• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma - 192

Have to admit that Erina's relieved face was pretty cute... in any case things are happening, i foresee a nice set of chapters when they'll fight the E10 even if the outcome is more than obvious.
Revenge for my girl Yuki ç__ç

bakuon!! 30

This manga is so weird sometimes, I love it. Also, I don't know if its a thing in Japan or just the artist, but why all the hate on suzuki bikes? I mean, I get brand loyalty and fanboys and stuff, but I wonder if there's something I'm missing.
Also I have a suzuki bike, its not so bad.

I've always wanted a talking Japanese businessman.
v8lk06g.png

Ray Down

Banned
It seems a secret message from Oda to Shimabukuro (Toriko's author) is hidden behind the cover page.
Toriko's final chapter is included in the same issue.

The message is "Thank you Shimabukuro for Toriko!!"

- Striped Pig

It represents "Shima-Boo", known as a nickname for Shimabukuro.
"Shima" means stripe and "Boo" is an onomatopoeia for pig's cry in Japanese.

39 represents "Thank you".
3 and 9 are pronounced as San (さん) and Kyu (きゅー) in Japanese.
3 (さん San) 9(きゅー Kyu)=さんきゅー(Sankyu)
"Thank you" is written as さんきゅー(サンキュー) in Japanese..

- 5 Birds

They represent "Toriko".
Bird is called 鳥(Tori) in Japanese.
5 is pronounced as Go in Japanese.
Tori 5= Toriko (Torigo)
Credits to Sandman

Nice one Oda

pbayne

Kimi ni Todoke 71 YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally shouted in joy at my roof and my neighbors shouted at me to shut up but god damn them because that was the best.

Yeah it was perfect. Series could have ended there and id have been happy.
Brace yourself for some dumb malarky that comes after that though.

Monster Lizard Oneshot
A cute non ecchi one shot about an adorable lizard person and a lady looking for her dog. I may read more of this author's work, Im charmed by the art style.

One Piece 846
I cannot at all see how they get out of this together, other than Lola popping by to confirm Nami's words.

Nanashi no Asterism 6
"It's fine" and "it's nothing" have an extensive history of signifying the opposite of what they actually mean, and this case is no different. I'm unsure whether to support Asakura in his pursuit of black hair. Probably not since he's seemingly an obstacle to a yuri ending.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch464

That part of her is cute too~

Demi-chan wa Kataritai ch24

Such close siblings~

Nanashi no Asterism ch6

It took a while, but she finally managed to be a little bit more honest.

Monster Lizard (One-shot) by Yamamoto Souichirou
Somewhere, Oni just had an orgasm.

Hey, it's a fun story by the dude who does Takagi, this is way below my boner threshold.

Meanwhile Tomo is making me hate Jun more and more with each passing chapter. Like, it's going from "I don't want to lose this relationship that turned me into who I am today and gives me my life compass" to "I'm a REALLY shitty dude"

I also read some 4 chapter death game manga and it was just the worst so it's not even worth discussing.

I also read like 20 other things but I forgot them all and I'm lazy and playing Shadowrun so I don't feel like making a huge-ass post.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The concept of Tadokoro getting an Elite 10 seat is funnier to me than it should be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm just happy they finally got to the point where they figured out this was how you will beat Central as opposed to just randomly struggling against Azami.

The stupider part is that they didn't figure out that if they had a majority of the seats they could also just fire Azami.

My random guess is that they get the majority of the seats, but then for PLOT REASONS they can't eliminate Azami and have to bring back Senzubean to be co-Dean and Azami brings in an entire competing school full of students just to invent more bad guys.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Where's Mimisaka anyway? I bet he's going to help them get absolute majority. Or maybe Rindou will switch at the last second for shits and giggles. Based Rindou.

Angry Grimace

Where's Mimisaka anyway? I bet he's going to help them get absolute majority. Or maybe Rindou will switch at the last second for shits and giggles. Based Rindou.
I don't think Mimisaka is a realistic candidate to beat an Elite 10 member since he doesn't even have his own style. And Rindou will switch to whatever side is funnier. They also have both Isshiki and Kuga on their side and we don't really know anything about Megishima other than he's a third-year who voted against Azami.

I wouldn't be even vaguely surprised if Eizan turned face, either.

Angry Grimace

Rindou is the ultimate troll character and the author knows it.

Rindou's avoided cooking since her first appearance and she once at a dish that defeated an Elite 10 member and didn't have her clothes explode like everyone else did. The authors clearly know she's very popular.

Man, I'm playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong and it's such a good game. Like, Shadowrun Returns was fine. I enjoyed it but it wasn't a 10/10 or anything.

Then I play Dragonfall and I'm like "Hey, they learned a lot. This game is pretty good" Decent characters, good plot, fun missions, combat improved. Cool.

And now playing Hong Kong it's like...just a level above. Everything about it is a step up and the writing went from "Pretty good" or "Aw man that's cool" to "Holy shit, this is really good writing" The descriptions and dialogue are so tight and there's some really good characterization and prose in this game; stuff that gives you very clear pictures of people and places without directly saying it. I remember one specific line while talking top Kindly Cheng that was just a description of how she looked at Duncan and it was like...such an amazing line that perfectly described what she thought about him without her saying anything.

I'd compare this game to something like Trails of Cold Steel 1/2 where a lot of people praise the world building but I just found it to be okay because while it's very impressive that all the NPCs change dialogue and have their own lives and agendas and whatnot it's not very interesting to me. I stopped talking to them after a while or skipped dialogue because while it was cool it didn't really enhance much for me. I don't "lose myself" or "immerse" myself in games like a lot of people, I look at them narratively or from a storytelling standpoint. So I have a bit of a...biased view of how world-building can be delivered. But in this game? Holy shit, it cuts down on the number of NPCs and is so much better for it by making them such incredibly rich characters. It basically does the same thing as Cold Steel wherein these people have existing lives and stories that they've lived before you came and go on without you and it all serves to enhance the world you're in EXCEPT they are FASCINATING. The writing really works here because every time I go back to my base I talk to EVERYONE and exhaust all my dialogue options. I'm in love with talking to the Troll family watching the club and seeing both sons hate how they're stuck here. They're completely unimportant to the plot but their family dynamic and story is just so interesting to watch play out. I love talking to Reliable Matthew and seeing his cool cat, hows-it-goin-babe salesman shtick fall away as he loses sales and his BTLs wear off and looking into his trailer and seeing the drones that he dressed up as animals for company and just...every single person in there is so detailed and thorough and fills out the city you live in and the type of world it is and UGH I can't gush over it enough. I really really don't want to shit on Trails of Cold Steel because it's preference and for a lot of people it works but it didn't work for me because I wasn't invested in 2 or 3 lines of dialogue that I didn't care about changing over time for everyone and this game is the perfect way of world-building to me; you do what Trails did on a much smaller, tighter and deeper level and it will make everything stand out and flesh out all the more.

The characters are amazing too. The crew that you run with is great, even your lame duck brother who fills the "Bioware first party member" trope super hard, but everyone else I try to talk to as much as possible because their stories and personalities are just wonderful.

I can't gush enough about this game and y'all gonna have to put up with it here because it's an older game and the thread's dead so there's nowhere else to post.

Zweizer

Banned
It's not nice, Oni, to remind me of the shame that I haven't played Shadowrun or Cold Steel yet!

One day I'll muster the courage. One day...

The concept of Tadokoro getting an Elite 10 seat is funnier to me than it should be.

Whats wrong with Tadokoro?

Rindou is the ultimate troll character and the author knows it.

Rindou's avoided cooking since her first appearance and she once at a dish that defeated an Elite 10 member and didn't have her clothes explode like everyone else did. The authors clearly know she's very popular.

Yeah, pretty sure the eventual reveal is that she's the best cook in the whole school.

ElFly

So how gay we talking here?

Where in the scale between Will and Grace and hardcore Yaoi would this content of the manga fit?

Asking for a friend.

I didn't watch Will and Grace but basically v low gay content

there are some light gay elements but yaoi this ain't

Arabesque

Whats wrong with Tadokoro?

One third she's so timid that unlike everyone else who was pumped to fight an Elite 10, she was more reserved (terrified) about it
One third the gag of her being so scared she might keel over if you look at her funny
One third her being an seen as an underdog compared to everyone else

So the idea of her actually managing to be a seated member seems so amusing, even if it's basically the Soma match set up just without a plot armour as thick.

I think it's funnier that Aldini is is also set up to go against one of the current Elite 10, since compared to Tadokoro, his onscreen win record is worse than her's, and he had more devastating losses.

Kurokiba and Alice were robbed

What's the best guess for how much longer Gintama might go on? Think it'll last through next summer?

It doesn't seem like it? I mean, Sorachi exact wording was that 2016 would mark the start of the final arc, but he never said how long it would take him to be done.

Given how there is going to be an exhibition near the end of this year, it seem unlikely it would go on till summer, but who knows. The pacing of the story seems to be reaching an end soon.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Helck ch. 78

So Piuy's actual name is Piwi and it has been this entire time and then this chapter ends with Asuta being whipped in the face after being assured she'd be spared.

I am unhappy, friends.

One third she's so timid that unlike everyone else who was pumped to fight an Elite 10, she was more reserved (terrified) about it
One third the gag of her being so scared she might keel over if you look at her funny
One third her being an seen as an underdog compared to everyone else

So the idea of her actually managing to be a seated member seems so amusing, even if it's basically the Soma match set up just without a plot armour as thick.

I think it's funnier that Aldini is is also set up to go against one of the current Elite 10, since compared to Tadokoro, his onscreen win record is worse than her's, and he had more devastating losses.

Kurokiba and Alice were robbed

I guess, but I still see nothing wrong with her being an Elite 10 member, since the only requirement is be really good at cooking. It doesn't really have anything do to with how inept of a person you are in general.

I agree about Kurokiba and Alice. Though I'm sure they'll figure something out on their own or something.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 17

V6bdKZh.png

I was kidding when I said the PSG would be the longest book ever written, but if it has to include childcare advice then that suddenly seems much more accurate. Not sure that anything could cure the demon king's trauma at this point, not even 'releasing' her.

bobohoro

[Stuff about video games]

My steam backlog is enormous. Mainly because I dislike playing on my PC and only ever finished Ys games and VNs on it. But this post reminded me that I have one of the shadowruns in my library and now I really want to play it.

But I only started Cold Steel II, and while I think it is quite flawed in many ways like you, it still manages to draw me in quite well. So I'll have to focus on that. For the next 1-2 months.

Tomo-chan 465

Still not convinced that he is really worse than Jun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom