• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved reading your guys' thoughts on the ecchi topic. Everything's subjective of course, but I think it would be cool to see a blog go through ecchi series and apply reasoning for a "good" or "bad" rating. Would do it myself if I knew I'd be a decent blog author lol

------

Because She Is a Little Girl, I Am Excited Sexually 1

294.gif

---------

I was checking out the first few chapters of Air Gear in vols 1-2 and I see why I loved reading them as a kid. The concept is so fun and freeing! However, I heard the story falls off the rails supposedly like the author's other works (ex: Tenjho Tenge). For those who completed Air Gear, what were your impressions?

I was checking out the first few chapters of Air Gear in vols 1-2 and I see why I loved reading them as a kid. The concept is so fun and freeing! However, I heard the story falls off the rails supposedly like the author's other works (ex: Tenjho Tenge). For those who completed Air Gear, what were your impressions?

Air Gear is still one of the best manga and really gets epic once the whole team is assembled and competing.

Also read Biorg Trinity the artist is paired with a phenomenal writer to create an unrivaled sci fi epic.

Loved reading your guys' thoughts on the ecchi topic. Everything's subjective of course, but I think it would be cool to see a blog go through ecchi series and apply reasoning for a "good" or "bad" rating. Would do it myself if I knew I'd be a decent blog author lol

------

294.gif

---------

Story was ok in the beginining but went to fucking trash after it derails (the fun and freeing aspect as you mentioned basically was lost and it got all self serious).

Check it out for the art mostly and maybe the story if you are curious.

Air Gear's ending is so fucking awfully insane compared to the start that you'd swear it's a manga written by Gainax. Don't even bother.

Zweizer

Banned
Hi Score Girl ch27.6

Times sure were rough when Gamefaqs didn't exist yet.

Kingdom ch498

That's a pretty impressive party they've got here.

Ray Down

Banned
Air gear is trash, may be the dumbest manga ever. Should be consider a torture method by reading it.

Naruto is Citizen Kane next to it.

I hate the dude who did Tenjo Tenghe/Air Gear because I love his art but his plot/story/characters are mind-numbingly bad. Both manga start off pretty good and then PPPLLLLBBBRRRTTTTTT

I hate the dude who did Tenjo Tenghe/Air Gear because I love his art but his plot/story/characters are mind-numbingly bad. Both manga start off pretty good and then PPPLLLLBBBRRRTTTTTT
Oh Great is the best at taking simple, realistic plots and scaling them upwards till a god or two enters the picture and nothing makes sense anymore.

Mob Psycho 100 97.7

No shortcuts in Mob's road of love!

One thing that isn't stated enough is Mob's great character development. We really started seeing signs of it the first time Reigen said he could not show up for work if he wanted to hang out with his friends and was surprised when he actually did just that, but this is another great example. The Mob at the beginning of the story might have been susceptible to this type of manipulation, but not now

bobohoro

Air Gear might just be the most bizarre letdown of them all. While Bleach and Hitman Reborn just fizzled into nothingness, Air Gear went balls to the wall insane in a reaaaally bad way. Just remembering it makes my head spin and stomach churn.

Mai-Ball 58

The good thing about this manga is that I can freely live out my age-old man-crush on Del Piero. Thanks Micchi.
And I just hope that it never goes down the road of pointless romance drama influencing the football aspect, although with this setup it is kinda unavoidable.

kadotsu

Banned
Oh! Great's writing is utterly incomprehensible. He's is a true Nimrod of the manga industry.

I think he just likes to do setups for stories but never plans out all acts. Once he catches up with the stuff he planned he fumbles and everything goes to shit. With Air Gear you can pinpoint the moment. It was when the MC noticed that he owned the Regalia. After that needless lore was added at an incredible pace and the story went to shit.

When in doubt, add super powers, even if it's technically a fucking sports manga, people need to kick tornadoes and shit because that's how rollerblades work.

Air gear is trash, may be the dumbest manga ever. Should be consider a torture method by reading it.

Naruto is Citizen Kane next to it.
A manga podcast I enjoy that does recommendations made air gear a patreon goal for the show because one of them read it and thought it was one of the stupidest things they'd ever read. Goal was met and them ripping air gear to shreds was great

LeleSocho

Banned
I wish Air Gear's story made sense so i could have enjoyed it, i ended up dropping it after a decent amount of volumes because at a certain point i realized that if someone asked me what the last 2 volumes i read were about i would have had no idea what to respond...

If I remember correctly I dropped it soon after the author introduced a girl named Kururu that lived in a clock tower and was designated to fix Ikki's AT.

kasane

I wish Air Gear's story made sense so i could have enjoyed it, i ended up dropping it after a decent amount of volumes because at a certain point i realized that if someone asked me what the last 2 volumes i read were about i would have had no idea what to respond...

If I remember correctly I dropped it soon after the author introduced a girl named Kururu that lived in a clock tower and was designated to fix Ikki's AT.

le betrayal
le superpower
le anti gravity
le boobies
le power of love and friendship

great art 8/8

Arabesque

A manga podcast I enjoy that does recommendations made air gear a patreon goal for the show because one of them read it and thought it was one of the stupidest things they'd ever read. Goal was met and them ripping air gear to shreds was great

I think I know what podcast you're talking about, I listened to that episode and thought it was incredible how stupider that manga was from what I remembered lol

You must have then dropped it before it got real crazy. Some of the later stuff makes the early volumes look normal by comparison.

le betrayal
le superpower
le anti gravity
le boobies
le power of love and friendship

great art 8/8

Add in a couple of body possessions/swapping, branwashing, removed ribcages and Obama passing the Affordable Rollerskates Act, and that'd be it yeah.

The gravity children thing will always confuse me. I still have no idea what's their reason or why the fuck they were in the series.

kasane

I think I know what podcast you're talking about, I listened to that episode and thought it was incredible how stupider that manga was from what I remembered lol

You must have then dropped it before it got real crazy. Some of the later stuff makes the early volumes look normal by comparison.

Add in a couple of body possessions/swapping, branwashing, removed ribcages and Obama passing the Affordable Rollerskates Act, and that'd be it yeah.

The gravity children thing will always confuse me. I still have no idea what's their reason or why the fuck they were in the series.
werent the gravity children an experiment gone wrong.

and yeah if you fucks think air gear is crazy tenjo tenge is also crazy as fuck

i swear oh great just get seizures while he is storyboarding or some shit

Like, the dude's artwork is top tier but ye god I cannot read a manga on art alone.

Well, that's a lie.

I can only read around 10 manga on art alone. That's my max.

Tomo 461 - 466

I don't think Jun is having as fun a time as everyone else. That dude hitting on Tomo is about to get rekt though.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai 24

Hikari is way too proud of being a lazy slob.

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 39

Hyoudou is trying too hard to be pervy. Also this sure is lewd for being in weekly shonen jump.

Promised Neverland 16

NO YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Uratarou 14

Okay, that was...an interesting way to do that. I'm not angry at the fake out just because of the consequences/information this chapter revealed. As well as creating a REALLY weird party considered the Queen's monster dude is gonna just massacre whatever they come across. Really good freaked out faces and his reasoning behind following THICC THIGHS.

Mai Ball 58

Mia is quickly growing into one of my favorite characters.

Good Night World 44

Jesus Christ, that page of the father freaking out after Black Bird crushed his assistant's head shows just how far the mangaka's ability has come since Sekai Oni. Some incredibly good perspective and angles as well as motion to show just how angry he was. And damn did a lot happen. Younger brother acting as a liaison between older brother/mother and the father leaves me interested what everyone did after they split. Especially considering the dad is now up to something fucked up.

This mangaka really understands how to utilize death effectively while still making sure that you know that anyone can die at any time. I know I harp on this a lot but it's a huge difference between Walking Dead's writing style that I hate where you characters are treated poorly and do not get emotionally satisfying deaths and this manga or Sekai Oni where someone can die at the drop of a hat but it's handled well so that you don't feel cheated or cheaply fucked with.

Nanashi no Asterism 7

This manga just proves my belief that threesomes solve everything is correct.

Shengar

What are some good completed seinen manga?

Mizukami Satoshi's Spirit Circle

His two other work, Sengoku Youko and Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer while published in Seinen magazine (and actually written as one) have shounen flavor all over them, so it might not what you're expecting. They're still worth checking out, though you don't expect any fancy artwork from Mizukami besides his spread page.

Taruranto

Magi 328

Lmao this chapter.

"Sinbad became a god!"

"He did WHAT!? Let's go talk to him.

"Yes, I totally became a God"

I wonder how the series final climax will be at this point, things got weirdly... anticlimactic.

upandaway

Promised Neverland

Don has recently eclipsed all other characters in amount and density of death flags. If this guy survives then I won't believe anyone in this manga could ever die

Hopefully he doesn't drag Gilda down with him

elyetis

He should either stick to shorter stories, or stick to the art while someone else do the story.

I kind of compare him with Boichi, weak stories but great art.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yeah, Oh! Great collabing with a good writer would be bloody amazing.

but it hasn't happened yet
His current work is with another author. That author is the same guy who wrote Jorge Joestar, so yeah, peak insanity from the start. It does gets better though

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 467

Noone will ever touch Tomo with any hands if it was up to Jun though, himself included.
Don't think you'd want to reinforce that.

Conan-san

The Promised Neverland 016
This comic is on thin ice with me right now. Ether it pulls the trigger and gets out of the orphanage or the big three in this magazine's going to be OP, MHA and freaking RWBY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom