• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Iinazuke Kyoutei 31

Been awhile since Koyuki has been the star of any chapter. Good way to wrap up the trip.

A lack of intreast to find out or just too much trouble to follow what comes when and where?

Honestly I follow so many series that I can't keep up where each appears and follow so many genres that where a series appears doesn't matter much to me. I mainly pay attention to authors; if I like their work I try to follow them wherever they publish.

I think its the same reason people are disappointed about where Attack on Titan went?

Powerless main character has to fight against enemies he can't beat?

Oh, he gets the strongest power 5 chapters in.

(Big Time Boku Hero spoilers)
It's literally killing him tho. Like, it's crippling his body because he's so overeager to be a hero and be useful to people that he is fucking himself. And even with such an OP ability he isn't even close to learning how to control it in that body of his. Every single fight except muscle man he needed his friends to help otherwise he never would've won, utilizing his strategies. He lost the tournament. Hand-face man almost kills him; twice! Even this most recent fight where he finally pulls out a victory by himself he almost CRIPPLES his arms and makes them useless. Deku is far, FAR from just powering his way through everything and has been shown to lose or get beat constantly and when he does it is devastatingly at that. I wouldn't consider him just effortlessly getting this OP power at all.

Cwarrior

Amazed by the amount of people who are being introduced to mha being upset the series didn't make Deku Batman.

Well the manga could of been something better if deku stayed under powered but relayed on his vast superhero knowledge and wit to make up for his short comings but sadly the mangka took the vastly less interesting route and gave him the strongest hero power of them all.

For example the exact moment attack of the Titan went to shit, is when the author chickened out off killing off eren and brought him back as a shitty chosen one Titan power up.

I have to give props to the author of world trigger for having mega huge balls even after 100 chapter the mc in world trigger is still a guy born with below average talent and power then everyone around him but due to him understanding his own lack of ability, it's made him rely on tactics that take his ability, his enemy's ability, the terrain and his squad mates ability into consideration making him a dangerous tactical squad leader.

Pretty much

World trigger > my hero academe > attack on Titan

Well the manga couldn't of been something better if deku stayed under powered but relayed on his vast superhero knowledge and wit to make up for his short comings but sadly the mangka took the vastly less interesting route and gave him the strongest hero power of them all.

For example the exact moment attack of the Titan went to shit, is when the author chickened out off killing off eren and brought him back as a shitty chosen one Titan power up.

I have to give props to the author of world trigger for having mega huge balls even after 100 chapter the mc in world trigger is still a guy born with below average talent and power then everyone around him but due to him understanding his own lack of ability, it's made him rely on tactics that take his ability, his enemy's ability, the terrain and his squad mates ability into consideration making him a dangerous tactical squad leader.

Pretty much

World trigger > my hero academe > attack on Titan

World Trigger honestly frustrates me, because it keeps building up Osamu with absolutely no payoff

Also, Deku's abilties as they are now aren't even stronger than many of his other classmates, let alone the strongest ever.
And World Trigger's power scale in general is far more down to earth, which is why Osamu can get away with tactics. Even the super powerful Black Triggers aren't really that impressive compared to many of the powers in MHA

Osamu isn't the mc of World Trigger Yuma is and he's one of the biggest specials in the series.

I mean, you could argue they're deuteragonists. And Osamu is aiming for number 1 as part of a team, whereas Deku is aiming for number 1 on his own. The only way for that to work with a powerless character in a super power series is for every other character to be complete morons compared to the MC, since as is even brought up in World Trigger, tactics alone won't be enough if your opponent also has tactics AND talent

Cwarrior

Osamu isn't the mc of World Trigger Yuma is and he's one of the biggest specials in the series.

Yuma is more along for the ride while the story told mainly from Osamu perspective and it's mainly his goal that drives the story and his duty to help out his friends (finding chika brother,getting back replica and helping out Yuma with his dieing body).

It's made pretty clear when Yuma and Chika our happy to follow him, whatever decision he decides to make.

But the story has branched out to give several characters fleshing out and there own screen time.

I love how in ability Osamu makes baby steps in becoming more competent in solo combat instead of becoming the business over night and at the same time the characters around him also progress instead of having the stand still.

Hero Academia 1-caught up

This is a well-done if unremarkable shounen action series that actually knows how to treat its side characters.

However, I have 2 major problems with it; Stain and Bakugou. The treatment of the former by the narrative is just super bizarre to me. He's worthy of respect because of his ideology and even has toys made of because he's popular in the greater public? The guy's an anti-establishment serial killer with a myopic view of heroism. He's not even a vigilante, as we've seen legitimately cool people being taken down by him. He's not some anti-hero or even Frank Castle, he's a lunatic. Would be like people unironically making toys of ISIS, or on a lesser scale, some school shooter or something. Maybe that's the point and it's meant as commentary on people's fascination with dark stuff that exists in reality?

Bakugou on the other hand REALLY pisses me off. Not just him, but again how the narrative treats him. Oh, he's some badass anti-hero that doesn't play by anyone's rules but his own? No, he's an arrogant fuckhead bully that encouraged his childhood friend to commit suicide. The fact Deku, someone whose meek identity was partially shaped by this asshole, sees him as a friend is total bullshit to me, and that the class in general is fine with him is similarly fucked up. Anytime anyone speaks about him positively or shows genuine concern about him, not because it's the right thing to do as he's a classmate, but because he's someone worth being concerned about is really souring me on the current arc. I'd be cool if he pulled a Sasuke, but only if the rest of the cast saw him for the villain he is even if they do so reluctantly.

Jintor

horimiya

I read a few chapters this morning before getting ready for work since I haven't looked at it in a while.

it's still ~good~ and there's amusing moments and stuff but it's really just coasting... wish the guys were more visually distinct.

also started and immediately dropped Maken-ki and some fucking manga about a dude having to choose a bride and having to run a landlord house that looked real shitty.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 11-12

Glad to see this back.
I didn't expect the flip phone ruining the plan.

Viz manga release day, fairly decent month. Picked up a few.
tumblr_o58tnfsMtM1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

Manga Sales March 28th - April 3rd

*1. 208,765 208,765 Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Vol.2
*2. 134,955 134,955 One Piece Vol.81 (Note manga officially released on April 4th)
*3. *84,087 730,897 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.6
*4. *70,240 220,609 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.21
*5. *63,968 136,637 Saki Vol.15
*6. *61,068 *61,068 Blue Giant Vol.8
*7. *57,176 192,930 Giant Killing Vol.39
*8. *56,068 452,930 Terra Formars Vol.16
*9. *50,868 106,156 Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet Vol.3
10. *47,414 893,081 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.18

11. *46,728 *46,728 Break Blade Vol.15
12. *45,842 271,232 Major 2nd Vol.4
13. *44,712 *44,712 Mujaki no Rakuen Vol.9
14. *43,998 *43,998 Kuroneko Kareshi no Afurekata Vol.2
15. *43,323 360,756 Fairy Tail Vol.54
16. *41,413 *56,293 Kagerou Daze Vol.8
17. *40,918 121,150 Kou no Dori Vol.13
18. *40,011 302,672 JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Vol.12
19. *37,730 *37,730 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.19
20. *36,667 *55,030 Aoharu x Kikanjuu Vol.9

21. *35,741 *35,741 12-ji kara Hajimaru
22. *32,904 *66,003 Kuzu no Honkai Vol.6
23. *32,679 809,210 Haikyuu!! Vol.20
24. *32,421 125,507 World Trigger Official Databook: Border Briefing File
25. *30,258 240,101 Skip Beat! Vol.38
26. *29,029 *68,485 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Vol.6
27. *27,140 101,468 Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shite Ita. Vol.3
28. *26,349 186,404 Himouto! Umaru-chan Vol.8
29. *26,241 192,805 Noragami Vol.16
30. *25,835 336,281 Chihayafuru Vol.31

31. *25,525 138,046 Golden Kamuy Vol.6
32. *24,486 *64,027 Shinohayu: the Dawn of Age Vol.6
33. *23,779 *27,591 Swan: Doitsu-hen Vol.1
34. *22,267 305,691 Barakamon Vol.13
35. *21,801 307,751 Mahoutsukai no Yome Vol.5
36. *21,328 *64,375 Madowanai Hoshi Vol.1
37. *20,744 *20,744 Touken Ranbu Online Anthology: Shutsujin
38. *20,120 *45,893 Dimension W Vol.10
39. *19,659 *34,052 A-Channel Vol.7
40. *18,570 156,769 Hajime no Ippo Vol.113

41. *18,318 144,109 Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Vol.9
42. *18,225 *18,225 Juuhan Shuttai! Vol.7
43. *18,205 *48,742 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Vol.7
44. *18,189 934,197 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.17
45. *18,027 *37,929 4-gatsu no Kimi, Spica. Vol.4
46. *17,952 *31,313 Kimi to dake wa Koi ni Ochinai Vol.1
47. *17,832 *17,832 Tokusatsu Gagaga Vol.6
48. *17,712 *37,861 Ani ni Aisaresugite Komattemasu Vol.3
49. *17,660 *34,454 Taiyou ga Miteiru (kamo Shirenai kara) Vol.4
50. *17,482 205,106 Golden Kamuy Vol.1

Jintor

I've given Biscuit Hammer like 20, 25 chapters and I'm still not feeling it. Have I put in the time sufficient to say "I guess I don't really feel super heavily about this" and drop it?

Lain

Henshin 7 [END] by ShindoL RAW

Damn, I kept hoping for a good end here (dropping the drugs, delivering the baby and pulling her life back on track), and someone might argue that the last few panel, although imaginary, is as good an end as she could have gotten given how ShindoL developed the story, but still... depressing as fuck.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Manga Sales March 28th - April 3rd

*1. 208,765 208,765 Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Vol.2

50. *17,482 205,106 Golden Kamuy Vol.1

I have a feeling the first one going to get anime adaptation soon...

Golden Kamuy number is great for a manga not in Shonen Jump

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 13

Yes Kaguya, you're a pervert.
lol, they're afraid of drinking Luwak coffee. Shit (pun intended) was expensive, they better savor it while they have the chance

Furumapura 3

Man, only the 3rd chapter and already we've got shameless hand-holding and marriage talk. Give it another volume and they'll be doing lewd things with those signs.

Lain

I tried to read the Spanish translation for the School-Live! donjon by 02, Tomodachi (Kari) and I did get something out of it (it always amazes me how certain things are pretty easy to read despite not knowing the language), though not enough to comment on it. I did get the feeling it's something A Huge Battleship might like.

Zweizer

Banned
Tsugumomo ch88

Suddenly, a tournament. Befitting an action series I guess.

Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu ch20

Who wouldn't want to be together with such a hard-working classmate~?

Tsukushi Mates ch53-60

Ah, the joys of studying together.

I tried to read the Spanish translation for the School-Live! donjon by 02, Tomodachi (Kari) and I did get something out of it (it always amazes me how certain things are pretty easy to read despite not knowing the language), though not enough to comment on it. I did get the feeling it's something A Huge Battleship might like.
The author name sounds familiar for some reason, but I can't remember where I've heard it befor-

-nope nope nope nope. Appreciate the thought, but this guy's too extreme even for me!
Though I did kinda enjoy his Touhou fatalities doujin so I'd probably still check it out if it was in English, despite having not read/watched School-Live yet.

Ive been watching the anime and reached the sad episode where Megu-nee was being removed from the ED scenes and stuff, she was like one of the best. And now seeing her on this cover :( :( :(

Zweizer

Banned
Tatoe Hai ni natte mo ch4

My, I wonder what kind of plan (s)he has in mind.

Boku Girl ch74

That was worth a shot.

Now we can finally focus a bit on Loki I guess.

denki-gai no honya-san 30 - 54

Finally got caught up on this. Nice to see some slight relationship development going on.
Although now that I'm caught up, time to wait forever for updates.

Kengan Asura 25

Yo, why we need another secretary, Yamashita already got bestcretary.

Also calm yourself Ohma, you got a tournament to kill these dudes don't kill them all before it even starts.

I am sorta curious if the hot pants girl fighter was chosen from those assassin dudes. I kinda want to see a girl fighter since all realism was thrown out of this manga like 24 chapters ago.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach chapter that took 30 seconds to read > Bleach chapter that is nothing but dialogue explaining how thing works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom