• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 669

So basically just going berserk

One Piece 822

Vivi is on the move... I wonder if she is going to Sanji's weeding?

Anyway everyone split up again

Toriko 366

Acacia came along...Jirou was wrecking all the Nitro before then lol

Kyuur

Bleach

Quite possibly the best Bleach chapter in a long, long time. At least they got one thing right this arc (unless it gets screwed up next chapter).

One Piece

Such a good chapter and a great finish to one of the best arcs in One Piece. Hope the follow up is just as good, seems like Oda is getting into his groove again.

They already mentioned it back in Dressrosa, but the fact that the snailphones are actual living creatures surprises me everytime. :lol: Loved the reaction to Franky and Robin talking about making some comms.

New climatact is awesome, love Usopp/Nami interactions. Sometimes I forget Usopp is an inventor too thanks to Franky's joining. All the group shots near the end were wonderful too, the New World cast has really grown on me. Awesome classic Luffy exit and then... VIVI! So exciting, wonder if we'll actually see the Reverie or just hear its aftermaths.

I wonder if Pekoms knows how to energy bend.

LeleSocho

Banned
One Piece
This arc keeps on delivering, i'm happy that Oda got his stuff together once again... now i only have to hope for the return of 1vs1 battles once again when the time comes.

Toriko
RIP Jirou but also lol at Nitros not doing a scratch on him.

phaze

Manga Sales March 28th - April 3rd

*3. *84,087 730,897 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.6

Slightly bigger sales than been the case lately. Furuta/Eto/Kaneki powah.

Tsurezure children

4komas about young love.

Atonnnne of characters, but my favorite pairing is definitely the sukeban and the student council president

Oh, the two apathetic students are also great.

And the... Hell they don't even really fit into archetypes.

My faves are: heck i don't remember a single name from the series. And there are at least 7 identical male characters:

But: The couple with the annoying younger sister, the foreign exchange (sushi!) and the two apathetic students you mentioned.

Kyuur

Toriko

Jirou is a beast. I mean yeah, time knocking, but he can knock damage done to himself for (if I'm understanding 'Eternal Knocking' right)an infinite amount of time. Can he even be killed?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki spoilers look dumb.

Soma gets a shokugeki with Eishi for the No. 1 seat.

Toriko

Pretty hype chapter.

Jirou better actually cause some massive damage to Neo. Don Slime was not a really interesting character, but Jirou actually has some significance, plus it said even Acacia was intimated by his strength and thus he sealed it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I think it'll be interesting to see where this goes
, since Soma will obviously not win

I wouldn't be surprised if Erina stops the match since most of the chapter is Erina returning to class and deciding to fight back against Azami.

bobohoro

I've given Biscuit Hammer like 20, 25 chapters and I'm still not feeling it. Have I put in the time sufficient to say "I guess I don't really feel super heavily about this" and drop it?

On one hand, you should kinda be into the characters by this point, on the other hand, it's a rare series that gets progressively better and finishes on its highest note. Give it another 10, then you're halfway through and might as well finish it.
Although forcing things is never the best way to go about it.
So...just follow your heart?

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 119

I'm on this sinking ship until I drown.

Bleach 669

Basically Kaioken Kenpachi?

Bleach 669

At least Zaraki was in such a Hulk Rage state that he couldn't take time to explain what his Bankai did.

One Piece 822

Holy shit does this mean Nami will FIGHT?

And what at that last page

wheeplash

Bleach 669

snoop.gif

Bakugou on the other hand REALLY pisses me off. Not just him, but again how the narrative treats him. Oh, he's some badass anti-hero that doesn't play by anyone's rules but his own? No, he's an arrogant fuckhead bully that encouraged his childhood friend to commit suicide. The fact Deku, someone whose meek identity was partially shaped by this asshole, sees him as a friend is total bullshit to me, and that the class in general is fine with him is similarly fucked up. Anytime anyone speaks about him positively or shows genuine concern about him, not because it's the right thing to do as he's a classmate, but because he's someone worth being concerned about is really souring me on the current arc. I'd be cool if he pulled a Sasuke, but only if the rest of the cast saw him for the villain he is even if they do so reluctantly.
Thank you. You have no idea how much I agree with this. Bakugou has tried to seriously harm Deku on multiple occasions yet somehow he hasn't been expelled yet and even worse, everyone (even Deku) seems to empathize with him and make excuses for his actions.

One Piece 822:
This arc has been delivering so far. Lots of great little moments in this chapter. And holy shit at Vivi coming back. There's something I really didn't see coming.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Toriko

Pretty hype chapter.

Jirou better actually cause some massive damage to Neo. Don Slime was not a really interesting character, but Jirou actually has some significance, plus it said even Acacia was intimated by his strength and thus he sealed it.

Jirou is basically:

cant-touch-this.gif

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

Holy crap. This manga is adorable. It's basically about this kid who is constantly made fun of and teased and embarassed by the girl next to him and he keeps trying to tease and embarass her but it always blows up in his face. It's only twenty or so chapters now so it's still endearing and cute, I just don't know how much it can keep the same shtick up considering how obvious it is that she teases him because she likes him.

convo

Toriko
Even the prospect of getting decapitated was too much for his kid but here we have Jirou not giving a fuck about actually getting his head removed from his body.

One Piece
Nice to see Vivi again. Luffy getting Pekoms back was really funny, i wonder why the minks have to look over him that much?

Revo

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches 201

Ooh the skimpy swimsuit.
Okay I guess that qualifies as being related to the plot.

BL of the Dead 1
CfexZoeW8AAYD_z.jpg

Story was short but kind of emotional when you think about zombie apocalypse and two dudes left behind to try to make the cure but they fail, then one guy reveals he kind of had feelings for his coworker and now at the time of death he still cant admit it but at least gets to kiss him. I teared up.

Jintor

On one hand, you should kinda be into the characters by this point, on the other hand, it's a rare series that gets progressively better and finishes on its highest note. Give it another 10, then you're halfway through and might as well finish it.
Although forcing things is never the best way to go about it.
So...just follow your heart?

my heart says zzzzzz

also tempted to do a few ellen-sensei 4komas

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 162 Raw/Spoilers
Erina Fan Service. Also looks like Soma vs Tsukasa.

Spoiler
I read a spoiler saying that it's a shokugeki for Soma joining Central as Tsukasa's assistant. If Soma wins he is #1 in the School. Tsukasa doesn't care about Soma's cooking and thinks Soma will take his cooking to another level.

Bleach

Damn kenpachi is a badass

One Piece

Great chapter. I wonder who the other groups are gonna be. That was such a luffy exit lol. Is the reverie finally happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom