• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Sweet Guy

Dude, these girls just want you to put down yo sweet dick
shaq.png
.But that barber tho
full
full
full
full
full

LeleSocho

Banned
I have amazingly enough never actually read Yotsuba but I feel like I have seen enough memes of it to fully understand the subtle nuances of the title. Also I keep forgetting it exists.

It's ok Oni. I haven't read it either

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

I'm sorry, I guess?

Will fix Yotsuba blindspot in the future

Hm5NUzj.png

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I haven't read much of Yotsuba either, though I did at least get through a few chapters.

Maybe if we do the New Year's Backlog Club thing again I'll throw that on my list. Kind of burned out on comedy right now.

Zweizer

Banned
Their Story ch116

Stupid cute couple.

Well, Sun Jing was just stupid in this case.

Okusan ch35

It still bafles me how they still don't have kids.

They'd cut into the time they have for fucking I guess.

Nanashi no Asterism ch4

Well, regardless of his motives, he's a pretty nice guy so far. Now that the big actors are set, I hope we'll get to the bottom of this soon.

Well, there's Oku-sama wa Mahou Shoujo, which is an anime about a housewife "magical girl". Unfortunately it also encapsulates everything that's bad about pandering shows of the early 2000s.
Checked it out and honestly she might as well be a ditzy teenager so far.
Wish Magical Girl Raising Project wasn't waisting such an interesting and apparently pretty unique premise.

Quasar

Well, there's Oku-sama wa Mahou Shoujo, which is an anime about a housewife "magical girl". Unfortunately it also encapsulates everything that's bad about pandering shows of the early 2000s.

I remember really liking that show, probably a first for magical girl shows. The whole idea of the aging magical girl and what happens.

Nanashi no Asterism 4
Seems like everyone in this manga is disguising something, with varying degrees of competency. There's a small part of me (approx 0.52%) that wants Mikage to fall for glasses guy, because then we'll have the hilarious prospect of Nadeshiko → Mikage → Asakura → Subaru → Tsukasa → Nadeshiko → etc.

dramatis

You know, it's been almost four years since I started doing the manga OPs.

I never read as prolifically as some of the other Manga GAF members, but I'm still reading some stuff here and there.

It's been a good four years, and the next four years will probably be a bit different, but I think no matter what Manga GAF will probably still have that "I forgot how lewd this hentai is" feeling in it, because that's kind of timeless.

I never read as prolifically as some of the other Manga GAF members, but I'm still reading some stuff here and there.

It's been a good four years, and the next four years will probably be a bit different, but I think no matter what Manga GAF will probably still have that "I forgot how lewd this hentai is" feeling in it, because that's kind of timeless.

Oh I thought you were about to say youre leaving. I got all sad.

Saike Mata Shitemo

Started and caught up to the latest chapter today instead of doing homework lol

Not a particularly ambitious story but its a solid read from the author of The Law Of Ueki

Nanashi no Asterism 3 - 4

Lol, Subaru is a good addition. Though I'm wondering how much longer until one of the three girls tells their true feelings.

convo

Dungeon Meshi spoilers somewhere out there

Once dungeon meshi gets its anime adaptaion i think last months chapter is gonna be a good ending point for that.

Zweizer

Banned
panda is lewd.

We should go lewder!

Zweizer

Banned
Flying Witch ch30

Good that Chinatsu took one step closer to her dream~

Magic is so convenient.

I Am a Hero ch243

Quite convenient, but then again it's to be expected I guess.

Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!! ch7

It's easy to forget that he's supposed to be cool as well.

But then again, considering the competition...

Binetsu Kuukan ch9

What I took from it is that a yuri route got open as well.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Yo! I'm looking for some manga recommendations. I'd prefer more serious stuff, and am currently leaning towards slice-of-life/drama or sports manga. Something that has a fair amount of chapters to read already.

Currently reading:
* Vinland Saga
* Silver Spoon
* Mob Psycho 100%
* My Hero Academia

Additionally some of my favourite stuff is: Hikaru No Go, Twin Spica, and anime-wise Planetes, Welcome to the NHK and Barakamon.

Things I don't like:
* Moe-crap / Gratuitous panty-shots / "ecchi" stuff
* Complete comedies
* No character development.
* Too much naval-gazing.

If someone can compile that into some recommendation that'd be nice.

I was thinking of maybe reading Eyeshield 21 though I have no interest in football.

Zweizer

Banned
Eyeshield 21 is great. I had no interest in football either, but it got me hooked thanks to its great characters, fantastic art and tight pacing.

For non-sports series, I'd suggest 7 Seeds and I Am a Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom