• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlow

Banned
Toriko chapter was fucking amazing might actually have a better ending than most current shonen manga.

It being rush towards the second half can't be helped due to low sales I believe.

My gripe is a lot of powerful characters either got snubbed too easily and the other 3 kings becoming side characters after the first new wiles boss fight(bambina)

Also neo got powerful way to quickly.

Still enjoyed the ride. The monster and food creativity was GOAT tier and made me hungry reading some chapters

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
fl3SoqS.png
L M A O
M
A
O

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The true OTP is Soma x Opponent. Whoever he's currently fighting is the destined one.

G.ZZZ

Such an amazing group of characters. Thank you Toriko manga for giving us them, even though the main characters went to shit:

N35tFjg.png

Kyuur

Midora

A touching end for our main character.

Just goes to show how shit this became. I really didn't feel anything from the multiple pages of flashback for the actual main characters. I think, in the end, the main cast needed a little more tragedy in their story for a satisfying conclusion. It reached DBZ levels of 'who cares'.

dumbyugi

Shokugeki no Soma 191

I'm sure none of them will stick but it's nice to see that all the characters didn't just breeze through the Elite 10. Hisako is the only real surprise of the three though, I would've expected someone like Marui or Ibusaki. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out there were more losers next chapter. I hope those 2 guys whose names I don't know somehow won though.

Shokugeki no Soma 191

WSJ Cover is accurate

the other two harem girls kicked the bucket....
no one cares about that childhood friend

speaking of which I lol'd when Meat got the defeat but got a sting when it also showed Hisako

shokugeki no soma 191

haha, Shiomi gave Hayama what he deserved.

I don't really get the hate meat gets. Though I will agree she never shows up, so I guess the author doesn't care either. I wonder if the three that didn't make it are going to stay in the manga even though they're out of the school. I am surprised its these three and not any of the unimportant dorm members.

MSMrRound

Toriko

That was really a heck of a chapter. So much closure

Shougeki no Soma

Couldn't really care about
Meat girl
but dammit they had to go for
Hisako? T_T inb4 Soma challenges all the Elite 10 to flip over their expulsion.

still laughing at how Isami totally got the short end of the stick by going up against the #1 though. Forever stay losing

Asked in the anime thread but didn't get a response.
Are there any Mahou shoujo manga(or anime) where the "magical girl" is actually a transformed adult.
Magical Girl Raising Project has me wondering as its kind of an interesting element of that series with a
20 something business woman, a pregnant housewife, a boy

Are there any Mahou shoujo manga(or anime) where the "magical girl" is actually a transformed adult.
Magical Girl Raising Project has me wondering as its kind of an interesting element of that series with a

Mahou Shoujo Pretty Bell

>_>

Zweizer stop lezzing me up

Well, there's Oku-sama wa Mahou Shoujo, which is an anime about a housewife "magical girl". Unfortunately it also encapsulates everything that's bad about pandering shows of the early 2000s.

Children Can't choose their parents

God damn you.

God. Damn. You.

Reread Yotsubata. I've never seen a miserable drunk reading Yotsubata in a bar before.

I have amazingly enough never actually read Yotsuba but I feel like I have seen enough memes of it to fully understand the subtle nuances of the title. Also I keep forgetting it exists.

Iris Zero 36

Yoooooo this was a good ending to this arc. After like...eleven years of hiatus. The problem being solved was great because as was said, he was looking at it from a realm of probabilities and math and the logic of how Irises work but he was never a detective or puzzle solver; he's a people reader and emotion reader. And that's how he solved everything.

That double page spread of asking the probability of the pendant causing her brother's death was really powerful.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
It is the perfect comfy manga in these trying times. Literally such small stakes and a happy ending every time. Fun story to its healing powers, my Jewish friend always rereads chapters whenever something super antisemitic happens near him and it always helps him a bunch. Never makes it okay, but it helps.

Iris Zero 36
Gosh we are finally done with this arc, it literally took two four years to finish.
It's a damn good ending as well, great job author.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Forget-me-not fin.

I've been picking away at Kenji Tsuruta's stuff the past few weeks. Very, very big fan of his art. Love the way he details his environments, and his character designs, like the (admittedly same looking) female leads that carry his stories, are appealing to me. There's a sort of ambiance to some of his pages too. Wandering Island and Memories of Emanon are super pretty, at their best looking they're total knock outs. Even his color pages, like the ones here in Forget-me-not, are great. Can't think of too many manga where the opening color pages aren't loud and jarring as hell, but hey. Dude's just good.

His storytelling doesn't always work for me though. There's a good setup for Forget-me-not - Mariel Imari, a spirited young Italian-Japanese detective, takes jobs hoping to inherit her late father's estate - but none of it adds up to anything. It's even a little confusing at times, as there's only seven chapters to all of this, with no real conclusions. There's clearly more to what happened to Mariel's father, but nothing came of that. Someone named Vecchio is brought up often, but never expanded on. Felt like there was supposed to be more to Beppo in general. Was this axed? It sure feels like it was axed. There's some charm to be found, but it all feels very incomplete.

Don't feel like reading this was a waste of time, as while it isn't quite as clean looking as some of his latter stuff, it still looks nice. Some cool Venice backdrops to gawk at. But yeah, it doesn't go anywhere.

MANUELF

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 191
I guess the other Dorm members got glasses girl and the other 2 new members of the elite 10

Now to see the important side characters result against the second seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom