• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! v1
So I finally got in the mood of checking out Mangaf's current darling and I have to say not bad at all. The original shtick is amusing yes but got kinda old pretty fast so I'm glad about the introduction of the side characters, Misuzu is my spirit animal. Dat reveal tho, didn't see that coming.

Famassu

Man, I'm reading the Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind manga and I have to say it's really tough to tell what's going on some times. Small panels full of planes that look very alike or loaded with plants and spores. Did anyone else struggle with this?
No. I don't remember having any problems with it. If anything, I remember it being pretty exemplary in how well one can always follow everything in it, especially all the action. There are some chaotic panels but those are usually of chaotic situations (i.e. Ohmus on a rampage destroying everything on their path). Paging through the manga now, I don't really see anything too hard to figure out. There are some highly detailed panels but I don't think the key elements/actions/figures ever get lost in that. Though my books are Viz's large editions that are much bigger than most mangas, I'm not sure if there are smaller editions that would make the panels harder to understand?

No. I don't remember having any problems with it. If anything, I remember it being pretty exemplary in how well one can always follow everything in it, especially all the action. There are some chaotic panels but those are usually of chaotic situations (i.e. Ohmus on a rampage destroying everything on their path). Paging through the manga now, I don't really see anything too hard to figure out. There are some highly detailed panels but I don't think the key elements/actions/figures ever get lost in that. Though my books are Viz's large editions that are much bigger than most mangas, I'm not sure if there are smaller editions that would make the panels harder to understand?

That's the version I have too I think. It's mostly a problem for me when in a dense area of the forest or when planes are exploding. I suspect it's mostly just because of my extremely limited experience with Manga.

Zweizer

Banned
Demi-chan wa Kataritai ch12

She's a bit too considerate for her own good.

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen ch12

He may be surrounded by yanderes, but we all know who is the best.

Maga-Tsuki ch56

Shoulda made it permanent.

Tokyo DTED ch16

Boring.

My Hero Academia 84

I really like Tsuyu's back story. It's time for Yaoyorozo to shine!

Black Cover 54

My bet on the traitor is Bowamoltie. He is the youngest captain in the kingdom and that group talked about having strong mana.

Qurupeke

TG :re 70
elJQ2Cx.png
Furuta vs Kaneki was great, but I doubt this is the last of Furuta. And I like Hinami more and more each chapter.

I hope Yomo will survive... somehow.

Soma

Prison School 205-209

It's like I'm reading a modern day depiction of Christ carrying his own cross to Calvary.

mdubs

Banned
Viz confirmed that print release of Platinum End starting this fall.

I am shocked I tell you, shocked! /s

Nice to get it this quickly though. They know that it will sell gangbusters no matter what

Akame ga Kill 69

As someone who reads this unironically and actually enjoys it, shit is starting to ramp up yo.

After reading this and the past couple chapters it is insane to think Esdeath isn't fuckdickulously powerful. Without using any of her OP ice powers she is capable of fighting toe to toe without a Teigu against a Teigu and user specifically designed for melee combat and push them back completely. Throw in her ice powers and you have chapters like that one where she fights 5 of the protagonists and manages to make them retreat and still kills one of them who uses his trump card to stall her.

Esdeath is the best.

Akame ga Kill 69

As someone who reads this unironically and actually enjoys it, shit is starting to ramp up yo.

After reading this and the past couple chapters it is insane to think Esdeath isn't fuckdickulously powerful. Without using any of her OP ice powers she is capable of fighting toe to toe without a Teigu against a Teigu and user specifically designed for melee combat and push them back completely. Throw in her ice powers and you have chapters like that one where she fights 5 of the protagonists and manages to make them retreat and still kills one of them who uses his trump card to stall her.

Esdeath is the best.

Her "canon" name is still fucking stupid

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Vinland Saga 126

lol got to love Thorkell and his man... bloody maniacs, obsessed with fighting

anyway that two time scheming Floki just realized that Thor's son is alive

not going to be good for Thorfin in the long run

This is a bit of a shame as far as I'm concerned because I was geniunely interested in what's going to happen next with their adventures. I don't mind the lack of action/fighting, though since this sort of storytelling is rather slow and the series is monthly (and chapters are short) it can get frustrating.

At any rate, even if Thorfinn finds out now, he's not going to do anything about it. That's what the whole second half of the manga has been about.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 70

I feel like that Yomo flashback was a little abrupt and could've been better placed elsewhere. I also got a headache looking at these fighting panels.

At least Furuta got fucked up. That's what's most important.

JoJolion 52

The body horror is going to some newfound extremes. Out of all the villainous people in JoJo, I think Damo is the first to outright torture and interrogate people.

dani_dc

Prison School 209

He's actually dead?
That's really unexpected, I mean obviously he'll resurrect within the next couple of chapters, but Jesus Christ.

If this chapter doesn't tell you who's the right girl for Kiyoshi I don't know what will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom