• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao @ those Shokugeki spoilers
KuGsj.gif

Everyone is expelled other than Tadokoro and Takumi

Fire Force volume 1
9781632363305_manga-fire-force-1-primary.jpg

Yep this is what I was expecting, and yep it was great!

The premise of the story is good, people just bursting into flames with no warning, and becoming demons. Our MC's main plot is also something I really like. Having him wanting to be a hero for his dead mother and at the same time searching for the anomaly in his memories from that incident.

The art style is amazing, but I never really doubted that part, since soul eater art-style was always a big win for me. The enemy look really cool and so does our heroes.

I'm also really liking the characters, they all have strong personalities already. Shinra is a really great MC, with that smiling quirk of his and his 3rd gen powers are really cool. The crazy look everybody has is amazing!

I'm happy and looking forward to volume 2.

Erigu

Spotted Flower 20 - And so the child is named. I assume that's how Japanese children are commonly named, with grandparents having such a prominent role. I wonder how common mother and child having the same name is.
It's about as common as husbands not going "wait, that's already the mother's name". That is to say, it doesn't happen.
In other words, the wife isn't Saki from Genshiken after all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So that means
we end game sns to be canceled by the end of year :p

Nope.
The rest of the spoiler is that Soma, Erina, Takumi, Tadokoro + the other three from the E10 are planning to just get a majority hold on the E10 and reinstate them all.

It's basically a Fairy Tail explusion.

Nope.
The rest of the spoiler is that Soma, Erina, Takumi, Tadokoro + the other three from the E10 are planning to just get a majority hold on the E10 and reinstate them all.

I realize that my :p was meant to be sarcastic since people keep declaring SnS dead. The fact everyone got expelled means their expulsion isn't going to hold up long term.

Nope.

I figured something like that would happen. Even the characters we already saw expelled I didn't expect would stay that way. I still stick with my original prediction that everyone makes it to graduation at the end.

Fire Force volume 1
9781632363305_manga-fire-force-1-primary.jpg

Yep this is what I was expecting, and yep it was great!

The premise of the story is good, people just bursting into flames with no warning, and becoming demons. Our MC's main plot is also something I really like. Having him wanting to be a hero for his dead mother and at the same time searching for the anomaly in his memories from that incident.

The art style is amazing, but I never really doubted that part, since soul eater art-style was always a big win for me. The enemy look really cool and so does our heroes.

I'm also really liking the characters, they all have strong personalities already. Shinra is a really great MC, with that smiling quirk of his and his 3rd gen powers are really cool. The crazy look everybody has is amazing!

I'm happy and looking forward to volume 2.

already, i cant believe i forgot to preorder

jitsu wa watashi wa 148

Well, that turned out different than I though it would. Though its for the better. Oka finally found the drive he needs. Though I don't know how much it will matter in the end, since I don't think Mikan really has those feelings for Oka.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 463

Sometimes i would love to see the opposite situation where Tomo intimidates girls that lust over Jun.

OnePunch Man (Murata) - latest

When's Dust Man and Crystal Man heroes?

G.ZZZ

Knocking Master Jirou 396

Fuck everything and thank you Mitsutoshi for this manga.

I wanted so much more from this i cry evry time.

LeleSocho

Banned
Punished Toriko: A Series Robbed of Its Chapters - 396 END

LOOK AT ALL THIS MATERIAL! LOOK AT IT! YOU COULD HAVE FILLED AT LEAST ANOTHER 200 CHAPTERS GODDANGIT!!!

Wonderful battle shonen that was axed on its potentially best moment because of probably business decisions... sigh... there's not much else to read from WSJ now.

G.ZZZ

I didn't really care for space to be honest. I wanted much more from the gourmet world, a less dragged out human world toward the end, and much more from my boy Jirou. So many interesting characters literally disappeared, like Alfaro, all the 0th biotope, and we got way less fights than we should've. Toriko himself became such a bad character in the Gourmet World.

jitsu wa watashi wa 148

Well, that turned out different than I though it would. Though its for the better. Oka finally found the drive he needs. Though I don't know how much it will matter in the end, since I don't think Mikan really has those feelings for Oka.

It would leave a bad taste in my mouth if Mikan falls in love or agrees to date him. It looks like she needs her space to recover and I'd hate for her to be shipped with Oka just for the sake of all of the characters having their romance in the end

JulianImp

Tetsugaku Letra - #6 (End)
Based contrived coincidences. I really did enjoy seeing Ichinose grow as a person and how the characters learned to support and rely upon each other, but I still kind of wish the series could keep on going beyond what we got, since I wanted to see the supporting cast get a bit more fleshed out, but I guess this was supposed to be Ichinose's story after all.

Now I wish there'd be an anime adaptation of this with some kick-ass flamenco performances someday, but I guess the series isn't that well known to warrant suh a treatment...

G.ZZZ

For someone who paid for underage sex, I'd say he got a fair deal. /wonzo

That was a blessing in disguise, his manga has 0 tolerance for underage pantsu shot/romance nonsense and was pure 100% shonen worldbuilding with great characters, probably also because he feared to be called out on it.

Toriko was so out of place for this age. Ice Hell arc is my personal best arc in any shonen.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Now with Toriko ending, we really do feel like we're in a new age of Jump. Now the only series older than 2012 are One Piece and Gintama (and HxH but that barely counts).

Maybe this final chapter is to set-up the Toriko Expanded Universe, where fans can create their own stories. ... If there are enough dedicated fans willing to do it.

dramatis

That's true, Shuesha did let Toriko run for a pretty long time, it just wasn't long enough.
You say this, but Toriko was pushed heavily when it first came out. Editorial was probably expecting it to build enough steam to eventually replace one of the 'big 3'. Instead years later it's selling about as much as Gintama after a long decline.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
English Jump is really taking a beating this year.

Now that Toriko is over and World Trigger is on hiatus, plus Red Sprite is likely to be cancelled, they're digital printing is going to be pretty thin.

I can see them picking up more Jump Starts. Hopefully Amalgam of Distortion.
We'll see what this Demon's Plan series is like come Monday.

Also, fuck RWBY.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch463

Still a dick.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch148

Good grief. Mei is too nice.

One Piece ch846

Yeah, they were badly outnumbered.

Shokugeki no Soma ch192

At least Rindou is nice.

Guess it's finally time to take these seats.

Angry Grimace

Rindou <3

Let's hope we can time skip through to the last phase though.

ElFly

Toriko

Last Toriko chapter was p standard. not up to par with the last week chapter that was just beautiful

surprised Komatsu did not get really hitched with any of the potential girls. personally was hoping for Melk the second but eh

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece Ahhh, I really hoped Luffy would win against all odds and stay in that dumb spot but whateves. Really digging all of these villain designs, and also really digging Big Mama as a villain. She's starting to become one of my favs.

Boku Hero eh, kind disappointed. A lot of talk about nothing really. Couple good bits though.

bobohoro

I guess I will start reading Toriko soon.

Shokugeki No Soma 192

It had to happen, but this chapter was the first halfway good one in quite some time. Getting rid of fodder characters and establishing a reasonable goal. Would've like for Ryo to continue on though, but I guess he had more spotlight than Aldini in the recent past.

One Piece 846

I still don't trust neither Pudding nor Big Mom.
And Brook finally getting some much needed action!

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 148

Well, that was kinda obvious to turn out like this. Now give Oka his suicide confession, Akemi can reject him and something weird is gonna happen somehow.
Still, it's nice to see a manga even tackle a chliched romance sideplot with heartfelt emotion and nice humor.

surprised Komatsu did not get really hitched with any of the potential girls. personally was hoping for Melk the second but eh

As much as that would've been great, Toriko is also one of the only manga that if everyone just went gay for each other at the end I'd probably just be like "Makes sense"

SnS 192

Shokugeki no Soma has really, really gone to shit. It's dramatic. Soma winning, now Alice and Ryo losing, but Tadokoro passes LOL.

Bullshit.

Art is incredible as always, though.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Golden Kamuy ch. 76

This was a pretty good twist to his dead sister's story. Really liked these past couple chapters.

One Piece ch. 846

I know it'll be magically fixed after he gets some rest / stuffs his face, but I kind of like the idea of Luffy missing a tooth and want it to stick now.

This Amande girl with the cig and absurdly large hat kinda looks cool actually. Too bad she won't amount to anything.

My Hero Academia ch. 116

Kind of tough to followup last week's chapter, but Deku texting All Might his license was cute.

WataMote ch. 107

This kid ain't shit, but she's still probably right about Tomoko's taste in anime being garbage.

Rymuth

Toriko 396

The 'axe cop' of all mangas is finally over. Admittedly, I came to this series pretty late so I'm not as emotional as some long-time fans due to the difference in time Invested. Was a fun ride, tho!

Congrats to the author and hope he finds success on his next work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom