• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shitto na Watashi to Shikku na Aitsu (one-shot)

jdNEVaI.png

Tags: Yuri, Horror,
Supernatural
. They say you can tell a lot about someone from their eyes, and those were clearly not the eyes of a sane person. Winner of the November 2016 award for WHY IS THIS ONLY A ONE-SHOT AAARRRRGGGHH. It's the kind of manga that I'd read and love just by virtue of the premise, regardless of how unremarkable the execution was. Well, thank you for existing, however briefly.

Zweizer

Banned
I Am a Hero ch241

Gotta say, his plot armor is pretty impressive.

Nana to Kaoru ch155

Everything seems to be wrapped up for the ending next chapter. I can only hope Tachi will get a satisfying conclusion as well.

Zweizer

Banned
Shitto na Watashi to Shikku na Aitsu (One-shot) by Hayashi Yuuichi

A short story on how to bring a bit of spice into the life of a bored girl, with yuri love!

For humanity's sake I hope it might get a proper serialization in the future considering its potential.

Ascheroth

Uratarou 1-12

I knew it. The dude who does Nejimaki Kagyu has an extremely surreal and exaggerated style that seemed perfect for horror and this manga is totally a horror manga even if it is also a fighto bloody manga. The dude really has an eye for making like...exaggerated grotesque stuff.

Basically a girl who is destined to die in a year is searching for a way to be immortal and follows rumors to find the immortal Kijin who decides to join her in hopes he can find a way to die. So they journey and encounter a lot of folklore-y monsters like Ippon-Datara and Jiangshi and such. A good set up and the characters are funny and charming so it makes the blistering pacing not hurt as much. And holy shit is the pacing fast as fuck. I wish he spent more time with characters but honestly it's entertaining enough that it's not a dealbreaker. The action is good, the comedy is good, the gore is good, the artstyle is good, it's just a good manga.

Also because it's by the author of Nejimaki Kagyu DEM FUCKING HIPS AND THIGHS.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This was indeed a good read.
This guy is so good at drawing unsettling and crazy shit.
Also
Uratarou 13

*reads up to the last page* Oh shit son, this dude is a monster and tearing him apart. How is he going to save-

*flips page*

HA HA HA FUCKING WHAT
This was exactly my rection as well, lol.

Zweizer

Banned
Horimiya ch71

Miyamura could be moving there and pretty much nothing would change.

Dansan Joshi ch25.1-25.2

Boys will be boys, always obsessed with their crotch.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yona of the Dawn ch. 132

So Soo-won's dad was an utter psychopath. Guessing this influenced Yona's dad and his reign as a pacifist king. Sheesh.

Kouren still isn't sympathetic, with all that said.

Golden Kamuy ch. 75

Thought for sure the brother-in-law was going to be the solider sitting down at the end.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shitto na Watashi to Shikku na Aitsu (One-shot) by Hayashi Yuuichi

A short story on how to bring a bit of spice into the life of a bored girl, with yuri love!

For humanity's sake I hope it might get a proper serialization in the future considering its potential.
Yeah, i want more of this. Immortal yuri lover? That's a golden combination there.

Danshan Joshi 25.1-25.2
What a deep profound thinking about penis. Please give this lady a medal for thinking about penis all the time.
dr. Scrotum huehuehue

Golden Kamuy 75

Yes, this is still as good as ever.

Sayonara bye-bye
A tales about recently wed woman and her relationship with her neet brother. Damn good. One thing that really reaonate with me is that the brother hate his brother in law due to political difference on sns

Revo

Prison School 233

That dog is a hero.
Busted my gut on the majestic looking vp page with everyone holding onto her.

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 509

You give me paaaaiiiin...but you bring me pleasure!

Oh yeah, that mom surely will beat her son, who is kinda sexually arousing her.
Fariy Tail 2016, nothing wrong with it...at all.

THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls ~U149~ 1

dnMson7.jpg

The unappreciated juniors of the Cinderella Girls world get their own series, which'll presumably follow the standard iM@S rags to riches formula, with a side order of overblown drama. Character selection isn't terrible, but if the 142 unit is absent due to being too popular (relatively speaking) I'll be displeased. At least there's no Anzu.

World Trigger

Chika will probably shoot people when its not rank wars. No real reason too, and you cant really feel "cornered" in a virtual battle where injury is not on the line.

Food Wars 190
CwriCi5WIAA6Abc.jpg:small

This is the best scene to come from the non sokuga moments. Okay and also liked when Hayama turned around in the empty and Jun-less kitchen. His priorities lost, he now needs the new hope and new goal, which is Yukihira.

Finished. I need some closure.

I'm just kinda perusing my lists of shit randomly at work but 6000 might be up your alley. Horror manga about researchers trapped in a facility 6000 meters deep in the ocean when shit starts going wrong.

Molester Man and Onani Master Kurosawa are always good recommendations too.

Promised Neverland 14

A bit amazed Rays been spying since he was six or so. Though I wish we knew what his ultimate plan was. I thought hed rather just flee with Norman, but it almost feels like he wants to flee with a bit more. Why develop a multiyear plan just for a few. I do want them to abandon the babies and others, they will be a burden assuming its high stakes fleeing or else many will be caught.

The writer is easily making Ray and Norman the more compelling parts of the manga, so much so that I dont see what Emmas role and importance is any more.

Owari No Serafu 51

Will Guren arrive at Osaka just as Yuu and crew are leaving?

Im hoping we do see Yoichi and Lacus have a fight or such and if he'd really try to torture Lacus. Considering how he's grow, Yoichi could probably win. Though I think Yuu would stop him from doing anything too drastic.

Owari no Seraph 51

Hah, nice. I remember thinking Yoichi's extreme doormat personality was what helped him master his demon bow so quickly, but now it ends up that he's just as twisted. That look on his face when he was watching the torture too, I look forward to seeing where his character goes.

World Trigger 164

Would be interesting to see when Chika actually shoots, but probably not anytime soon, unless there's another mini-invasion. Or maybe they can get Hyuse to pretend and act like a traitor or something. I'm curious about Osamu's bad feeling, since there's really nothing that seems out of place, and they do have their trump card in Hyuse as well.

Lum1n3s

Prison School is one of those mangas I didn't think I'd be into but I fell in love with it as soon as I finished the first omnibus volume. Really looking forward to volume 5 this month!!! Hina is a total babe :3

Fairy Tail 462.5

Fairy Tail characters get drunk on a Christmas Eve party and play the king's game.

Nakedness, butt slapping and hot wax ensues.

I'm not making this up.

Fbh

Promised Neverland 14

The writer is easily making Ray and Norman the more compelling parts of the manga, so much so that I dont see what Emmas role and importance is any more.

Yeah.
It's weird because Emma seems to be the focus point of most of the promotional material for the manga, always appearing in the middle and as a central figure.

But she is without a doubt the least interesting or relevant character of the 3.
Norman is the mastermind behind the escape and now we know Ray is the key for it to work.
And Emma is just... There. So far her only role in the story is demanding everyone escapes together

Fairy Tail 462.5

Fairy Tail characters get drunk on a Christmas Eve party and play the king's game.

Nakedness, butt slapping and hot wax ensues.

I'm not making this up.

The latest enemy in the manga literally has the power of orgasms and "pleasure" tentacles made of light.
Of course you aren't making that up

Yeah.
It's weird because Emma seems to be the focus point of most of the promotional material for the manga, always appearing in the middle and as a central figure.

But she is without a doubt the least interesting or relevant character of the 3.
Norman is the mastermind behind the escape and now we know Ray is the key for it to work.
And Emma is just... There. So far her only role in the story is demanding everyone escapes together

Emma is the ideal.

She's the cute little dreamer that Ray and Norman are willing to get underhanded and dirty to ensure stays innocent. Whether that will change in the future, we'll see. But for now she's supposed to be a bit removed from the real gritty stuff, I think.

upandaway

Promised Neverland 14

Ray honestly rose up to Norman's level and then a bit more. I would have liked a reasonable reason for how he found out to begin with but I guess it's fine. Norman really has to step it up now. Now it feels like those two are equal when it felt like Norman was edging him out before.

All the pieces are clicking really well right now, I didn't expect the spy situation to make so much sense. Everyone's operating on a mix of feelings and logic (including Mama) which is really satisfying. Ray's reveal was great and his actions make sense not just from a logical level.

I do feel like Ray is still not doing as well as he thinks he is. Mama has to suspect by now that he's not going to be on her site as she sends him to his death (even if his feelings were 100% with her for 6 years they could always change as he grows up), and from what we know she's not doing anything as a safeguard from him, when she probably does.

About Emma she's definitely taking a back seat this arc, she's a motivator for the others' actions, but I really doubt it'll stay that way.

The latest enemy in the manga literally has the power of orgasms and "pleasure" tentacles made of light.
Of course you aren't making that up
Now you are yanking my chain !
of course I believe you

Fairy Tail 489.5
Ok this is actually pretty funny.
Penis jokes always are

Ray Down

Banned
Honestly I got to ask, does Hiro even have an editor?

Like is he tied up in Hiro closet so he can go plum crazy stupid with this shit?

Taruranto

Yu Yu Hasuko 30

Maybe it's because of HxH, maybe it's because I read nothing but good thing about it, but quite honestly this is not doing it for me. The fights are boring, the characters aren't impressive and everything about Keiko is zzzz.

Does it get better or it's one of these things that "you had to be there"?

Yu Yu Hasuko 30

Maybe it's because of HxH, maybe it's because I read nothing but good thing about it, but quite honestly this is not doing it for me. The fights are boring, the characters aren't impressive and everything about Keiko is zzzz.

YYH is pretty terrible and it never really gets better. The only reason I remember the series fondly is because the anime is godlike and a big part of my childhood.

Promised Neverland 14
Yeah.

About Emma she's definitely taking a back seat this arc, she's a motivator for the others' actions, but I really doubt it'll stay that way.

Emma is the ideal.

She's the cute little dreamer that Ray and Norman are willing to get underhanded and dirty to ensure stays innocent. Whether that will change in the future, we'll see. But for now she's supposed to be a bit removed from the real gritty stuff, I think.
In this game of chess, Emma is the white king.

Yu Yu Hasuko 30

YYH is pretty terrible and it never really gets better. The only reason I remember the series fondly is because the anime is godlike and a big part of my childhood.

Yarp. YYH is an average battle manga with considerably above average art. Doesn't help that the writer spent, like, 20 chapters exploring a pretty poor ghost detective angle.

I'd suggest skipping chapters until the tournament with the toguro brothers show up. You already know who the 4 main characters are, so you should have no problem there. If you dont like those fights, drop the book.

Yu Yu Hakusho is the only shounen I can think of where the tournament arc is the only thing that really holds up, and that's mostly because of the anime.

stuff like the four saint beasts arc? blegh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom