• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seraph #51

Ever since the two lead got reunited the manga got weird. A lot has happened, but it doesn't feel like a lot happened.

Mostly because the main characters sorta feel aimless and too powerless to do anything about the conflict.

The whole human + mika cast feels completely irrelevant at this point. They're horribly outclassed by everyone around them and I'm not sure how the series gets to some kind of status quo where they can get more powerful anytime soon.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm pretty sure there is hentai out there that even Zweizer dislikes.
We should post suggestions in this thread, the winner will probably get a permaban, the rest only two weeks.
We really shouldn't.

Well, you're certainly welcome to try!

I myself am curious if such a thing exists.

WSJ ToC

Demon's Plan (Cover, lead color, new series)
One Piece
Black Clover
Toriko (Color, End)
Amalgam of Distortion
Haikyuu
The Promised Neverland (Color)
Samon the Summoner
My Hero Academia
Gintama
Hinomaru Zumo
Boruto (Color)
Spring Weapon No. 01
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Straighten Up!
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Saiki
Oneshot (WT replacement)
Food Wars
Red Sprite
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

52:
Ore Golasso (New series, cover, lead color)
Center color: Demon's Plan, Samon the Summoner, Kimetsu no Yaiba

World Trigger to go on hiatus, no resume date announced.

I think WT will be gone at most a month.

Seraph #51

Ever since the two leads got reunited the manga got weird. A lot has happened, but it doesn't feel like a lot happened.

Mostly because the main characters sorta feel aimless and too powerless to do anything about the conflict.

Its only been like six chapters since the timeskip I think, we dont know what power everyone is hiding.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch462

Who would be able to resist?

One Punch-Man ch68

So many fodders. At least someone got a cool introduction.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san ch21

So Braveman is a patriarchal sexist?

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! ch19

When everything could go wrong, it all went right.

Spotted Flower ch20

Here comes the rest of the alternate Genshiken cast.

Granny continues to be awesome.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun vol7 extras

Not often you see a flustered Seo. Waka should do that more often.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch15.5

That's certainly not helping with their image.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The day Zweizer got afraid of hentai will be the strangest day, but hey, it's 2016, anything could happen.

Spotted flower 20
I binge read Saki a couple of week ago. That was a blast, but the author really need to take a break since her magazine chapter are often unfinished.

Kaguya wants to be confessed 42

Fuck Kaguya for not following best boy 'Ishigami' twitter. Also, seem strange that Kurogane has time for twitter

Dungeon Meshi 29

Of fucking course it wouldn't be easy. Dammit, author is just too good. they gave us a moment of peace, thinking all will be fine and dandy, then suddenly, boom!

Erigu

Spotted Flower ch20
Here comes the rest of the alternate Genshiken cast.
Granny continues to be awesome.

Spotted flower 20
I binge read Saki a couple of week ago. That was a blast, but the author really need to take a break since her magazine chapter are often unfinished.
No comments about how Shimoku quietly showed that those weren't the actual Genshiken characters in-between more of the usual "it's-so-obviously-them!" Genshiken character cameos?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

I feel like Shiraishi never progressing beyond perfect doormat waifu 200+ chapters in is a little disconcerting.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Punch Man

Ah snap! I know who that is! side note: it be nice if A heroes could get a win every now and then instead of just jobbering up the place all the time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Huh so I wasn't the only one who felt she was bland in a creepy way
One of the reasons why I stopped reading

I thought her intelligence level made her pretty interesting up until the end of the first witches council arc, but then the manga went another 120 chapters and she both simultaneously dropped out of being relevant and never progressed beyond just being everything Yamada could possibly want. Like, she was supposed to be kind of rough around the edges in the first few chapters, but that aspect never came back, even with regards to her interactions with other characters. Like, to give an example, Shiraishi says she doesn't care about going to college. Yamada convinces her to go by saying he'll go also. She agrees. When they return to that bit, he says he wants to go to some hard to get into college. She says "I'm going to that one." Then he says "I'm actually going to this easier to get into one." She replies "I am going to that one." Then he changes his mind. Now she's going to that one and explicitly admits she's just going to go wherever Yamada goes.

I guess I felt like in a manga with 200+ chapters, there could have been more going on than "every hot girl at Suzaku high school wants Yamada" but that's basically all there is, despite the fact that there's lots and lots of male and female characters, many of whom have magical powers.

TheFlow

Banned
World Trigger is one of my favorites, but I feel it would benefit more from a 45 page monthly chapter. It is something a tad bit advance to be pushed weekly.

Yamada Kun should have ended after the first 7 witches arc the fact its still going is just ????

"There's actually several more groups comprised of 7 witches each all around the school!"

lilwaynesmh.gif

Quasar

Spotted Flower 20 - And so the child is named. I assume that's how Japanese children are commonly named, with grandparents having such a prominent role. I wonder how common mother and child having the same name is.

upandaway

I never read Yankee Kun so I can't comment but you'd think the mangaka would learn from the complaints about his first series instead of doubling down.
People were saying the exact same complaints about Yankee-kun as it was running, and voicing concerns that Yamada will go that route when it was just starting out. Definitely not surprising (I stopped reading Yamada when the first arc ended for this reason, it was incredibly easy to see coming)

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Yamada Kun should have ended after the first 7 witches arc the fact its still going is just ????

Worst part is, after that first arc they do some interesting stuff to shuffle it around like his friend being school president or something, and thus the new one in charge of the whole ritual thing, but jeeeez that did not actually go anywhere interesting (I think, I dropped it around this point). But yeah, should have probably ended there. Then it would have been a stronger story instead of whatever it is now.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
tbh i never got over how yankee-kun was ruined ( .___.)

that's why i dropped yamada the moment i saw the author was gonna pull the same thing again

Taruranto

I liked the arc after that too because I found the the core cast stronger than (Odagiri&Tamaki>>>Most of the occult club), but yeah, the manga is long past its due. Still disappointed the mangaka did nothing with Kurosaki and Giant-Bazookas girl. (It was implied the dumb attitude was just a facade when Yamada read her mind, but the mangaka never came back on that)

Even if author wanted to continue because it's popular, there were far better ways to do it, like actually develop Yamada and Shiraishi's relationship beyond her being the the ideal girlfriend.

Man 7 deadly sins goes some weird places after chapter 100

In the past 13 chapters

-power levels for no reason

-ban and king left with chapters focusing on them with Jerico

-Grower went bat shit for love and is fucking with memories

-hendrickson was revealed to be a pawn of a demon and the 10 commandments were revivded

-shit is about to happen in camelot

-gil and co plan to ivestigate what happened to the guys father who we know is possessed by the main antagonist

-meliodas is confronting merlin on the truth 10 years ago

And there is stll a 7th sin to introduce

Ascheroth

Man 7 deadly sins goes some weird places after chapter 100

The power levels were such a garbage idea. And there are times when they feel really tacked on.
Like I remember a fight that was a Meliodas vs. a commandment that went

They fight. They're fairly even.
'Look! Meliodas power level is x! Amazing!!! It's higher than before!!" which told me nothing because I couldn't remember his earlier power level or the enemy power level (which was only mentioned again afterwards).
"OMG! It was actually only half his power! His REAL powerlevel is 2x!!!!"
Proceeds to curbstomp enemy.
Cue explanation on how it was obvious because his powerlevel was so much higher than the enemies level of y.
Because obviously seeing it was not enough.

I don't get it.
Manga went from 'yo this shit is amazing' to 'fuck off and just give more escanor'.

One Punch Man latest

Thats just Skullomania. C'mon Murata.

SKULLHEAD DIVE

I would gladly trade the entirety of Yamada as well as like...I dunno, a fiver, for an actual fucking ending to that manga. Not that fucking blue-balls cock-cage last arc that was total horseshit.

I would, however, actually kill a man to get rid of Beelzebub's last arc and just have it continue as normal from where the previous one ended.

I would kill any one of you. O____O

Ugh, no time to read manga today, too busy.

Edit:
Manga went from 'yo this shit is amazing' to 'fuck off and just give more escanor'.

ACCURATE

Cwarrior

WSJ ToC

Demon's Plan (Cover, lead color, new series)
One Piece
Black Clover
Toriko (Color, End)
Amalgam of Distortion
Haikyuu
The Promised Neverland (Color)
Samon the Summoner
My Hero Academia
Gintama
Hinomaru Zumo
Boruto (Color)
Spring Weapon No. 01
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Straighten Up!
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Saiki
Oneshot (WT replacement)
Food Wars
Red Sprite
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

52:
Ore Golasso (New series, cover, lead color)
Center color: Demon's Plan, Samon the Summoner, Kimetsu no Yaiba

World Trigger to go on hiatus, no resume date announced.

World trigger is the best manga to come out since Hunter X Hunter so it's only natural it goes on haitus like the best do.

I need my world trigger fix, it's become my fav manga.

Arabesque

The World Trigger news :(

I had been worried about Ashihara's health ever since he started taking as many breaks as he did. The fact that this hiatus happened without any announcement after just a sudden break is incredibly worrying. I love World Trigger, but I agree with everyone saying it should either go monthly or at the very least shift to an irregular schedule.

Maybe they can move him to Jump Plus or Jump SQ once he improves a bit.

Yuzumori-san 9.5

Just a series of announcements rather than a chapter. Not sure if store-specific bonuses are a common thing for manga, or whether it's a sign that this's been well received over there.

So what will us viz do? With Toriko leaving, wt hiatus, and red sprite likely to die soon the magazine is shrinking at an alarming rate. Maybe now they'll add haikyu? Or go back and pick up kimetsu and samon since those have proven to have some kind of legs.

Arabesque

So what will us viz do? With Toriko leaving, wt hiatus, and red sprite likely to die soon the magazine is shrinking at an alarming rate. Maybe now they'll add haikyu? Or go back and pick up kimetsu and samon since those have proven to have some kind of legs.

Time to bring in more stuff from Jump SQ (Twin Star) Jump SQ (Astra, My Hero spin off) and lots of one shots.

Ore they wait it out to 2017 when a big push of Jump Starts comes and they add them all.

I think they will just add whatever is doing good in Japan right now.

I just don't want another RWBY

Add more monthlys maybe like Twin star and platinum end.

Time to bring in more stuff from Jump SQ (Twin Star) Jump SQ (Astra, My Hero spin off) and lots of one shots.

Ore they wait it out to 2017 when a big push of Jump Starts comes and they add them all.

I think they will just add whatever is doing good in Japan right now.

I just don't want another RWBY

Add more monthlys maybe like Twin star and platinum end.

I don't get why we have RWBY but Astra and DB Super are a part of the free section of the website like just slap them in your weekly digital magazine so I don't have to go on your awful site to find them. Doubly annoying for me since their free section isn't in the SJ app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom