• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Finally, Innocent Rouge announced as licensed in Italy, so I can sleep easy.
Also Shounen Shoujo, Stravaganza, Dagashi Kashi, Himegoto, Rikudo, Genso Gyneaccuracy (more Samura is always cool), Hoshi Mamoru Inu, The Hero is Dead!, Taboo Tatoo (this could have been skipped), reconfirmation of Dungeon Meshi and some oldies (even Mach Go Go Go).
Lots of nice things announced, now to see when they'll come out.

Ray Down

Banned
CwKCj3SWgAASInE.jpg

Gintama is now the 3rd longest running series in the magazine with Kochikame and Bleach ending.

Also OP and HxH are the only manga's from the 90's still running in WSJ.

Trash. 1

Interesting, its the usual high school undercover plot but in this case, its two legendary assassin gals called Bullet(Rushia) and Francesca(Marin), who also work for a mafia boss that's also in highschool. One uses a gun and the other some sort of retractable pickaxe. Art's pretty nice and also quite detailed, especially with the gore and bloodspreads. Definitely reading more of this.

What is likeable about that design?

The absurdly short miniskirt paired with thigh-high stockings to make the same old "absolute territory"?

The crop top to ensure more skin is exposed on the extremely tiny waist bent ridiculously?

The usual "huge boobs on thin girl" staple of fanservice design?

I remember there was once a post from somebody who was like "WOW check out this awesome female character!!!!" and then he posted a spread of a girl riding a tiger...in a bikini.

I really shouldn't be surprised that there has to be an explanation for why the design you posted may be unlikable, but I am.

I had to look up what absolute territory meant, had no idea there was a term for that.

Anyways, I kinda get what you mean, all pretty valid points(except I think she's wearing short pants instead of a skirt, your point still stands though) but the reason I mainly like her design is mostly due to how it contrasts Kagyuu's design and also I like the dot motif that she has going on for her. And her hairstyle looks neat too. And yeah, the big boobs on thin girl is an annoying design but you get used to it, its Japan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I just dig Marble's overall China inspired look, plus she's pretty badass.

xugkUwJ.png

Thats just my 2 cents at least.

Trash. 1

Interesting, its the usual high school undercover plot but in this case, its two legendary assassin gals called Bullet(Rushia) and Francesca(Marin), who also work for a mafia boss that's also in highschool. One uses a gun and the other some sort of retractable pickaxe. Art's pretty nice and also quite detailed, especially with the gore and bloodspreads. Definitely reading more of this.

i read it. it sinks a lot into "OW THE EDGE" for Edgyness sake. like A LOT.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
The bigger outrage should be you got a cowboy themed husband and wife are allowing their 7 year old daughter to be out on the battlefield.

upandaway

New Game 40

Drunk Aoba is pretty good. Looking forward to seeing more of that later on. Hifumi definitely didn't take that very well.

Wiseblade

Haikyuu (the last 5 chapters)

So I've settled into a rhythm of binging on Haikyuu once a month. These last few chapters were cool, showing the team going through new growing pains, but nothing quite as drastic as last time. It's cool seeing the seeds of Hinata thinking more. They've been peppered throughout, but observing the first year camp really pushed that forward.

I do wish more of the bench got developed, subbing should be more common, especially if 5-set matches are going to become a regular thing.

Ippo

Everything about this Punch Drunk arc angers me to no end. This manga has been running for close to 30 years, stop pretending like Ippo's career could actually end due to injury.

Black Kanojo 4
Amamiya-san is currently unavailable, please leave your message after the BEEEP. Chapter read awkwardly in places, but then I've come to expect that from whichever of the author or translator is at fault. Not sure whether the new crying girl's collar belongs on a pet, on the MC or on herself.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 37

Rare footage of a romcom MC being forced into a shameful predicament and not being automatically lynched for it. More Oboro screen time is a positive development, having Hibari as the other transfer student would be the icing on the icing.

I just want the manga to end, I think I was ready for it one years ago now. :(

The funny thing is, I think people kinda got into their own heads with thinking it was going to end as they were like "Oh, looks like it's entering it's final arc" when Dorohedoro never had arcs or anything resembling normal pacing and Q never said shit about it ending. So even when I was like "Oh man, it's coming to a head!" and it just kept going I never cared because it was still awesome.

I hope there's Dorohedoro merch in Japan. I really want something. Like a 12 foot tall Kaiman statue.

Black Kanojo 1-4

Oh hello.

New Yandere manga? New Yandere manga. And oh boy is she Yandere. It's played pretty straight too, she's a fucking psycho. People said this was edgy but nah, it's just messed up.

Good Night World 42

Every time I forget, this manga reminds me it's by the Sekai Oni mangaka. God, this mangaka is really really good at messed up family dynamics and screwed up people. The dad being fucking ripped and still looking like himself is still hilarious, but damn...his wife just couldn't deal with the daughter's death and the dad just blames himself and wants them to forgive him. Meanwhile the son fucking stabs him in the back and gets bitch-slapped for his trouble.

Still think the assistant is sleeping with the dad tho.

Ninkoi - Karenbo Hichou 10

Fire girl still best girl so this chapter was nice. Also tits and whatever. Rare that straight up ecchi series like this exist anymore, most try to pretend to be more than they are.

And yeah, trash. is trash. That's like...the point. It's pulpy awful garbage. Which can be entertaining every now and again.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 233

That page of Meiko standing up after climbing Mount Andre, with everyone clinging on to her, was pretty good.

Kind of enjoyed this chapter, minus Kate at the end threatening to stall this shit out some more.

Haikyuu (the last 5 chapters)

So I've settled into a rhythm of binging on Haikyuu once a month. These last few chapters were cool, showing the team going through new growing pains, but nothing quite as drastic as last time. It's cool seeing the seeds of Hinata thinking more. They've been peppered throughout, but observing the first year camp really pushed that forward.

I do wish more of the bench got developed, subbing should be more common, especially if 5-set matches are going to become a regular thing.

Kinoshita, Ennoshita, and Narita seem like theyd get developed whenever we get to the 2nd year of HQ and the third years go away. Suga could get more playtime honestly, and I think Yams could as well. Though I guess its the nature of being a "pinch" player.

Jun is such a coward, I hope the end of the 4koma is just all three of the girls sexing each other in front of Jun after deciding he's such a loser.

Considering the doujins the author's done, this may not be a longshot.

Taruranto

Yona 51

Eh, I don't know. I'm enjoying the manga itself, the humor is surprisingly good, the characters are fun and have good chemistry, the pirate arc was very solid... but I'm not really feeling Yona character anymore, I really liked her in the beginning, but she's starting to feel a bit too sue-ish and idealized.

Jump Issue 49 Rankings

Black Clover (Cover, Lead CP)
1. Haikyuu!!
2. One Piece
3. Hinomaru Sumo
Amalgam of Distortion
My Hero Academia (CP)
4. The Promised Neverland
Spring Weapon #1
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (CP)
5. Toriko
6. World Trigger
7. Ghost Tits
8. Blade of Demon Destruction
9. Samon the Summoner
10. Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
11. Shokugeki no Soma
12. Gintama
13. Red Sprite
14. Love Rush!
Chronicle of Isobe: The Life is Hard

Yeah, Red Sprite ain't living and Love Rush the axe was obvious as hell with the last two chapters.

Preview
Weekly Shonen Jump #50
Cover, Lead CP:Shokugeki no Souma
CP: Hinomaru Sumo, Ghost Tits, Himitsu Kessha D Tai Phantom Sentouin Entarou (One Shot by Monri Kei)
Toriko 31 pages

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
What the hell is ghost tits?

Hit new sensation that's sweeping the nation I hope! For real though, I have seen enough B horror nonsense to recognize the title of a bad thing from a mile away and i am excited by the sheer concept of this. Could it be about a ghost with large mammaries? Could it be some youthful lad going "Ghosts are the tits!" Could it be two parallel stories about ghosts and tits that never meet until a clever way at the end? Who knows but I'm sure it'll be terrible!

Edit: aaaaaaaaaaaah poo. I was really excited for the future of Ghost Tit volumes in my local BooksAMillion

Arabesque

Yona 51
Eh, I don't know. I'm enjoying the manga itself, the humor is surprisingly good, the characters are fun and have good chemistry, the pirate arc was very solid... but I'm not really feeling Yona character anymore, I really liked her in the beginning, but she's starting to feel a bit too sue-ish and idealized.

I think it's part of the trappings of a shojo main lead (who is a princess to boot) surrounded by a hot potential harem of men on journey where they are destined to protect and serve her that give shades of sue-ness to the whole thing. But I felt that as the story went on, she lost a lot of that and it became much better overall in terms of interactions between her and them.

For Yona herself, her character arc does require her to "toughen up" much early on in order to be able to recruit and fight back, so her being idealised is more so of people admiring her wanting to still fight despite everything that happened and how sheltered she used to be. Her discovering her charismatic charm, I guess.

Her dealing with Soo Woon is when I usually find her most interesting, to be honest.

According to leaks from Jump, Toriko is ending in 2 chapters.

Ending at issue 50 or 51.

Not as disastrous as Kubo, but not as smooth as Komi had done. Shimabukuro at least knew time was up in a year, and fast forwarded to the final conclusion at least, his falling is that the story he had didn't allow for such a fast pacing for so long.

It's a bit sad to see it come to an end in this manner, but on the other hand it was obvious for the last year and half that the manga got into hyper speed to finish on time.

Maybe Toriko (the manga) might have had more success in a different time, but that is in and of itself the fault of Shimabukuro himself to not being there at the time.

Dang. Anything in these leaks about HxH coming back?

If HxH was comi back, it would be the news of the day here lol

I liked the Komi one-shot. I'm ready for his glorious return to Jump and the accompanying reaction faces

*high five*

I want Komi to take what he learned from drawing Nisekoi and do another fantasy series this time. Hopefully we can get to see again his older stuff with his new artistic skills now.

Please don't cancel Soma, Jump assholes.

Thanks.

Soma still has at the, very worst, 2 more years before we could seriously consider it getting axed.

And as for the poor reception for this arc and recent development, well, I guess that the author decides how he wants to story to go.

The audience doesn't have to like it.

G.ZZZ

Toriko ending mean me officially not reading anything anymore. It's been like 20 years since i was always reading something and now Toriko was the only thing i still enjoyed and read regularly. It's gonna be sad, but that's what it mean to get older i guess.

Omnicent

Tomo 457
Either someone forgot to add Jun's pupils or he is going through one of those inner crisis.
Just let it all go Jun... let gooooooo.

Also I need some inner monologues

StayDead

Okusama ga Seitokaichou! vol. 1

Yeah, thanks for recommending this to me. It's pretty awesome. Yeah it's shallow, but it knows what it's serving out and it does it in a great way. The characters are genuinely quite funny as well. I really like Misumi so far.

My Hero Academia
Kind of surprised Bakugo failed with no fanfare, but I guess it makes sense since he was always shit at rescueing others (He was the only one to get no rescue points and pass on the UA entrance exam for example, despite getting the highest score overall)

upandaway

Hero Academia

Wow that's crazy. I wonder where the real girl is then. Man she is so creepy.

And yeah Bakugou not passing, what. I thought he had it locked because of how much of it was off screen for him. They didn't even show his grades sheet either, how am I supposed to be satisfied with that.
Sure he never rescued anyone in the UA exam but dunno, I still expected him to be able to pull it off when it was the express purpose of the exam. Crazy.
But oh well, they still both got off easy thanks to being able to retake the exam.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia 114
Wow that's crazy. I wonder where the real girl is then. Man she is so creepy.
She's dead. Toga isn't going to leave their vicitim alive, and since the VA wasn't involved, she wasn't kidnapped.

But oh well, they still both got off easy thanks to being able to retake the exam.
They'll have to wait almost a year to retake the exam, though.

Anyway yeah, whoa, what a chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom