• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sekai Oni Prologue

LGZZnJj.jpg

Fucking wow! What a fascinating take on the whole concept of "loved ones" dying as a result of using special abilities. It's almost like Bokurano with an almost opposite kind of motivation.

I don't know if this shits the bed later on, but it has a VERY strong start. How is this not more talked about? I think I've seen it mentioned from time to time, but not enough provided it doesn't end up sucking.

But god, that opening is dark as fuck. How the hell can a shounen series start off with a clear depiction of child rape? Fuckin hell. And THIS is the series that had a crossover with Mob Psycho 100!?

Ravages of Time 443 -447

Another set of great chapters. Seeing Sima Yi and Zhuge Liang interact is always wonderful. Loving how the two are towards each other at the moment.

Anyways, the plot moved forward with the Three Kingdoms beginning to take shape.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tomo-chan 320
Tomo too pure for this world

Helck 69

Now that is one good heartwarming moment. Helck smile is precious ;_;7

Kaguya wants to be confessed 17

Cat ear, the weapon that surpassed metal gear

Zweizer

Banned
Not Lives 39

NO IT DIDN'T GOD I FUCKING HATE HOW NOBODY GETS THIS RIGHT

The thumb was for the person asking what he should do, a thumbs up meant "yes, kill him" and a thumbs down meant "no, don't"

It takes 3 seconds in Google to find this, get it fucking right.

Huh, didn't know that either. The things you learn every day.

The Silky in Ancient Magus' Bride looks exactly like the Doll in Bloodborne. Is that a common design?

Looks like standard Victorian era fashion to me.

Lain

For people who buy physics manga what do you think of the 3-1 versions of books? Thinking about dipping in

They're too big. The 2-1 are already kinda chubby, but 3-1 isn't all that comfortable to hold and read. You save money though.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch320

Oh Tomo, still so innocent.

Not Lives ch39

Still a bit early to take down the final boss.

Zweizer

Banned
Bloom Into You ch9-11

Gee, even though it explains her personality, it was unexpectedly glum.

Thankfully the end of chapter 11 more than makes up for it. It was so cute. Simple yet so sweet~ ( ≧▽≦ )

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen ch13

Fanservice chapter yay!

I don't see what's so bad about being surrounded by yanderes.

Sekai Oni Prologue

Fucking wow! What a fascinating take on the whole concept of "loved ones" dying as a result of using special abilities. It's almost like Bokurano with an almost opposite kind of motivation.

I don't know if this shits the bed later on, but it has a VERY strong start. How is this not more talked about? I think I've seen it mentioned from time to time, but not enough provided it doesn't end up sucking.

But god, that opening is dark as fuck. How the hell can a shounen series start off with a clear depiction of child rape? Fuckin hell. And THIS is the series that had a crossover with Mob Psycho 100!?

Sekai Oni is a very good series. Depending on what you want out of the series, later on you may find certain parts or turns lacking but to be honest, I found it all fitting. The series really has a consistent tone and the ending was very satisfying to me.

People probably don't talk about it because it's finished so no one's following it regularly anymore or are done with it. But strap yourself in for some real depressing and fucked up shit.

Zweizer

Banned
Everything gets more interesting in manga form!

I forget, did the last chapter of this get translated yet?

It's nice and sweet though, a lot thanks to being a short series so the romance doesn't drag on.

Yeah, it was completely translated since a while.

phaze

Tsurezure Children 95

segsge3zr83.gif

Tower of God

It's really nice to see Yuri getting up to date with events that transpired and consequntly seeing some of those plotlines from eons ago picked up. I wouldn't mind an entire arc of her going ham on FUG.

lol at white hair turning into Rachel's dog.

dani_dc

the hell is that?

It's an educational manga about hemorrhoids and how to treat them.
Though as it goes on it gets lighter on the educational side and bigger on the romantic aspect. Should be able to read it in an hour or so.

Everything gets more interesting in manga form!

Yeah, it was completely translated since a while.

Ah thanks, I remember reading all translated chapters but didn't quite recall if the series had ended or not (didn't get a "end" feel from the last chapter).

Tomo-chan 320

Oh my what a pure lady

Bleach 672

Dude isn't dead yet.... Main villain wakes up.... Inoue uber hyped to fight alongside Ichigo (something is going to happen)

One Piece 825

Chapter is mostly fluff... we get such small info on the Germa 66 but the ending has a good cliffhanger

Someone related to Sanji showed up in front of the StrawHats.... to bad we are going on another break

bobohoro

Bleach 672

2 chapters until Ichigo is thrown off the tower once more.

One Piece 825

I'm slightly interested in that Sora guy.
And nobody reacting even to Luffy eating instant death poison was rather weird. His stamina and defenses are just off the charts.

Bleach 672

2 chapters until Ichigo is thrown off the tower once more.

One Piece 825

I'm slightly interested in that Sora guy.
And nobody reacting even to Luffy eating instant death poison was rather weird. His stamina and defenses are just off the charts.

Uh what? I saw a lot od reactions. Unless you mean in here. But we've known for a while that his run in with Magellan left him with a super high immunity to poisons

bobohoro

Uh what? I saw a lot od reactions. Unless you mean in here. But we've known for a while that his run in with Magellan left him with a super high immunity to poisons

I meant it more in terms of his crew and current adds not really giving a damn. Well except Chopper. On the one hand it shows quite an excessive amount of trust in their captains abilities, on the other hand it was also kinda mean.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 320
I kind of understand Tomo here, if it isn't supposed to be lewd then it isn't as lewd as one could imagine... like bikinis, they might more than underwear but the lewd factor is way less than underwear.

Ray Down

Banned
I meant it more in terms of his crew and current adds not really giving a damn. Well except Chopper. On the one hand it shows quite an excessive amount of trust in their captains abilities, on the other hand it was also kinda mean.

Ehh, Nami seemed a bit worried to me.

phaze

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen ch13

I don't see what's so bad about being surrounded by yanderes.

Picked up.

Edit: Oh wait it's that garden destroyer yandere and the super clingy imouto thing. I've read a few chapters of this.

Edit 2: I think I remember why I dropped this ...

phaze

Too many yanderes?

I haven't even gotten to the second lol.

Just too much stupid for me to cope with, yet without proper remuneration in the entertainment value. And the imouto is awful. I don't think I've actually gotten past ch 3 so I guess I'll make this foray a bit longer.

Edit: Oh God, the aunt is probably loco, isn't she ?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm sorry but the anime adaptation of Sakamoto is just lolworthy

Tjoc39u.png

bobohoro

Youkai Shoujo 73

Still best girl. Manga has cured my fear of spiders. As long as they are also cute girls, I'm totally fine.
And Trash-kun is a dangerous individual.

Bleach 672

Fuck you Kubo. I've never felt an urge larger then this to drop Bleach based on these first three pages but I will finish this OUT OF SPITE.

Zweizer

Banned
Any recommendations for a good slice of life/romance manga?

Solanin and Goodnight Punpun are two great ones.

If you'd prefer something ongoing, then: Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki, Horimiya, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon and The Ancient Magus' Bride.

Hunter X Hunter 352

I think I figured out the plan here and how this ties in with DC.

Chrollo wants to control Hisoka, Hisoka wants a death-match. It's been implied that he borrowed Black Voice from Sharnark for this task but this is a ruse. His true aim is to affix the seals for Sun and Moon to Hisoka and end the battle there, forcing Hisoka to obey him just as Hisoka lied to him about being forced to do stuff under the threat of death in the Yorkshin arc. As the seals are a type that don't require for him to have the book open, he has a permanent leash on him.

After this, with Hisoka in tow, the spiders all assembled will join up with the 4th prince as his personal body guards, it's been implied that the 4th has had connections to the Spiders already given the scarlet eyes and the tattoo. Thus we may get to see major arcs interlocking with the other here, the mysteries of the DC and the finale of Kurapika's quest.

Fun time ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom