• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 667

Ok the reveal that everyone was wrong and he didn't have a permanent shinkai is kind of cool

Too bad the Shinkai design is lame and boring, liked his fucked up jagged sword better

bokuhero 62.5

CeVHTeQUkAAsD-U.jpg:large

thanks horikoshi

upandaway

Maybe a bit random, but i've been thinking about this manga. Wish this one get localized or translated. Suzuki Sanami artwork looks great, and i'm fond of cooking manga
If someone already read this, I definitely want to hear your impression or review.
No clue what it is but looks cool. I know that author, some people here posted about his one-shots before.

bobohoro

Shokugeki no Soma 160

So, what am I missing here? Erina wrote lots of letters, none arrived, they had next to no contact, but she still loves Erina like a sister because of...uh reasons?
I mean, I get the general idea and I don't think such a relationship impossible, but they way they presented the development in this chapter was rather weird.

Tomo-chan 281

Nothing's ever gonna happen this night, I guess.

Bleach 667

That Shikai is a let-down.

Toriko

Neo ate a supernova. ... This manga is fucking stupid.

Yeah, it has turned out pretty stupid. Don was lame after all, Neo is...a black hole shaped like a booger.

Whatever, I am just looking forward to Neo eventually peeing his pants. He is a very unpleasant character.

Arabesque

I was wondering why everyone was talking about Kenpachi's shikai until I remembered that it's been like 2 years since he last used it. Holy shit, what happened in Bleach during that time?

Shokugeki no Soma 160

So, what am I missing here? Erina wrote lots of letters, none arrived, they had next to no contact, but she still loves Erina like a sister because of...uh reasons?
I mean, I get the general idea and I don't think such a relationship impossible, but they way they presented the development in this chapter was rather weird.

The reason was because Erina and Alice used to be close before she traveled to Europe. They were kids sure, but they still loved each other because they are family and care for each other and they are cousins around the same age that share similar interests.

We got Erina's side of what happened back when Alice went and broke into the mansion to get her out, and now we got Alice side of the story and seen how hurt she was when she first thought that Erina didn't care enough to respond. It makes sense given that how she had felt towards someone she was close to in childhood.

To Alice, Erina isn't just her cousin. She is the closest thing she has to a sister, and what Azami did was try and sabotage that relationship that she valued. So it makes sense that she would feel strongly enough to try and repair it as best as she could.

Also why the whole Senzaemon asking Soma instead of Alice thing was soooooo moronic. Thankfully we got this development now.

upandaway

Soma 160

I expected Alice to go in on Azami way harder then that
Yeah she had him in a tough spot, weird that she'd be the one to walk away from that before him. To be honest he hasn't really done much to earn that kind of fear from everyone but maybe he'd be built up more later.

I'd be upset if Alice needs to be bailed out by Soma at the end of this

Toriko

Neo ate a supernova. ... This manga is fucking stupid.

Yeah, it has turned out pretty stupid. Don was lame after all, Neo is...a black hole shaped like a booger.

Whatever, I am just looking forward to Neo eventually peeing his pants. He is a very unpleasant character.

well it was a mini super nova

only able to destroy the planet rather then one with a radius of 5 Light years

but honestly I expect if this series wasn't being rushed to its ending we would've seen Galaxy tossing at one point

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

d'awwww

I was wondering why everyone was talking about Kenpachi's shikai until I remembered that it's been like 2 years since he last used it. Holy shit, what happened in Bleach during that time?

The reason was because Erina and Alice used to be close before she traveled to Europe. They were kids sure, but they still loved each other because they are family and care for each other and they are cousins around the same age that share similar interests.

We got Erina's side of what happened back when Alice went and broke into the mansion to get her out, and now we got Alice side of the story and seen how hurt she was when she first thought that Erina didn't care enough to respond. It makes sense given that how she had felt towards someone she was close to in childhood.

To Alice, Erina isn't just her cousin. She is the closest thing she has to a sister, and what Azami did was try and sabotage that relationship that she valued. So it makes sense that she would feel strongly enough to try and repair it as best as she could.

Also why the whole Senzaemon asking Soma instead of Alice thing was soooooo moronic. Thankfully we got this development now.

I don't think its that hard to reconcile: Senzubean asked Soma because Soma's much more of a natural leader than Alice is. Among the first years, there's a large group of the most talented people and Soma is basically friends with all of them. Alice, Kurokiba and Hayama are all of similar or greater skill level but none of them are the type to actually get any kind of real resistance going. I mean, Soma mostly just disregarded Senzubean's request anyways and only actually did something once something he personally gave a fuck about was threatened.

Arabesque

I don't think its that hard to reconcile: Senzubean asked Soma because Soma's much more of a natural leader than Alice is. Among the first years, there's a large group of the most talented people and Soma is basically friends with all of them. Alice, Kurokiba and Hayama are all of similar or greater skill level but none of them are the type to actually get any kind of real resistance going. I mean, Soma mostly just disregarded Senzubean's request anyways and only actually did something once something he personally gave a fuck about was threatened.

If what Senzaemon said was "Please stop Azami from destroying Tootsuki" sure, I'd agree with what you wrote.

But what Senzaemon asked Soma was "Please save my granddaughter".

Soma might be the most natural born, happy go lucky leader type that can rally everyone on in the world, and it would still not make sense to ask him to help Erina rather than asking Alice, the one who regards Erina like a sister, to help her. It doesn't matter if Alice is an air head, when a family member she loves dearly is in trouble, she would jump in and help. Like she did.

Sure, we could say that the resistance started thanks to Soma, and that in turn allowed the others to step up and do their duty, but it doesn't help with Erina's spefic problem with Azami. You point out that Soma if friendly with almost all the first years. That's true, with the exception of Erina who up until Soma got 2nd at the end of the tournament couldn't stand him at all. So why go and ask the one guy his granddaughter hates to help her?

Senzaemon asking Soma still makes no sense. But thankfully he refused and we got Alice doing what she can, so things worked out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If what Senzaemon said was "Please stop Azami from destroying Tootsuki" sure, I'd agree with what you wrote.

But what Senzaemon asked Soma was "Please save my granddaughter".

Soma might be the most natural born, happy go lucky leader type that can rally everyone on in the world, and it would still not make sense to ask him to help Erina rather than asking Alice, the one who regards Erina like a sister, to help her. It doesn't matter if Alice is an air head, when a family member she loves dearly is in trouble, she would jump in and help. Like she did.

Sure, we could say that the resistance started thanks to Soma, and that in turn allowed the others to step up and do their duty, but it doesn't help with Erina's spefic problem with Azami. You point out that Soma if friendly with almost all the first years. That's true, with the exception of Erina who up until Soma got 2nd at the end of the tournament couldn't stand him at all. So why go and ask the one guy his granddaughter hates to help her?

Senzaemon asking Soma still makes no sense. But thankfully he refused and we got Alice doing what she can, so things worked out.

It can be basically assumed "save my granddaughter" is the same thing since it requires overthrowing Azami. As for the "one guy his granddaughter hates," I'm pretty sure that Sanzubean is aware she's a hardcore tsundere/ojou-type and will hate anyone who challenges her.

Furyous

Reincarnator 64

This chapter is an example of why this web novel is great and I hope one day someone serializes it manga form. Hansoo is fighting an opponent in his third year in this world. There's a point in earlier chapters where it's emphasized that people reach superhuman status in the first area. This series is basically survival mixed with option and a huge heaping of strategy.

Hansoo is outpowered but finds a way to solve this issue and succeed. How he gets there is why this series is great. The guy he's going up against would've killed normal newcomers but Hansoo is a survival expert.

Dragon Maken War 24

Main character who is older than everyone he meets is chastized for his appearance and a princess gives him the option of asking her for one favor. He asks for a shocking favor...

kodansha licenses Nekogahara: Stray Cat Samurai

Our first new print license of the day is Nekogahara: Stray Cat Samurai. This is a stylized action manga from Hiroyuki Takei, creator of the smash hit manga and anime Shaman King.

In medieval Japan, a bell hanging on the collar is a sign that a cat has a master. Norachiyo’s bell hangs from his katana sheath, but he is nonetheless a stray – a ronin. This one-eyed cat samurai travels across a dishonest world, cutting through pretense and deception with his blade.

The unique visual style of Nekogahara blends traditional Japanese ink painting with modern street art, perfectly suited for badass cat samurai action. Vol. 1 is coming this Fall. (English title tentative.)

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 160

Obvious Azami was not giving those letters to Erina. He is the reason for the friction both girls have with each other.

Don't know where this is going with Azami and the new Elites. Needs more of the 1st seat showing why he is #1.

Toriko - 364

Why even bother creating Don Slime? :(

well seeing as he now became actual nothingness we are technically back to square one

now Mappy needs to be eaten... oh and that Shark Train... bloody hell Neo should just basically eat every good character and have the series end that way

smurfx

get some go again
just popped in to say that toriko is too ridiculous at this point. the manga has to be ending soon because i don't know how much more powerful he can make characters. i'm sure we will soon find out that black holes are really just people or an animal eating galaxies because of hunger.

just popped in to say that toriko is too ridiculous at this point. the manga has to be ending soon because i don't know how much more powerful he can make characters. i'm sure we will soon find out that black holes are really just people or an animal eating galaxies because of hunger.

whale king moon is a black hole

but yeah Toriko is clearly being rushed by Shueisha to a ending

they are pushing a bunch of series towards the end (Nisekoi, Gintama, etc...) and Toriko is just one of them

Revo

Hero Union BBS 28 (end)

I'm going to miss this, it had such a nice feel and all the characters had great personalities.

Alice isn't even a top 5 Shokugeki girl TBQH

Hisako, Megumi, Rindo, Childhood friend, and Ryoko are all better then either Alice or Erina TBQH. Heck I'd put meat, yuki, and the stalker girl above them as well.

are these manga no longer popular?

no rather WSJ adopted the strategy of having a set number of series in a rooster before expansion

their new strategy I am guessing is in order to push newer series they need to trim the fat of certain old series that are still being serialized
Alice isn't even a top 5 Shokugeki girl TBQH

Hisako (sure), Megumi (okay), Rindo (Good Choice), Childhood friend (Uh).... blah,blah, everything turns into nonsense

yeah no

heck I even forgot Meat even existed until you mentioned her

fodder status character so low the two polar star delinquent dudes are slowing getting more panel time

no rather WSJ adopted the strategy of having a set number of series in a rooster before expansion

their new strategy I am guessing is in order to push newer series they need to trim the fat of certain old series that are still being serialized
yeah no

heck I even forgot Meat even existed until you mentioned her

fodder status character so low the two polar star delinquent dudes are slowing getting more panel time

Look I don't care much for Meat either, but I'd take her over the Narikiri girls, the only chapter of theirs I cared about was the spin off chapter where they go to the water park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom