• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Kokuo no Hito 146
knh76uw5.jpg

Well that escalated quickly.

I have to say, Takemura's motivations for going up K2 border or on ridiculous, especially his pining and obsession on the point of girl happened to be his first but who he knew barely for a day.

Revo

Kiba no Tabishounin - The Arms Peddler 58

Ooh, a gatling. But now we got this recording stuff which will take forever to be revealed.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Golden kamui 41
Tossed around by an orca while sporting huge boner. What a way to die. This arc deliver the dark comedy so damn good. I can't stop laughing everytime that pyscho think how sugimoto will murder him

Got caught up with Nisekoi again.
it's becoming more painfully obvious that it ain't gonna be onodera. ):

poor onoderamom, she loses out on gangster genes TWICE

onodera did nothing wrong

Revo

Keijo!!!!!!!! 86

Setouchi winning by a nipple
Think my favorite fight from the bo3 was the plane fight, the super flip idea was great.

she sat on an automatic w the whole series not cashing it in at this point she deserves the L

Revo

7 Deadly Sins 172

Hopefully ban and the like get a power up so they can at least double-triple team them in the future.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 316/317

Three things that I got currently from these recent chapters

1. Fluff is perfect in all forms and everyone is beneath her (and she likely knows it)

2. Jealousy is a weak emotion

3. the author hates Misuzu Gundou

Zweizer

Banned
Hyper Girls Battle Orgia ch2

Ayup, definitely :AHB.

Not too fond of the technical terms and rules being thrown around, but the art is pretty at least.

The Kimagure Orange Road kickstarter that I just found out about today, is now up to $103,357 of is like $35k goal. The cool thing is that they are relasing all 6 volumes now regardless of stretch goals.

I also started a thread on it, in my hype.

Seriously this was great news for me, I've been waiting for a print release of the manga for about 20 years now. It feels great to finally get it. I know it's old, so not a lot of people care, but it really is a touchstone manga. So I kinda wanted to share my joy.

I would be hype, but it's 3 volume omnibuses, I can barely handle double volumes.

I see what you're saying. I'd prefer smaller volumes myself but I'm just so thrilled to see this happening. It's crazy it's taken so long for such an influential series to see a real release here. KOR was huge in the early us fandom. But rights and timing never worked.

Not many seem to care though.

LeleSocho

Banned
6 volumes? I'm pretty sure i have 18 volumes of KOR...

Yep i just checked and my Italian version is 18 volumes... what is the original number of volumes in Japan?

*listening Italian KOR opening now*

Edit: I just read the Kickstarter page, it's 18

Lain

6 volumes? I'm pretty sure i have 18 volumes of KOR...

Yep i just checked and my Italian version is 18 volumes... what is the original number of volumes in Japan?

*listening Italian KOR opening now*

There's the 18 volumes edition and then there's the 10 volumes edition (we got both).

dani_dc

Her own fault. She could had won at any point in the series by attempting to talk with Raku, instead she let Chitoge grown inside him.

Akito

Kimagure Orange Road really only has nostalgia going for it since it is an even more infuriating version of Nisekoi with much worse art.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" 1
In a fantasy world, there's a certain Japanese bar somehow manage to exist in that world. Two knights spend their night there and enjoying Japanese delicacy from edamame to oden. Art is good.

Trivia: The illustrator did Jojo's Bizarre Adventure doujin before he/she debut as a pro.

Hyper Girls Battle Orgia 2
OM NOM NOM NOM

This continues to be relevant to my interests. I'm glad the battles aren't (currently) placing too much focus on the combatants' differing powers, since it leaves more room for cute girls doing cute despairing.

What are the comics with the worst "devolves into dragon ball z" storyline right now? When I started reading Noblesse and the vampire dude mistook the chopsticks for a stake I thought the series really found something. Nope, all about explosions and training. Bleach is another good example. Japanese ghostbusters to DBZ, and a shameless transition at that.

I'm gonna count Terra Formars as well. That shit was so good for the first volume when it was super overtly racist, but then it just turned into a bunch of shit nobody cares about unless they're the sort of people that like The Breaker.

Seo Kouji can't be the only dude with literary ambitions in comics right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom