• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamada-kun 201

Oh my that swimsuit.... Reread the series since it has been awhile since I read it (hence I forgot some stuff) but one chapter barely gets through some stuff.... way better to read this series in bulk

Anyway him seeing the Chairperson's future only for it to be the same thing he wants him and Shiraishi to do means that likely some witch power if involved in that future

likely the body switch?

Boku no Hero Academia 86

nice to see there is a douche bag journalist that will try to manipulate the interview

makes things more real with consequences from the press

Oh man it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better writing if Bakugou didn't turn evil even if there is the possibility of seeing All Might lose

hopefully neither Bakugou or Todoroki ever turn evil... Lastly two locations? I thought there was only one.... seem like All Might is about to enter a trap

Attack on Titan 80

You got to be kidding me on the Armored Titan being back to 100%... The un-needed pages of those new recruits fearing death was pointless :/

I mean you could've cut out a bunch of that and used the pages with more efficiency

oh well.... R.I.P

ReAca 29
CfjktsJWcAEOZgw.jpg

Finally his despair face!

Pretty epic chapter since Yuuma is the smartest around. All those reveals for the country of despair even.

Imma be honest, and this is probably cause I'm drunk at a after work drinking meeting but I don't get the love for Dungeon Meshi. It's cute but you'd think it's fucking Dostoevsky the way people talk about it.

That's how you get shit like the sacrifice of the Prometheus' crew...

but those new fodder really aren't even important

no one will care... heck it would be 100% better for them in general since we at least didn't see them whine before they went to their deaths

Twin Star Exorcists V4 (chp 12 - 14)

Hm I cant wait for this to be animated, especially the long drawn out battle of 13 and 13.5. Though I wish Rokuro could have got the power up and not Benio. How will he catch up to her skill level if she is not significantly more powerful than he is? It could be considered unique for doing that though I hope he gets powered up fast.

Yuto is actually a great antagonist so I hope he doesn't get killed off.

MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Ok. Here is what I have for you all so far -

Akito -

Akira
Nausicaa
Yotsuba (Not serious?)

AquaWateria

Kokou no Hito
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
B-Dubs -

Fuuka

DakkuMauji -

Eyeshield 21
Oresame Teacher
Hoshin Engi

Dresden -

Oyasumi Punpun

Droplet -

Vinland Saga
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Oyasumi Punpun

Dedication Through Light -

Medaka Box
Eyeshield 21

Jintor -

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
One Piece up to the Timeskip (chapter 598)
Lone Wolf and Cub

mdubs -

Slam Dunk
Twin Spica
Pluto

MetroidPrimeRib -

Vagabond
7 Seeds
Mob Psycho 100
Akagi

Semblance -

Please Save my Earth
Fourteen
Sanctuary

striferser -

Takemitsu Zamurai

TheFlow -

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Berserk
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

TheRealTalker -

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Parts 5-8
Fist of the North Sta
Gundam the Origin

Upandaway -

Tamayura Kitsune
Nukoduke
How to Make a Gentle World
Zweizer ~

I am a Hero
Historie
Mob Psycho 100

If I missed anything, tell me.

Droplet

Hopefully Diamond is Unbreakable anime will spur me on to read the rest of Jojo. I can do it I just can't figure out what's happening anymore! :(

So...are there any current/recent josei romances I should be reading?

It's Difficult to Love an Otaku is super cute. I also really like Mizutama Puzzle. Both are pretty short, I'm not good with long dramatic romances.

Wow. This sounds really interesting. Imma have to start reading it. Thanks!

So rarely is there a manga that handles LGBT issues with any sort of deftness or respect so to see there may be another one out there makes me really happy.

Otouto no Otto is another good recent one.

Magi - 301~302

Sinbad finally lets his true self out, he ruthlessly destroys Kou's hopes. Hopefully now Alibaba will move on from idolizing him.

Zweizer

Banned
Imma be honest, and this is probably cause I'm drunk at a after work drinking meeting but I don't get the love for Dungeon Meshi. It's cute but you'd think it's fucking Dostoevsky the way people talk about it.

It's mainly because it's a welcome breath of fresh air during a wave of shitty fantasy/MMO LN adaptations. Sure, it's not especially deep, but it has a great mix of adventure, creativity, humor and lack of pretentiouness that makes it wholly enjoyable through and through.

Shengar wrote a far more in-depth analysis of Dungeon Meshi about what makes it work.

MANGA NEW YEARS BACKLOG CLUB

Ok. Here is what I have for you all so far -

If I missed anything, tell me.

I'm currently reading I Am a Hero, though I keep getting sidetracked.

hi fellas

Heya~

Droplet

Wait Zweizer SOS: A couple months ago I was reading a yuri where two girls met at a rave or club. I don't really remember anything aside from the girlfriend being a DJ or at least into DJing and also being super cute.

I have no idea how I found this or even if it was ongoing or not. I remember I wanted to post it here but I don't think I ever did. Does anyone know it?

Zweizer

Banned
Wait Zweizer SOS: A couple months ago I was reading a yuri where two girls met at a rave or club. I don't really remember anything aside from the girlfriend being a DJ or at least into DJing and also being super cute.

I have no idea how I found this or even if it was ongoing or not. I remember I wanted to post it here but I don't think I ever did. Does anyone know it?

You're probably thinking of After Hours by Nishio Yuuta.

Zweizer

Banned
So it is. I can finally finish this...although according to my computer, I only have one chapter of releases left. Thank you! :D

You're welcome~

Though do keep in mind that translations of the series are currently in jeopardy, due to a C&D from Shogakukan. Hopefully it means it'll get localized soon however.

Attack on Titan 80

The upcoming asspull is going to be amazing because I have no fucking idea how they will survive this slaughter. Its a little too hopeless.

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch212

Snap out of it Andre!

New Game ch31

It can be painful when the disciple competes with the master.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch26.5

Kids these days are so mature.

dani_dc

Attack on Titan 80

The upcoming asspull is going to be amazing because I have no fucking idea how they will survive this slaughter. Its a little too hopeless.

Erwin death has been long incoming, I don't think he'll survive this, even if he somehow does he'll die soon (he's one of the few characters I expect to die by the end of the series).

Either way, Eren has the power to control Titans but isn't aware of it (or at least how to use it), I'm guessing he'll become aware of it in the next couple of chapters.

Prison School ch212

Snap out of it Andre!

You can't snap out of true love.

attack on titan 80

This is a sad chapter, I think Levi gave Erwin the serum so that he survives. How anyone else survives I don't know. I think a better plan would be waking up eren and using his hardening ability/body as a shield to force monkey titans hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom