mixed at the moment. I do like certain parts like the Metal Bay Vs. Garou battle which helped fill in some blanks from ONE's original version and was just an all around awesome fight but I admit a lot of the martial arts tournament stuff isn't great though I did love Genos wrecking all those other monsters and his battles and the resolutions to them matching the fights going on in the tournament.

I'm actually curious what the fuck the deal is with the Monster King since he's not at all from the webcomic.

Watchdog Man's whole shtick was seeing him never do anything, only the aftermath of torn apart corpses. Showing him fight and worse explaining it destroys the entire joke around his character.

I do think he's stronger than his rank; I think he's low because he only defends one city and never answers calls anywhere else.

TheFlow

Banned
Watchdog Man's whole shtick was seeing him never do anything, only the aftermath of torn apart corpses. Showing him fight and worse explaining it destroys the entire joke around his character.

I do think he's stronger than his rank; I think he's low because he only defends one city and never answers calls anywhere else.
Yea now we won't look at him the same. the gag is over and now he is more of a serious character to the viewers.

dunno guys
seeing drive knight being a badass and watchdog man fight were p cool to me

Yeah...but it's the complete opposite of the point of One Punch Man. The premise is you have all these traditionally cool characters who in other manga would get tons of fights and be kicking ass, yet you have this plain bald dude who is secretly the strongest.

It's why Genos is a jobber, and always will be a jobber. He's a subversion of the bishy badass super powered MC who powers up and wins.

It's why we have King who people assume is strong solely because he looks like a badass even though he has no abilities or strength whatsoever.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah...but it's the complete opposite of the point of One Punch Man. The premise is you have all these traditionally cool characters who in other manga would get tons of fights and be kicking ass, yet you have this plain bald dude who is secretly the strongest.

It's why Genos is a jobber, and always will be a jobber. He's a subversion of the bishy badass super powered MC who powers up and wins.

It's why we have King who people assume is strong solely because he looks like a badass even though he has no abilities or strength whatsoever.
Ok I'm not caught but is that ninja guy still a shit?

upandaway

Tomo-chan

I'm getting legitimately worried, if Jun reacted the way he did to seeing her in a skirt I can't imagine how he'll react to a bikini

Revo

Noblesse 426

Guess I couldn't expect Frankenstein to be able to 1v3 them as well.

Noblesse 427

Finally Muzaka's time to shine.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch441

At least she's got the motivation part down.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch145

Jitsu wa is a gag manga.

Himouto! Umaru-chan ch149

They didn't burn the house down at least.

Aho Girl ch67-68

So it all started when Akkun gave her his banana.

Car Graffiti JK ch13

Nothing like the beach to blow off some steam~

Bird Café! ch13.5

Teaching a birdbrain must be tough.

Revo

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 45

One step at a time, tanaka.

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 46

A different perspective is all that was needed.
Her hair is amazing though.

dramatis

The rankings don't mean anything and Soma was ranked third or something in the last chapter.

All that matters is volume sales. You guys consistently overrract to the order series are published in the magazine.
I always come in to put a Big BUT (not the Zweizer kind) in, which is that rankings matter quite a bit for new series (unless they have special circumstances like Isobee or the other manga that said it wanted to be at the end of every magazine during its run).

I do think people put too much stock into the rankings though. OT got all hopped up about it in a thread from like a month ago I think

Tripon

Kengran Asura 37

I suppose this counts as romance.
eVeERXn.jpg

JulianImp

Tetsugaku Letra - Volume 2

Hmm... having Fujimoto show up again and makes me think this might end up going the romance route after all, since the MC is now looking up to her from the shadows due to being overly self-aware about his previous hikkikomori ways, which isn't the best development in my book. I mean, I initally expected the two characters to be more interconected, but the first episode kind of made me feel like the girl was only a stepping stone (like his little sister or the former bailaora) in his way to accepting himself and finding a new passion in his life that could fill the void left by basketball after he realized it just wasn't for him.

I also get that he has to drill the basic motions for dancing flamenco, but the illustrator didn't have to drill the same exact kappa nightmare page into us (except for one time that used a different drawing for one panel, even though the dialogue was the same) three times in the span of a single volume.

If I gave the first volume a ten, then I'd probably give this a six, and mostly for the earlier parts where Fujimoto was still out of the picture (if only momentarily).

Lain

Revenge Classroom Volume 1

Girl is bullied by most of her classmates, with the few not bullying her just looking to the other side when people do bad things to her.
The bullying is quite severe, as she's been raped and someone tried to outright kill her by pushing her under an oncoming car.
Initially she resigned herself to all that shit happening to her but after the attempt to kill her she decides to take revenge on all everyone, no one excluded.

The revenge chain begins easily, with things seemingly going well for our heroine: she gets one guy who raped her beat up and the one she tricked to beat up the rapist suspended.
She gets one of the delinquent girls who beat her up and stole her money caught for prostitution while the other raped. She also manages to get her ex friend grounded by her crazy parents.
Everything seems to go well with the revenge until she learns that there is some hidden mastermind behind all the bad things that happened to her while her ex friend was somehow protecting her (she notes that after she came left the hospital the bullying eased a bit and the guys stopped raping her, but I'd define that a very weak and late protection) but it's now too late to turn back, the event she set in motion accelerate and two of her ex friends die.
I can smell the drama intensifying here, with Ayana, our heroine, possibly getting feelings of guilt after these 2 deaths at the end of the volume.
For my take, this seems quite the trashy story. I'd prefer a full on revenge with no plot twist where some assholes turn out to only be half assholes (fuck them all up Ayana, they deserve it) but I'll take what I can get.

HStallion

Its been a while since I read ONE's webcomic version of OPM but Saitama is not in the series much after he takes out Boros. He often pops in to do something cool but a lot of the focus is on the other hero's until the very end of the Monster Association Arc. There are long sections where he fails to show up and I think that's what Murata's version is basically expanding upon.

Ray Down

Banned
Toriko 391:

What was the point of all these guys coming back and then getting one-shotted?

And what number are we at for Neo/Acacia transformations? Like 5?

G.ZZZ

Toriko 391:

What was the point of all these guys coming back and then getting one-shotted?

And what number are we at for Neo/Acacia transformations? Like 5?

You tell me
mjcry1.png

He's rushing everything and still doing those nonsense bait and switch right at the end, how far have we fallen
mjcry1.png

Three heavenly fodders casually dismembered by eye rays LOL.

Everything after gourmet world never happened except Jirou being badass because reasons.

Also RIP Guinness the rest were irrilevant anyway, like quarter paneled.

I look at Toriko's ending as a condensed "this is all I had planned for a better paced final battle" certainly better then the garbage that was Bleach's final battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom