• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch12

Good thing she's the same as ever.

oTFno3H.png

A perfectly noble and understandable desire!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Kaguya wants to be confessed 39

Ishigami has learned from Big Boss himself the tactics of surprising everyone.

Kaguya wants to be confessed 40

How to find a reason to live:
"Breathing is fun."

bobohoro

I started reading the first chapter before realizing that the art style was familiar. Checked the author and saw that it was the mangaka of Aki-Sora. I'm noping off of this train.

Oh, that's why!
By I'm already knee-deep, might as well...although I will regret it, won't I?

Uwakoi 8

Well, that escalated quickly.
By the time this is done, he'll be doing it with half his class, huh?

Oh my. It's happening!

Brilliant idea. What could ever go wrong?

Now i get it. I'm laughing. This shit's hilarious.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
shokugeki no soma 189

Yeah, Soma's got this. After everything that happened, he had to win this anyway.

But more importantly, I want that suit that Nakiri has. I mean not only did it explode off his body, but its back together in the next panel, only to come off again later.
It's an illusion.

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro 12

This is going on my "Best New Manga Reccomendations" List.

The humor in this is just so on point. When she says where Miyamo is and the next panel is just that DBZ style line explosion, holy shit.

Kumo desu ga, nani ka? 12-2

This chapter numbering system is stupid. I'd probably recommend this manga just for a really unique spin on the "trapped in a fantasy world" since the main character is a mob trash spider.

Good job Appraisal-san. She certainly has a ridiculously broken speed skill though, Jesus. And that unappraisable one isn't a Chekov's Gun or anything. I really like the way that even knowing what spells she has know she still has no idea how to actually cast the damn things. Decapitation Thread is certainly a great addition though.

The strength of this manga is the slow and gradual progression of her figuring things out and learning her abilities while slowly getting stronger.

Clockwork Planet 26

All the politics stuff was boring and obvious and the EMP wrecking everything was nice just for more MC bad-ass moments but I'm getting a little tired of Marie always breaking at the drop of a hat only for the MC to kick her in the ass to do something. His "Imma kill these fuckers" was pretty great tho. Also makes sense that Anchor as a weapon would have some sort of failsafe for an EMP.

Black Clover Whatever

The reason Black Cover is so popular is because it doesn't try to be anything other than stupid shonen, and sometimes that's enough. It's characters are one personality trait with a magical ability, the fights last like 4 or 5 chapters, it's plot is simple and drama resolves in like...2 chapters. It's not up it's own ass or trying to punch outside it's weight like some other shonen I could name. It reminds me of...FUCK, I always forget the name of this samurai manga that was a really popular shonen that lasted like...120 or something chapters because the guy writing it was like "Nah, that's all I needed to tell it" and every fight took maybe 4 chapters and ended in the loser dying. It set out to be what it was and it never strayed.

This is going to kill me, I reference that stupid manga all the time.

Tejina Senpai 34

Street Performing is amazing~

JulianImp

Uwakoi... heh. I was guessing the plot would sail off into the sunset on a nice boat before dropping it very early on, and it seems I was right.

Also, WTF at Usagi Drop having a time skip that led into the girl getting married to her adoptive father, and that being fine because hey, they aren't related by blood! That's just brilliant...

Seriously, what's Japan's thing with "we grew up together as family but it looks like we weren't actually related by blood, so let's marry"? It honestly sounds like the absurd kind of thing you'd only find in hentai series.

JulianImp

I think Aki-Sora was kind of interesting though, since I remember it was about unhealthy and unfulfilling relationships that didn't end up turning into a yandere bloodbath... but I guess it evens things out with having the young boy MC fall in love with his older sisteras the main premise of the whole story, taking it back into creepy territory.

Not as bad as when they actually are related.

Which happens...almost as often.

But does it happen commonly in non-hentai/ecchi series? I mean, it was like the crap of having Kirito's brocon sister actually be his cousin or something, while I'd rather have the autors leave incest routes (even if they're just for comedy or side plots) out of mainstream shows unless they're willing to tackle them in a sensible way and not just using them to pander to people with that fetish.

kasane

Watchu talking about guys. Uwakoi is a literally masterpiece. A work of fiction in which every erotic romance manga/novel would be compared too. It expresses love and lust unlike no other. Explores the inner depth of the human psyche whilte being eloquent in every step of the way,

Im obviously kidding. This shit was hilarious

JulianImp

The brother/sister stuff not nearly as often as cousins. Cousins fuck all the time in manga. Well, if any fucking actually happened in manga.

What I mean is when a non-ecchi series throws in a sibling or cousin who becomes a love interest of the MC, or where some sexual tension is developed between them... but then again, I guess that's something mostly prevalent in harem series, where the whole point of the story is presenting all possible romantic stereotypes as valid options for the MC.

...Or Oreimo, but that's a LN, so I guess I won't talk about it here (I actually liked it when Kuroneko almost managed to hijack the plot halfway through the anime).

Yeah, I read a lot of harem or romance stuff and there's always some cousin crushing on the MC. Ecchi series a hell of a lot of the time.

Ya got stuff like Kaze no Stigma, Sankarea, Elfen Lied, SAO, Ikki Tousen, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Fruits Basket...that's just shit off the top of my head.

Lain

Uwakoi... heh. I was guessing the plot would sail off into the sunset on a nice boat before dropping it very early on, and it seems I was right.

Also, WTF at Usagi Drop having a time skip that led into the girl getting married to her adoptive father, and that being fine because hey, they aren't related by blood! That's just brilliant...

Seriously, what's Japan's thing with "we grew up together as family but it looks like we weren't actually related by blood, so let's marry"? It honestly sounds like the absurd kind of thing you'd only find in hentai series.

Usagi Drop is more "we grew up as family and I don't want us to separate, I care about you and you care about me, let's marry so we can keep living together as family".
While I understand it's not the greatest ending, the romanticism in that ending, after the main ship sailed, is undeniable.
Plus, old fart with young girl was a theme of the manga from the start.

Girls of the Wilds End

Wow. Just wow. 5 years of build up and this is the best you can do. Also Japan? Really? Fucking Japan? You made this massive deal about how Queen was gonna leave Korea and she was IN FUCKING JAPAN WHICH IS BASICALLY NEXT DOOR. Also "man I keep doing this thing where I see someone speaking korean that looks like Jaegu from behind" how many times that would actually happen, holy fucking shit seek medical help because your eyes must be fucked.

Most series at least have the excuse of being cancelled for a shite ending. This is just aggravating. Fucking Kenichi had a better closure and that was just a fucking photo that didn't show people's faces.

Lain

Finally today was the day for the Italian manga publishers to have their announcements at Lucca Comics and Games 2016 and as I look through the list, I can't help but be happy.

Rocky Joe Perfect Editions and Lum Perfect Color Edition.
Umimachi Diary.

Nami yo Kiitekure yes!!! I wanted to read this.

Love, Be Loved, Leave, Be Left I like Io Sakisaka's works.
Love is Like after the Rain
Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction YES!
Murcielago (so maybe I won't have to import from USA)
Platinum End (just as I imported the first volume gah)
Arte
Detonation Island will get the last two volumes published FUCK YES!
My Hero Academia Smash
Vanitas no Carte, I liked Pandora Hearts, I'll take it.
Levius/est
Fire Punch
One Piece Party
Bungo Stray Dogs
Fire Force
Other stuff announced too, like Dragon Ball Super, Your Lie in April, Real Account, Detective Conan stuff and some Kodansha stuff saved (Detonation Island getting finished, Noragami getting restarted obviously after I bridged the gap importing the USA edition, Sailor Moon getting a Perfect Edition.

Panini, the publisher of Nana to Kaoru in Germany, seems to think about publishing it in Italy too from time to time think... why don't they do it already!?
They like Mob Psycho 100, but the art is too discouraging so nothing for now.

Kengan Asura 39

Man, they NAILED the American. I say that stuff all the time! My grill says "Shit!" though.

I eagerly look forward to half of these dudes getting destroyed in like, one hit.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Golden Kamuy ch. 74

This story with the kid whose name basically means boner somehow, some way, turned out kind of endearing? How the hell did that happen lmao. Like his parents are both dead and he proudly kept the awful name they gave him anyway, and what's his face realizes all this and is just like 'yeah kid, that's a great name.' Which kinda got me.

Friend of Asirpa's dad is obviously the one the fortune teller is alluding to.

dani_dc

Jinbe 1

An actual Adachi manga that's not about baseball!
Let's see...

Oh, it's about a girl that's in love with her adoptive father...

FML

Usagi Drop is more "we grew up as family and I don't want us to separate, I care about you and you care about me, let's marry so we can keep living together as family".
While I understand it's not the greatest ending, the romanticism in that ending, after the main ship sailed, is undeniable.
Plus, old fart with young girl was a theme of the manga from the start.

There's a very big difference from "wanting to stay together" and "I want to have your babies".

sasuke_91

There's no denying that Usagi Drop is pretty fucked up. It's always funny though when someone starts reading the manga and goes from "Oh, this manga is so sweet" to "the post time-skip part is pretty weak" to "What the fuck am I reading?" in the span of a few chapters.
We should agree on Usagi Drop being an anime with 11 episodes and no source material.

JulianImp

Meanwhile, manga in Argentina is limited to widely popular series, and is also quite expensive to boot. That's why I was asking around here for manga recommendations while I'm in Japan, because I know I won't be able to get my hands on anything but stuff I've probably already watched once I get back home.

...And all this reminds me I haven't been reading as much Tetsugaku letra due to not riding trains all that much while in Osaka (but hey, walking's free!).

Lain

Glad to see you're okay. It's been a rough year for Italy.

Thanks.

There's a very big difference from "wanting to stay together" and "I want to have your babies".

There is a difference, but then you have to keep in mind the motivations of the characters. Rin wants Daichi to have a family of his own while at the same time being part of that family while Daichi has devoted his whole life to Rin, making it impossible for another woman to get inside it.
This kind of unhealthy relationship brings Rin to want to be the one to give Daichi his own family and Daichi accepts whatever Rin wants to do, as long as she's sure about it and if it makes her happy. That obviously means having children.
It's twisted but it isn't any less romantic in my eyes. Just as it was romantic for Daichi's gramps to make everyone believe Rin was his daughter despite what everyone would then say about him. Self sacrifice which isn't really a sacrifice for the person doing it seems to run into the family.

bobohoro

Uwakoi 25

I don't know what's worse, the pseudointellectual philosophic vomit or the desperate attempts to make all these characters appear somewhat likeable in their absurd hypocrisy.

By now I'm convinced that actually just giving in, doing it with her and then breaking up would solve all issues.

upandaway

Hakumei and Mikochi 6-7

Man, this is so nice. It's a fantasy slice of life in an episodic format, but every single panel really drives home the worldbuilding and that's the real focus (the art and atmosphere is what sells it honestly) and everything feels alive. it's got the upandaway SoL seal of approval.

anyway just wanted to say I'm really into it. I'm reading through it pretty slowly but it's fun every time.

bobohoro

Uwakoi 28

Well then, let's finish this.
Why does it always end up like this indeed, Tamaki you dumbass.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL!

Could also be a random lookalike homeless person that is out to kill you all.
Or propose a harem ending.

OH YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!
Tell me she is saving him from an incoming fastball from off panel.

Everyone seems happy enough now. But there are still 4 chapters so it won't end like this, huh?

What a twist. Who could have known that the mentally unstable club president of the orgy asylum would use the records of their group sex for this.
And everyone trusted her! Shocking.
At least one of them is free of this suffering now.

Oh yeah. Brilliant. It was roughly two chapters that he forgot the solution to all his problems.
Never once realising that it probably was also the cause.

Where's Yuno at by the way?
And Kaori ending it all by throwing a lollipop into a river. The ultimate sacrifice.
I think?
And if Tamaki dies by the hands of disgruntled husband of pregnant glasses girl, I'll be kinda let down.

upandaway

Riko and Haru and the Iruka Hot Springs 17

I only got a hot footbath once when I had physiotherapy and it was super comfy. I didn't even make the connection but it totally makes sense in a hot springs inn. I feel silly for not thinking about that, could have made millions.

I can somewhat remember who most of the characters are except for glasses girl, no clue who that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom