• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Barakamon Vol 12

It got real this volume. We are introduced to Naru's father (works at sea). He visits every Christmas and he never introduced himself to his daughter. I don't want to spoil the whole volume but at the end of his visit, I was about to tear up. I felt so bad for Naru.

Verelios

Barakamon Vol 12

It got real this volume. We are introduced to Naru's father (works at sea). He visits every Christmas and he never introduced himself to his daughter. I don't want to spoil the whole volume but at the end of his visit, I was about to tear up. I felt so bad for Naru.
Wait a minute. Is it as rough as Gatsu no Lion? Because that hit me so hard I'm still reeling

pbayne

Barakamon Vol 12

Huh need to catch up. I don't know why but i always assumed her parents were dead and she lived with her granda.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch453

Owned. Game Boy should stick to talking about what he knows.

Which is nothing by the way.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch146

Huh, that's a surprising ability for Oka. More development is always welcome though.

Touhou Sangetsusei ~ Visionary Fairies in Shrine 4

Views on this remain unchanged, but I'll keep following it in the hope that Hecatia'll show up. That single mug shot doesn't count.
XQ0SjSS.png
Praise the goddess, the existence of this series is now justified. Well, it's not like she's playing an active role in the main 'story' (such as it is), but I'll take it regardless. Curious about whether her plans for Clownpiece are largely just a capricious whim or whether there's something deeper behind her designs. Also I'm disappointed that the fairy isn't actually able to take her fellows back to hell.

What's this? Looks super interesting
The Monster Girl Encyclopedia is an encyclopedia. It is an encyclopedia of monster girls. The Monster Girl Encyclopedia wiki (NSFW) has more information about this encyclopedia of monster girls.

bobohoro

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 146

I kinda want Oka to totally lose it, turn evil or insane. He has the possibilities for a really interesting character in the following arc and might really mix things up.

Tomo-chan 453

just ditch Jun already.

convo

He says that he knows people don't like the arc with Hayama turning heel but he felt like it was necessary to do it for the story.

Are the readers of shonen jump also gonna be mad when Sanji does the exact same thing?
Only in One Piece Oda and the editors get out of their way to spell out every reason why Sanji would do it in almost annoying detail. They make it so children can understand this.
I can't understand how people can still think Hayama is going to be a permanent villian.

jitsu wa watashi wa 146

Interesting development. Its nice to see Oka finally get more background, as he was the last of the group of friends we didn't know anything about.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch844

Yeah, Luffy's not fooled.

Luffy of all people going on a hunger strike would be a sight to behold however.

Horimiya ch56.5, 63.5

Hori the best. Tooru ultimately gained something from these dreams.

Shokugeki no Soma ch189

That's one trick to reverse the dish order I guess.

Soma's got this in the bag.

bobohoro

One Piece 844

That fan request.

And Sanji wins a fight for a change. The true reason to shed tears right there.
Going on a hunger strike is pretty much the heaviest thing Luffy ever did. Which goes to show that, even if he understood Sanji's intent, he's still against it.

Shokugeki No Soma 189

Bursting and Bestowing?
Well...
Soma got this in the bag. He went last with the sauce!
Why does everything sound so lewd with this manga.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
One Piece ch. 844

Goddamn, he even lost a tooth.

Prison School ch. 232

I completely forgot Chiyo even tried to climb Andre before, actually.

upandaway

One Piece

Wow that was nuts. I don't remember Luffy ever acting like that. It was obvious he wasn't gonna listen to Sanji's nonsense (kinda disappointed Nami did actually) but I didn't think he'd put all of the weight on him like that. Luffy was having none of that, holy crap.

All I can think about is how good the payoff is going to be to all of this. Sanji kicking his family's butts and cooking something for Luffy.
Have to say the themes this arc are spot on between the hunger strike with Sanji, Big Mom's gimmicks etc (they were really good in Baratie arc too)

One Piece:
Luffy being a boss here. He's pretty perceptive of everything going on with Sanji, and he's not going to take any of that crap. I look forward to seeing how Sanji responds to all of this and having him take down his family.

Wiseblade

One Piece
Luffy's speech game stays strong.
One Piece

Wow that was nuts. I don't remember Luffy ever acting like that. It was obvious he wasn't gonna listen to Sanji's nonsense (kinda disappointed Nami did actually) but I didn't think he'd put all of the weight on him like that. Luffy was having none of that, holy crap.

All I can think about is how good the payoff is going to be to all of this. Sanji kicking his family's butts and cooking something for Luffy.
Have to say the themes this arc are spot on between the hunger strike with Sanji, Big Mom's gimmicks etc (they were really good in Baratie arc too)
Nami's reaction is more "there are some things you don't say, even if you don't mean them" rather than her falling for the words themselves.

phaze

Soma

He destroys his outfit, yet barely a few panels later he has it back on, completely free of any damage, I call asspull.

Revo

Kingdom 491-493

Guess we'll be dealing with more archers in the future.

Kingdom 494

Gotta keep bringing in new people.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Eh that last minute attempt to paint Acacia in a somewhat decent light had zero effect considering what a gigantic shitbird he's been for so long.

Boku no Hero Academia

Uh Oh... wonder what will happen next seeing as he failed the hero license exam

I wonder if the future classes will split up or if he has to do some extra lessons

Eh that last minute attempt to paint Acacia in a somewhat decent light had zero effect considering what a gigantic shitbird he's been for so long.

but that was the whole point of Acacia's mission

if he made you despise him to now end he basically won

but I agree that they didn't flesh out Acacia too much on the sympathetic side

at least in this arc since people while forget all the other Acacia flashbacks we got during the Human world arcs

upandaway

Hero Academia

Mineta :lol that guy. Guessing everyone passed from the class except for you know who. Bakugou was really low profile this exam.

Didn't expect any less from this manga to not pass those two, they obviously didn't deserve it. And the fire wall didn't really impress me anyway, it means nothing to only remember to work together after the fact. Deku still the best.

bobohoro

Boku No Hero Academia 113

They didn't deserve to pass. While Deku managed to step up his game after an initial struggle, both of them were a hazard to themselves and the operation for way too long. There was no helping it, even with an impressive finish, while most of the others managed to present lower key but way more stable efforts.
Camouflage Tsuyu was a nice surprise.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My Hero Academia

....Mineta passed

what does he even have for combat abilities

Boku No Hero Academia 113

They didn't deserve to pass. While Deku managed to step up his game after an initial struggle, both of them were a hazard to themselves and the operation for way too long. There was no helping it, even with an impressive finish, while most of the others managed to present lower key but way more stable efforts.
Camouflage Tsuyu was a nice surprise.

As I said in the my hero thread, the scoring was a deduction from full style system, so the impressive end probably didn't help at all because they'd likely already fallen below the passing threshold at that point. All it did was stop them from hemorrhaging more points, but didn't contribute to passing since they'd already failed

Yknow, is one of the things that i love most about Oda. Even when doing fan requests for as long as he has, dude still draws those things like they're filled with endless love for his work.

Same goes for the splash pages.

Because I think he does still have endless love and passion for his work, it's why he works so damn hard and only takes breaks when the editors go "no dude you need to take this week off".

I just find a lot of Toriko's attempts at...well, anything to be really bad because the mangaka seems to like...cut out everything it took to get to those points. For some reason since the Komatsu kidnapping arc he just seems to go "The best way to get from Point A to Point C in this story is to bypass it completely and go to Point F" Like I actually really like (or liked Toriko) because the art was fun, the world was amazing and the monsters were silly and the fights were great. I honestly don't think those words have been true though for like...fuck, when did I start not clicking with Toriko? Like maybe midway through the Gourmet World arc.

I just find a lot of Toriko's attempts at...well, anything to be really bad because the mangaka seems to like...cut out everything it took to get to those points. For some reason since the Komatsu kidnapping arc he just seems to go "The best way to get from Point A to Point C in this story is to bypass it completely and go to Point F" Like I actually really like (or liked Toriko) because the art was fun, the world was amazing and the monsters were silly and the fights were great. I honestly don't think those words have been true though for like...fuck, when did I start not clicking with Toriko? Like maybe midway through the Gourmet World arc.

Toriko really just had one great arc and then has existed in some form or another until it got forced to end early. That's pretty much the common consensus at least that I've seen looking around the interwebs and my own personal feelings on it.

It's certainly pretty though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom