• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say yes as the mangaka draws the best action scenes to paper in manga today.

Just...y'know. Steel yourself for labias. If almost hentai levels of nudity are bad news bears for you then no it is not worth it.

Like others've said, it's way above and beyond stuff like Prison School or TLR Darkness. Heck, there's enough hentai out there that is tame in comparison to Tsugumomo, and the presented material can make anyone feel uncomfortable really fast.

That said, it still has some of the best action scenes of modern manga, a likeable cast (if you ignore most of the sexual harassment, which can be rather impossible) and a surprsingly good and emotional story at times. And the closing words of the mangaka are straight up hilarious...or disturbing. Try it, the manga doesn't really hide its true colors, so you'll see what you're in for really fast and can bail out in the beginning.

christ you guys weren't joking

I was admiring the great action scenes and it only took 2 volumes for me to reach a full screen picture of some naked little girl (or someone who has the appearance of one) lmao

CDiggity

Ippo 1158

Fun bowling fact, switching hands in the same match is an illegal move in professional leagues.

Attack on Titan 87

I would imagine this would hit me harder if I cared about these characters more. It doesn't help that I'm being bludgeoned with the "Humans are the real scary monsters" idea.

You guys are making me feel like a monster for being unfazed by the shit in Tsugumomo lol

Then again me being completely indifferent to the fanservice is a good thing, I guess.

Cwarrior

The problem with Ippo is that it actually looked like Ippo would start being the main concentration of good storylines again because that Rodriguez fight was one of the best fights of the manga hands down after YEARS of shitty Ippo fights with only Takamura to keep us afloat and now they're drawing this punch drunk shit out too much and oh yeah Itagaki is still in the manga which automatically makes every chapter with him in it the worst.

Everyone reads ippo for akoi fights anyways, some times your lucky enough to get a takamura,sendo or other more interesting boxers fights.

christ you guys weren't joking

I was admiring the great action scenes and it only took 2 volumes for me to reach a full screen picture of some naked little girl (or someone who has the appearance of one) lmao

Yeah, when it comes to Tsugumomo I really don't exaggerate. People are always like "I've seen fan-service before" and then get to a chapter with vagina spreading and are like "........"

You guys are making me feel like a monster for being unfazed by the shit in Tsugumomo lol

Then again me being completely indifferent to the fanservice is a good thing, I guess.

Hey, at least you don't like it, right?

Yeah. I just ignore it and focus on the good things the manga has to offer.

I mean, I love the manga so I obviously am rather indifferent to it myself but at the same time I recognize how incredible problematic or disgusting it could be for others who have built up less tolerance than I. I mean, I fucking love No Game No Life but I'd be silly to recommend it and expect most people to not be completely turned off by the loli fan-service.

Everyone reads ippo for akoi fights anyways, some times your lucky enough to get a takamura,sendo or other more interesting boxers fights.

Yo dude, that Rodriguez fight was dope af. Ippo had a lot of great fights until we hit the Woli/Deep Sea Diver/gimmick bullshit. Then you had Randyboy/Murata which was ATROCIOUS and the manga's only saving grace was Takamura. So getting another really good Ippo fight was an optimistic thing for me til all this punch drunk shit.

Keyman 52

DAMN YOUR INEVITABLE BETRAYAL AARON!

We full Bloodborne now.

Zweizer

Banned
Hi Score Girl ch35

And that's that. It was a pretty intense fight, though I'd say Yaguchi hasn't grown that much.

Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu ch37

Bocchi takes another steps toward becoming evryone's friend~

Mitsuboshi Colors ch16

e0N7dRb.png

Kids these day are scary.

Very uplifting chapter after the election results !

the owl turned into the same titan as erin..so he is going to lets erin's dad eat him ? why would he sacrifice himself?

Nanashi no Asterism 3
Brush brush, blush blush. I figured the trio's conclusion would be to give glasses guy a shot, even if it wasn't for the right reasons. After meeting Tsukasa's brother, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the cause of her suitor's crush.
His existence also explains why that particular group picked this manga up.

Cover/Lead CP: Shokugeki no Soma (4th Anniversary)
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!!
Hinomaru Zumou (Color Page)
Samon the Summoner
Amalgam of Distortion
Toriko (31p)
Yuuna of Yuragi Manor (Color Page)
Black Clover
Gintama
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Spring Weapon No. 01
Himitsu Kessha D Tai Phantom Sentouin Entarou (One Shot by Monri Kei - Color Page)
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
The Promised Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Oneshot (World Trigger absent filler)
Red Sprite
Love Rush (END)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Absent: One Piece, World Trigger (Sudden Illness)

Issue 51
Cover/Lead CP: Demon's Plan (NEW series by Yoshimichi Okamoto)
CPs: Boruto, Toriko (END), The Promised Neverland

Issue 52
Cover/Lead CP: Ore Golazo (NEW series by Takamasa Moue) -

bobohoro

Attack on Titan 87

Some nice twists in there. And the little reveal that Erin's mom was eaten by his step-mom (sort of) which he then killed by commanding a horde of Titans to feast on her was rather evil.

Owl will probably get eaten by Erin's dad, the similarity is rather striking in terms of Titan form.

Attack on Titan 87

Man this is really going places, the explanation fits the world and feels earned even if its the cliche "humans are really the evil ones" which has been a theme of the manga for awhile anways.

UQ Holder 130

It seems like this is too early to be end game but we're fighting the final boss and Asuna has shown up to be back up. I suppose we could see Tota win this fight but have more to accomplish to fix the timelines.

Fairy Tail whatever

Blah please stick to one fight this is getting annoying

Red Sprite is still hanging in there! That last chapter did not lead us to think we were going for a premature ending just yet. That ranking is still sad tho.

But man Love rush must really have bombed hard, they don't even have enought chapters for 2 books.

With them adding rwby I wonder how many other series they are ready/capable to add. 1 more maybe? I know Amalgam had a lot of people asking for it and they mentionned it in the podcast too.

Zweizer

Banned
Magan & Danai ch18

#StupidCoupleProblems

Nanashi no Asterism ch3

The little brother is a welcome addition to the cast, and certainly opens up some interesting possibilities concerning Asakura's motives.

Red Sprite is still hanging in there! That last chapter did not lead us to think we were going for a premature ending just yet. That ranking is still sad tho.

But man Love rush must really have bombed hard, they don't even have enought chapters for 2 books.

With them adding rwby I wonder how many other series they are ready/capable to add. 1 more maybe? I know Amalgam had a lot of people asking for it and they mentionned it in the podcast too.

For sure I think Amalgam will replace Toriko as a mainline shonen series. Dunno what they'll do with Love Rush as a replacement since they don't really have any romcoms in Jump viz can reasonably run.

Verelios

Nanashi no Asterism

I usually don't read stories like this unless they're made by Adachi Mitsuru, but when I do they're a mass of schadenfreude and fun. Great opening, and I can see the Drama Train coming in from a mile away.

Sadly this evokes a bit too much of middle school for me, where everything inconsequential is doomsday and my world is ending because of relationship dynamics.

Fbh

Attack on Titan 87
Good chapter with some nice reveals.

Man, as someone who loved this manga and then lost interest over time I'm thrilled that it's back to a point where I'm excited to read the next chapter

For sure I think Amalgam will replace Toriko as a mainline shonen series. Dunno what they'll do with Love Rush as a replacement since they don't really have any romcoms in Jump viz can reasonably run.

It's true that toriko is ending! I forgot about that. Also eventually RWBY will go monthly. I guess they could add two more series. I would really like Amalgam.

Numb

Wolf Guy went to Alaska and took forever to update so dropped it
Is that image supposed to be the thing that ruins Akumetsu?

Numb

Real talk I only read that thing to the end because it had the best heroine design in all of manga. Literal perfection in every sense of the word.

And then the ending happened

now i dont regret not finishing it

I am not gonna argue bout the design

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";223808475]If you don't think Akumetsu is the same sort of author-insert masturbatory revenge fantasy as Wolf Guy you weren't paying attention.[/QUOTE]

Oh I totally got that part now looking back. But at least I was in high school when I went through it and thought it was rebellious and smart and Akumetsu's mask was cool. Like Japanese 'V for Vendetta' I thought.

Post Wolf Guy though I am just repulsed by the association between the two.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Attack on Titan ch. 87

Not gonna lie, even though I just read the last chapter a couple weeks ago I somehow already forgot what Owl's significance even was and had to look that up real quick.

The Smiling Titan being Dina is kinda wild. Wonder how early Isayama had planned that, or if he came around on the idea of connecting the two more recently (more likely, I'm sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom