• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
......I'm not sure what to say...sorry?

image.php

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tomo-chan 280

OH COME ON!

Neither one of them have any courage. Will someone just take the first step already?

Maybe later in the night...

Articalys

I think the reason they held it is because Goodnight Punpun Vol 1 was just released in the US.
And Vertical released A Girl on the Shore back in January, but I guess that wasn't popular enough?
Whatever, just seems stupid to me to sit on an interview as short as this for four months just to make Viz happy, especially when the interview doesn't even mention the release.

It's just Negima with 1/4 the amount of exploding clothes. So basically the best.

The lack of nude 14 year olds every chapter is also pretty welcome. He really turned down the Ero for this one overall. Poor Karin though, she still has to show the goods every few chapters it seems, well, at least the story arcs where she's present.

Arabesque

And Vertical released A Girl on the Shore back in January, but I guess that wasn't popular enough?
Whatever, just seems stupid to me to sit on an interview as short as this for four months just to make Viz happy, especially when the interview doesn't even mention the release.

If I recall, the reason(s) they alway gave for not posting interviews immediately after conducting them are:

-They need to pass first with the right holders/publishers lawyers in case of something they don't want to be known

-It takes time to edit the interview

-They need to time it with something relevant or popular or otherwise not that many people will read it

The number one issue with ANN interviews always seems to be one of those, and in particular the first one.

Revo

Seven Deadly Sins 167

At least the foundation for Diane learning somethings was laid although I had hoped at least some more would come to her during this fight. At least king confirmed #1 in heart.

Famassu

I really need to buy all the Asano stuff that I still don't have. Only have Solanin and What a Wonderful World Vols. 1 & 2. Is there anything else available (or being localized) other than Nijigahara Holograph, Goodnight Punpun & A Girl on the Shore?

Revo

Piano no Mori 194

Not much ado after the reveal of the brochures, didn't really need a recap of what we already saw.

dani_dc

Helck 64.2

Shocked that they actually killed him.
Didn't expect it to happen in "present" time.
Guess the series has maybe 40 more chapters to it.

UTA, VIZ Media to Develop Live Action Versions of Anime, Manga Properties
VIZ Media will partner with United Talent Agency (UTA) to develop live-action programming based on titles from VIZ Media’s extensive catalog of manga and anime properties, the companies announced Wednesday.

VIZ Media is the largest publisher, distributor and licensor of manga and anime in North America. The company’s roster includes massively popular titles such as “Bleach,” “Death Note,” “Naruto,” “One-Punch Man,” “One Piece” and “Tokyo Ghoul.”

“We are excited to start this partnership to push the boundaries of storytelling, innovation and character through VIZ Media’s prolific portfolio,” said UTA’s Howie Sanders, co-head of the book department.

Where will they even put these, I guess online only, unless they would join the ranks of comic book tv and try to get something on primtetime. Id be up for live action BLack Clover, Naruto, HeroAca and World Trigger.

bobohoro

I really need to buy all the Asano stuff that I still don't have. Only have Solanin and What a Wonderful World Vols. 1 & 2. Is there anything else available (or being localized) other than Nijigahara Holograph, Goodnight Punpun & A Girl on the Shore?

That should cover everything available in English.

Tomo-chan 280

You pretty much were ticklegroping her breasts already, get the fuck on with it!

Uh...how? Esdeath is fucking OP in probably most series you put her in. It's not that her power is ridiculous, it's the shit she can do with it which often doesn't make sense and is ridiculous.

There's a Demon Lord in the Floor 10

Jesus Christ the fan-service, goddam. Nonko is still best girl/mushroom and there is not nearly enough of her in this manga. At least this manga doesn't hem and haw around what it's about, I guess.

Its just like...compare her to any other ice dude (Aokiji, White Album, Hitsugaya, Iceman) and she wouldn't be able to do shit even with Za Warudo.

Yet another ice character who doesn't realize the ability to make shit cold is the ability to essentially remove energy which is bullshit OP.

Huh. It's amusing because I was like "She's totally redonkulous" and then you named those characters and I realized how stupid powerful most ice characters are.

Still think she's way stronger than White Album and Hitsugaya though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Its just like...compare her to any other ice dude (Aokiji, White Album, Hitsugaya, Iceman) and she wouldn't be able to do shit even with Za Warudo.

Yet another ice character who doesn't realize the ability to make shit cold is the ability to essentially remove energy which is bullshit OP.

Aokiji would wreck her shit with one hand tied behind his back. Her biggest feat is something he surpasses without breaking a sweat.

Arabesque

As shitty of a character Esdeath is, she is at least stronger than Histugaya, if only because she won more than 2 fights throughout her series.

Zombie Hitsugaya might be a different story, but he's gone now and we have regular lame ass version Ice Boy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom