• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

balgajo

5921_900.png

Awesome HeroAca cover!

mdubs

Banned
Viz in their pod cast sounds like they really want to keep doing it since they love it "feels like a natural Bleach replacement" in their words

I hope so. I'm enjoying it, and I'm going to predict it'll stay just because Love Rush and Red Sprite are so clearly heading for the axe.

Also Love Rush's last chapter was one of the most obvious Axe moments I've seen in a long time, so they know they need a replacement (they are going to lose Toriko soon enough as well, so just keep on accepting each series and replacing the quick axed ones with the next batch until something sticks).

Yes, holy moly that last chapter was the embodiment of a dying series desperately clinging to life. 10 chapters in and we already have a beach scene

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Looking for some recommendations. Read Dungeon Meshi and The Promised Neverland. Looking for sfw suggestions.

I'm going to look over the stuff in the OP in the meanwhile to see if I can find anything that looks interesting to me.

Zweizer

Banned
What's this? Looks super interesting

Oh it's super interesting alright~

Looking for some recommendations. Read Dungeon Meshi and The Promised Neverland. Looking for sfw suggestions.

I'm going to look over the stuff in the OP in the meanwhile to see if I can find anything that looks interesting to me.

It's not completely safe for work, but The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness is well worth reading.

upandaway

A Method to Make a Gentle World 20

Didn't really expect things to go full shojo the past few chapters. So many love triangles.
But man this manga's treatment of academics is so weird. Every once in a while I see something like this which makes me think the author needs to chill out. Not cool. And they do teach friction, jerk.

Ever tried Baby Steps?

My heart is shattered...I guess I gotta get in the mind set that Red Sprite will be cancelled. It's a shame, this was turning into one of my new favorite Jump titles.

Good news is World trigger jumped them rank! What was that chapter? That was near the end of the rank wars match no?

That match had a lot of moments that could've caused the jump. Osamu combos with Chika to score a kill, Yuma with the grasshopper shenanigans, and even the Ikoma punking Yuma at the end could've done it. I'm glad to see it appear that high too.

upandaway

A Method to Make a Gentle World (end)

That ended up ok I guess. I still don't get how getting first in a test makes you the subject of gross rumors in the entire school but hey whatever. I do wish they spent more time on Yuu's siblings and the fujoshi girl, especially the siblings. Aoi was the best character easily, the rest of the cast didn't deserve her at all.

Been a while since I read such a romance/drama heavy thing, felt nice

kasane

A Method to Make a Gentle World (end)

That ended up ok I guess. I still don't get how getting first in a test makes you the subject of gross rumors in the entire school but hey whatever. I do wish they spent more time on Yuu's siblings and the fujoshi girl, especially the siblings. Aoi was the best character easily, the rest of the cast didn't deserve her at all.

Been a while since I read such a romance/drama heavy thing, felt nice

i miss u panda. can we be a romance/drama duo

Looks like Dance, Samon and Hinomaru Zamou are damn lucky, all three of them have had rankings troubles as of the past few months and are weak sellers for their genres (Samon Vol.6 28K, Dance Vol.7 28K and Hinomaru Vol.11 19K (was a short week, got 36K total through its second week)). But there is no way they will be axed this time around due to LR + RS being deader then dead (unless something drastic happens in rankings or sales), and Toriko exiting stage left by the end of the year (yes Gintama is ending, but we don't know if its within this year or by next summer).

Ray Down

Banned
From E Robot to Love Rush, both canned pretty fast.

Maybe the artist needs to try something else.

That reminds me I wonder what Matsui next work will be.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Tomohiro Yagi has no luck. First Iron Knight was swiftly killed, now Red Sprite. Maybe he'll be like Horikoshi and his third series will be the big hit?

Ryohei Yamamoto needs to try something with depth. Brainless fanservice series are not working for him. Even if Love Rush had dumb justification for why every girl drops their spaghetti over this generic protagonist, it clearly wasn't enough.

Tomohiro Yagi has no luck. First Iron Knight was swiftly killed, now Red Sprite. Maybe he'll be like Horikoshi and his third series will be the big hit?

Ryohei Yamamoto needs to try something with depth. Brainless fanservice series are not working for him. Even if Love Rush had dumb justification for why every girl drops their spaghetti over this generic protagonist, it clearly wasn't enough.

Or maybe his next series might become more popular but story wise it is a dud

like Hungry Joker vs Black Clover :|

I really hope for him that third times the charm, because I really like his artstyle and I want more stuff from him.

But lets stay positive! Red Sprite will rise.

Wiseblade

I want the record to show that I called Red Sprite DOA from the beginning. I actually had hope for Love Rush, it had the potential to become To-Love Ru mixed with Monster Musume, but missed the mark hard.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I think Red Sprite us pretty good all things considered. Its typical shonen stuff and has some cool stuff. But what killed it was Promised Netherland. That created this desire for something more complicated in readers hearts and thats something Red Sprite certainly is not.

Ray Down

Banned

Luckily for these guys, Jump is willing to keep giving rookies chances.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's only so many ways you can write a story about a clueless idiot who never asks out the hot girls obviously slobbering over him.

Wiseblade

Whats your call on Amalgam and Spring Weapon?
I'm not particularly fond of either. Amalgam reminds me enough of Bleach that I can see it gaining an audience as a rebound manga, but there's no guarantee. Spring Weapon could also go either way. It could draw a crowd as a better drawn but worse reading Mob Psycho 100, but the latter has a high quality anime so I think the window on that may have closed. If I have to make I call, neither are long for the world and I won't miss them.

Viz need to just suck it up and add Haikyuu to the Jump International roster. Honestly, they should have done it ages ago when the first season of the anime was airing. at least the currently airing third season is only 10 episodes because it's so close to the manga. Just run 2 issues each week instead of all these dead pages from the end of the Shiratorizawa match onwards after the season ends. Is that dancing manga still going? Bring that back too.

I'm not particularly fond of either. Amalgam reminds me enough of Bleach that I can see it gaining an audience as a rebound manga, but there's no guarantee. Spring Weapon could also go either way. It could draw a crowd as a better drawn but worse reading Mob Psycho 100, but the latter has a high quality anime so I think the window on that may have closed. If I have to make I call, neither are long for the world and I won't miss them.

Viz need to just suck it up and add Haikyuu to the Jump International roster. Honestly, they should have done it ages ago when the first season of the anime was airing. at least the currently airing third season is only 10 episodes because it's so close to the manga. Just run 2 issues each week instead of all these dead pages from the end of the Shiratorizawa match onwards after the season ends. Is that dancing manga still going? Bring that back too.

They should probably also add Kimetsu no Yaiba now while it's still fairly short since I believe its been the most successful jump start they passed on.

Wiseblade

While I'm actually posting in here...

Is Seraph of the End adapted from a light novel series or something? Because it totally reads like one (or at least, what I imagine them to be like).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
While I'm actually posting in here...

Is Seraph of the End adapted from a light novel series or something? Because it totally reads like one (or at least, what I imagine them to be like).

Nope, it's manga first.
But there are some light novel tie-ins.

Moaradin

I'm glad Promised Neverland is the one that seems to be sticking around out of all the recent ones. Love Rush was awful and while Red Sprite had some interesting elements, it was mostly pretty generic. I'll be surprised if Amalgam ends up being a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom