• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
I've been reading a fair amount of manga, just haven't found the time to sit on the PC and write about them.

Just last few weeks I went through Rin, Ressentiment, I am Hero, and Boys on the Run!

Wanted to write some thoughts about them but only got around to do so about "I am Hero" :(

You went through all of Kengo Hanazawa at once? Oh boy.

Currently reading I am a Hero myself, though I'm not caught up yet.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yozakura quartet vol. 1-12 (reread)
Bought them 2nd hand.
So here is a manga about town filled with Youkai and human, and there's nanagou, seven big pillar that are supposedly come from another world.
We have a group of human and youkai working together to fight against evil youkai to being peace into the world and avoiding imminent destruction cause by human and youkai world merging together.

Fun action series, with a lot of fanservice. Early part was a mess, but i like it when the author start focusing on character growth. Nothing too special, but i like Suzuhito Yasuda art. Oh right, the anime (the new one) is a whole another beast, displaying some of the best sakuga moment in the style of webgen animation.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looks like a few more chapters of I am Hero were translated. This story has definitly gone some places I wasn't expecting and I'm honestly still not sure where its going. We now have super human mutants, giant the Thing like flesh monsters, and all other sorts of craziness.

Arabesque

Horikoshi apperently injured his left shoulder

T0RBN9C.jpg

Food Wars

Azami's plan doesnt seem realistic, actually it could be realistic but I dont know how it would really be able to provide a food market for small towns and rural communities. Wouldnt the true gourmet idea proposed be too pricey for lots of areas. Diners and cafeterias arent pricey places so I would be concerned for the food market for people who just want a fast dinner or lunch that is still adequetly tasty.

Also I guess this isnt a real Shokugeki (no judges, etc) so Soma ought to win.

upandaway

Food Wars

Azami's plan doesnt seem realistic, actually it could be realistic but I dont know how it would really be able to provide a food market for small towns and rural communities. Wouldnt the true gourmet idea proposed be too pricey for lots of areas. Diners and cafeterias arent pricey places so I would be concerned for the food market for people who just want a fast dinner or lunch that is still adequetly tasty.
Even aside from whether it's realistic or not, I still don't get it. I don't understand how doing that would help food get better.

World Trigger 140

Well this and BLack Clover join Haikyuu for the three jump manga Im litrally begging for more at the end of reading a chapter a week.

He ended the chapter just as it got epic :(

Neko to Ookami 1-3 (END)
At first I was trying to figure out what kind of weirdo would willingly eat mint chocolate ice-cream. But, uh, I get it now. This was an unsettling story about the relationship between a kitten and a wolf. Its twisted cuteness and complementary art allowed it to punch above its short weight.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

They skipped the ceremony and ended up in New York? What a missed opportunity to have Onodera tell Ichijo her feelings before this fateful encounter. :(

I'm sure they're going to New York just so they can rub it in to Chitoge that Onodera wins

Nisekoi

So they already graduated right? Hence why Chitoge can work and stuff.

Shame, I wanted them to become an actual couple and develop in school kinda of like (another manga)
jitsu wa watashi and Asahi and XXXX
. It'd be kind of lame to end it once one of them wins the harem war.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

So they already graduated right? Hence why Chitoge can work and stuff.

Shame, I wanted them to become an actual couple and develop in school kinda of like (another manga)
jitsu wa watashi and Asahi and XXXX
. It'd be kind of lame to end it once one of them wins the harem war.

No, its just summer vacation. School starts in Spring in Japan.

Revo

Birdmen 23

Authoritative Karasuma so scary.
Wonder if sagisawa is awakening his powers or just his natural ability.

Aki-at

Assassination Classroom - END

What a fitting conclusion to such a lovable character, I got to admit that Korosensei's passing itself wasn't what got me, what got me was his final acts of making sure his students had every material possible for their life and goals.

Seeing how everyone has moved forward was great and how the kid's plan on honouring their departed teacher. I'll admit I think the final chapter ends kind of abrupt (And I guess its implied Nagisa and Kayano are going to have kids) so I was a bit disappointed on that.

Other than that everything was perfect, although I was almost hoping that Korosensei would appear in human form having tricked death but I know such a cheap plot twist would just damage the themes and narrative of this series. A fun ride, a great read and cool characters, loved my time with class 3E and Korosensei.

Food Wars

I guess if you don't have time or money for gourmet food, then you just eat at home or starve. Because that's reasonable.

Angry Grimace

Food Wars

Uh, no, his plan is incredibly idiotic.

He's the principal of a technical school.

yami4ct

Was it ever disclosed what Togashi actually suffers from?

As was mentioned, it was back issues. I vaguely remember him mentioning it didn't help that he had gained some weight as well. Seems like he's dropped some pounds and is feeling much better. I wish him the best! Hope he can stay in good health long term.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!
Things have now moved onto study sessions, and somehow it's not surprising Cotton Candy is consistently stealing the spotlight. Misuzu's gonna keep getting bigger and bigger Ls at this rate.

Custom Maid ch.5 - 7
Looking at Masaki's older sister, I honestly wish I had her special ability. Feel less bad about the days where I don't have any work.

Netgame no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta? ch. 17
In this chapter, serious discussion about the importance of online & offline guides and how useless playing a game blind is takes place. Given experience with the latter, I can certainly agree. Surprises are overrated.

Also I've just realized I still continue to read this even though Ako hasn't had any really crazy Yandere freak outs since that one moment early on, and part of that I think might be that the most of the focus isn't on the specifics of the crew's exploits inside the MMO. Putting more focus on making Ako an acceptable member of society and exploring other bits of otaku culture outside of that specific game has kept me going. Not amazing, but still decent and readable.

Now excuse me as I go back to suffering through my leg pain and post more impressions in another week or two.

MANUELF

Banned
Fairy Tail 482
So now Erza is related to someone of the Alvarez army?

Nanatsu no Taizai 171
This is now Meliodas party and the ten commandment are not invited

Nisekoi 214
Chitoge doing all that work and perfectly at that she is truly blessed, I envy her talent :/

Kyuur

So I subbed to Viz Jump: is there any easy way to download the releases locally? A page by page PDF or something would be extremely cool; I wonder how much it would cost to print a binded copy.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
My manga reading app lost track of all the chapters I was on and now I've lost everything. ):

I really should've consider getting manga reading app. Been forgetting a lot of obscure manga title.

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun 76

I want my own Mikoshiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom