• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobohoro

Prison School 210

I'm back... on the Chiyo train

Like with Kyoshi being on that train, I don't get it.
Chiyo does nothing, while Hana continues to be the best.

Tomo-chan 285

Don't even think about kissing him. That would be too boring.
I want Jun to sleep-counterattack somehow.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Tomo-chan 285

She'll kiss him, but he'll unconsciously slip her some tongue.

Real Account vol 1 (ReRead) (Kodansha USA)

Excellent. I love having it in my hand to read and just enjoy again. Its so chillingly relevant at times and pretty thought provoking. I wish it had an anime, it needs to be embraced by all. Such a strong manga, really.

I cant wait to get to the ones with king of derp face yuuma please.

-
Only thing I didnt like in this was one of the translation notes as if Im supposed to know what VIPPERS or /b/tards are .

PK Gaming

Tomo-chan 285

If by nothing you mean saving his ass, (and subsequently saving the entire war effort) then I agree

Hana tried and fail, she just can't compare

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo 1030-1031

The fist stuff is OK, but the real thing is that upper he threw. I think it's finally time.

Hype levels rising.

Nordicus

Totsukuni no Shoujo 5

Oh look, a bad cooking bit that doesn't make me roll my eyes and is actually kinda cute
FyH7bCl.jpg

That ending tho...

http://i.imgur.com/otWD6SB.gifv

Moonlight

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 160

I can't really lie to myself any more. Alice is the best. Tadokoro will need to languish in second place. She's just so fucking rad.

I think the new 'reserve Elite 10' are pretty boring as villains, though. Tattoo dude especially is just kinda... lame. Between him, Eizan's groupies and Azami, it's being really heavy-handed over how much you're supposed to dislike these characters and their elitist attitudes, but it's just too much for me. They're irritating, but I don't really care about seeing them defeated more than I just want them to like... leave.

Didn't help tattoo dude's gimmick just made me realize it's been a while since we've seen Alice herself cook. :(

As far as the actual Elite 10 goes, kitty baker is OK, I guess. Rindou is still the best by far, though; especially in the cat theme department.

Oh, and Erina's been surprisingly not awful for a while now (as long as she's not sharing a scene with Azami). She plays off the existing Polar Star cast better than I thought she would, at least.

Yeah, that was bizarre. Just ending mid-thought like that.

I'm definitely interested in seeing what Ippo is on the verge of adding to his arsenal.

On one hand the evolved Dempsey Roll is clearly paralleling him developing it in the first place after his loss to Date but on the other hand I kinda wished he would work on his defense rather than a new Sunday punch. He's been taking too many hits. Then again that maybe because of his bullshit bad luck when it comes to opponents.

Kurita

Full Metal Alchemist is getting :kurita:
Yamada Ryosuke (the guy who plays the MC of the AssClass movies) mentioned during a press event that he'll star in the live-action adaptation.

Kurita

Oh wait no, it's just a prank. People spread the word using 銅の錬金術師 (so, Full Copper Alchemist) which caused confusion cause the first kanji looks like 鋼 (Metal, steel) LMAO

EDIT : actually I don't know. It's a mess. There's that + a real website reporting it but they might have been fooled too. Let's wait for an official confirmation LOL

Lexxism

Major 2nd 1-12

Damnnnn. I didn't know that there's a sequel to the baseball anime that I love so much. It's kinda funny that Goro's son is a catcher and Satou's is a pitcher.

Nanatsu no Taizai

Ah the the real original Holy Knight is still alive... had a feeling that would be the case

Gowther being a target for the Kingdom is interesting now.... and lol at that invisible fairy being that dudes friend (some people assumed he was just crazy)

Surprisingly Arthur's Kingdom is completely dead... well that sucks

Murcielago 42

Needed a little humor after that super dark arc. Hinako day is best day. The last 4 panels had me in stitches.

Unbalance School Life

Oh neat, a new manga from the Kono wa Fiction whatever guy. I like his art. Even if Kono wa had the biggest non-ending ever.

Oh boy. Surely his handling of a trans character will be better than Japan normally does it. Surely.

...nope. Ugh. Doesn't help that this translation is fucking abhorrent. When people complain about Nintendo Treehouse localizations just show them this to shut them the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom