• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack on Titan ch. 87

Not gonna lie, even though I just read the last chapter a couple weeks ago I somehow already forgot what Owl's significance even was and had to look that up real quick.

The Smiling Titan being Dina is kinda wild. Wonder how early Isayama had planned that, or if he came around on the idea of connecting the two more recently (more likely, I'm sure).

It was probably planned, Eren's father knowing the truth was always planned and that one female Titan was always given waaaay too much screen time for no reason.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";223808475]If you don't think Akumetsu is the same sort of author-insert masturbatory revenge fantasy as Wolf Guy you weren't paying attention.[/QUOTE]

Oh it definitely is, but it was a revenge fantasy that I wanted to see.

Watching a bunch of corrupt politicians get killed? Works for me.

Lain

Tokyo Ghoul volume 14
6Xec.jpg

Got volume 14 of Tokyo Ghoul today (along with the first of re:) and let me say that the end was a pretty fair disappointment. No real explanations that I could enjoy, just some conspiracy and a silly time skip. Oh, sure, I got to see that the mask making dude and the people of the bar were assholes as their facial expressions in previous volumes hinted at but that's not enough. The first volume of re: didn't make things any better.

Okay, so Japan.

Hey Japan.

You have to...

You got a problem.

Like, there's this manga. And it's about a woman with psychic powers who can hear women crying out for help if they're being sexually assaulted and she swings in to like fuck up the molesters or sex traffickers or rapists and shit. Like yo. That's pretty cool. That's a pretty empowering thing or whatever. Woman kicking ass for women. Y'know, neat.

But like...

You couldn't help it.

You just had to be so Japan about it.

You had to make her clothes explode off. And the main gimmick of the manga be slathering every panel in male gaze so even if a girl is being sexually assaulted it's like "Yo check out her sweet fucking tits, am I right broseph mweh heh heh heh" So you like...just show gross dudes raping girls and then she blasts them and is naked and you can see her pubes and the self-insert otaku has to take care of her and I just know down the line she'll get into a rapey situation where she was to be rescued and...

...ugh I just gave myself a headache.

Like Japan. C'mon Japan.

Japan please

Erigu

Attack on Titan ch. 87
[...]
The Smiling Titan being Dina is kinda wild. Wonder how early Isayama had planned that, or if he came around on the idea of connecting the two more recently (more likely, I'm sure).
I think it's hardly a coincidence that Eren only managed to control titans (the Fritz family's ability) when he touched that titan's hand back in volume 12.

Zweizer

Banned
Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch16

Drunk princess is only marginally different from regular princess, in that she's cheerier.

That's the sort of outside the box thinking that makes up her strength!

I Am a Hero ch242

I wonder what'll save him now.

Verelios

Okay, so Japan.

Hey Japan.

You have to...

You got a problem.

Like, there's this manga. And it's about a woman with psychic powers who can hear women crying out for help if they're being sexually assaulted and she swings in to like fuck up the molesters or sex traffickers or rapists and shit. Like yo. That's pretty cool. That's a pretty empowering thing or whatever. Woman kicking ass for women. Y'know, neat.

But like...

You couldn't help it.

You had to make her clothes explode off. And the main gimmick of the manga be slathering every panel in male gaze so even if a girl is being sexually assaulted it's like "Yo check out her sweet fucking tits, am I right broseph mweh heh heh heh" So you like...just show gross dudes raping girls and then she blasts them and is naked and you can see her pubes and the self-insert otaku has to take care of her and I just know down the line she'll get into a rapey situation where she was to be rescued and...

Like Japan. C'mon Japan.

Japan please
I'm crying in laughter because I know the exact manga you're talking about just from that description

But yeah...at least Eighth wonder is upfront about it

Tokyo Ghoul volume 14

Got volume 14 of Tokyo Ghoul today (along with the first of re:) and let me say that the end was a pretty fair disappointment. No real explanations that I could enjoy, just some conspiracy and a silly time skip. Oh, sure, I got to see that the mask making dude and the people of the bar were assholes as their facial expressions in previous volumes hinted at but that's not enough. The first volume of re: didn't make things any better.

Yeah, that was a very lukewarm ending; it totally killed my hype for Re: despite reading it's first few chapters. Maybe I'll continue it when its finished and I hear some good stuff about its ending...

chikyuu no houkago 29

lol, they all voted bonkichi to be the prime minister. Also, interesting development about the four of them. I'm still not sure how this is even going to end. I mean there has to be some reveal at some point that explains everything, and it could very well be a let down and be something dumb.

chikyuu no houkago 29

lol, they all voted bonkichi to be the prime minister. Also, interesting development about the four of them. I'm still not sure how this is even going to end. I mean there has to be some reveal at some point that explains everything, and it could very well be a let down and be something dumb.

Y'know, I think I remember reading a note from the author in one of the earlier chapters that said something to the effect of "It's possible to guess the mystery". Thing is, I don't remember any of the 3 girls showing any signs of being special before this chapter lol

Y'know, I think I remember reading a note from the author in one of the earlier chapters that said something to the effect of "It's possible to guess the mystery". Thing is, I don't remember any of the 3 girls showing any signs of being special before this chapter lol

I've tried to figure it out, but the small hints in previous chapters could be a lot of things.

Arondight

Finally got my copy of Gundam Origins. Probably the nicest manga I've ever had. Beautiful Cover hardback with nice paper quality and quite decent amount of coloured pages. No idea why more manga couldn't have copies like these.

Also starting to realize how much of a pain collecting Berserk will be. Still buying the ones I can but going to be hard to find certain volumes that don't cost so much not to mention getting it to NZ.

Keyman
The Bird Inspector was always been untrustworthy so his backstabbing isn't surprising. Kind of surprised how slow keyman has been progressing since the big events.

I'm not quite enjoying Shingeki no Kyojin either. Owl could be interesting but the way the past is presented along with some pretty stretching coincidences isn't to my liking.

Verelios

so ummm

which is it?
Sad and amused. It's about a Mahou Shoujo otaku and a super powered coworker (who is obviously his love interest) fighting off sexual offenders, getting naked and wearing frilly dresses. 99% sure the author was a h-manga artist...or still is currently.

Not knocking transitions, Soma is a clear example of a great shift.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Okay, so Japan.

Hey Japan.

You have to...

You got a problem.

But like...

You couldn't help it.

Like Japan. C'mon Japan.

Japan please

lol, i know that manga you mentioned. The lewd part is not even that good, so its really a waste of time. I can't even remember the manga title!

Why are you here Sensei!? 1

The sequel to golden times, you know, the one that involve teacher pissing in front of her student.
Just read this if you want lewd stuff. So far, it got nothing on Tsugumomo or TLR darkness, but hey, it's short

Himeiden 1-2

Nisio really love weird names and sociopath character. After an accident that caused 1/3 of human population got killed, our main protag just live like usual without any care, until one day he got recruited into earth extermination group to become hero and fight against earth.
Introducing ridiculous code name such as:
Hacking people to pieces
Looking sideways while driving
Lump of fire
Devil's tongue jelly

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 16

At this point, i think the princess can already be considered the demon castle princess.

Shinriji

chikyuu no houkago 29

I've tried to warn you.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 15
You don't mess with Nodo-sensei. Aye-ayes are a new existence to me (Monkey Ball doesn't count), and yeah, they're not that cute. Looking forward to Jin's incoming interactions with the president, clothed or otherwise.

so ummm

which is it?

Magicalize.

I apologize in advance.

Kengan Asura 40.5

The humor for this manga is pretty on point too. Ohma just getting naked since he has never swam before and Kaede and the other woman's reaction was priceless.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 15

That was surprisingly cute.

The New Gate 22

NEEDS MORE SCHNEE

I only get bothered by this manga when there's a lot of downtime and the world building is done through exposition. Barely anything actually happened this chapter and it's a month between them so it's like "Come oooooooon"

It's My Life 10

Oh ho, so there's something up with the house. That's interesting. Had a couple really good panels of the witch in her dreams too, some sort of reborn great evil like a lot of people were thinking.

Zweizer

Banned
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch15

Well, at least he doesn't discriminate against any particular species.

My Hero Academia ch115

He's an interesting guy.

I watch the anime. Honestly, it's one of the few manga/anime where I feel the anime is better because it just creates this really warm and enjoyable atmosphere and maybe I like the art better in the anime :X

Sesha

Drool, Tears and Snot 395

It's finally over, huh? The ending was really really bad. In the end there was no resolution or proper pay off for Coco, Sunny, Zebra or Star. Only for Toriko and Komatsu. Though, overall it's been a really fun ride, with some of the most creative and unique details and locations I've seen in a mainstream manga. Shame Shimabukuro rushed it. Oh well, not utilizing the full potential of the series is super common and almost expected of a shonen. I probably won't bother with his next manga. Maybe if the premise is equally fun.

Thanks for the meal.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My Hero Academia ch. 115

This chapter's really interesting for a couple of reasons. Twice's backstory itself is cool, yes, but it's also cool because it doesn't read like something from MHA - this is basically something pulled from a more grim superhero comic book.

I'm impressed with Horikoshi's flexibility here.

Boku no Hero Academia 115

Huh? Is this guy a depressed Deadpool with anxiety problems?

Seems like what would happen if he couldn't control all the personalities in his mind.

Like the whole clone civil war stuff lol

As rocky as the ride has been of late, this Toriko chapter is an amazing way to end the series. Though since there's one more chapter I have to wonder what's left for that

As rocky as the ride has been of late, this Toriko chapter is an amazing way to end the series. Though since there's one more chapter I have to wonder what's left for that

likely post timeskip chapter will everyone doing something

maybe even having Toriko exploring some unknown galaxy or Earth itself exploring different galaxies and universes, similar to Gundam 00's ending

that and likely we might see Toriko's kid since shounens love doing that

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki spoilers

goddamn Hisako and Meat failed out

Soma Spoilers

When's the last time
Meat
was even remembered as a fucking character tho? She got relegated to "unimportant, never shows up for anything or matters in any way, let's throw her into a group shot of people watching" character after like 4 chapters. She was never shown any respect or love.

bobohoro

Shokugeki No Soma 191

I think these won't be the last casualities we'll see. They are still going up against the Elite 10 after all.
At least this cheesy battle is over. Hopefully the next one will be better again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

It's out now.

So will this chapter increase rankings now that Hayama is good again, or plummet some more now that Ikumi is expelled?

PK Gaming

Soma Spoilers

When's the last time
Meat
was even remembered as a fucking character tho? She got relegated to "unimportant, never shows up for anything or matters in any way, let's throw her into a group shot of people watching" character after like 4 chapters. She was never shown any respect or love.

Meat is legit my least favorite character in Soma

Literally just a sexualized chunk of meat to be consumed by the reader and she's one of the premier members of the Soma harem. She barely has a character so she's not really fun either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom