• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in barnes & noble yesterday and couldnt find any BL beyond Loveless, meanwhile those seven seas yuri was there, I was sure there would be more BL.

Also chuckled at how a yugioh 5ds manga was in the hottest manga picks section.

Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru 1-15
This manga is going way too fast, the pacing is really quick that it took me a while to catch myself really.
It's a okay time though, another comfy SOL I can get behind.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch87-87.5

It's nice to see them getting along after such a heated match.

Get hype for inverted nips techs!

cjPNC6g.png

Rowdy Nozomi~

Shengar

Hakumei to Mikochi

Since the manga just barely starting with a dozen of chapters, I only write a short and tiny impression of it.

This is a manga about Hakumei and Mikochi, our titular small, tiny people living their daily life. Both of them are female that sharing the same house together, but their relationship feels platonic most of the time which means it's good in my book. Like any good SoL, every chapter is episodic with a few recurring character. There aren't any serious conflict or overarching plot that get in the way of showing their comfy life. Well, some chapters shows rather serious conflict but it resolved immediately and ends in satisfying ways. Also like any good SoL, it have a good art that really complemented it even though Hakumei to Mikochi have that detailed-type art for a SoL. I think it's because the art detail somehow mix pretty well with the chibified "human" character while the rest of their body are also drawn with detail that matched the background.

Anyway, go read it. I'm sure yuri folks here will like it even though the girl relationship stuff isn't really going far beyond blushes and making clothes.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Boruto 1

It's got a couple things going for it, #1 for me being what a shit dad Naruto is. Ha! Sends a shadow clone to his kinds birthday, that's the fucking best.

Zweizer

Banned
Hakumei to Mikochi

Since the manga just barely starting with a dozen of chapters, I only write a short and tiny impression of it.

This is a manga about Hakumei and Mikochi, our titular small, tiny people living their daily life. Both of them are female that sharing the same house together, but their relationship feels platonic most of the time which means it's good in my book. Like any good SoL, every chapter is episodic with a few recurring character. There aren't any serious conflict or overarching plot that get in the way of showing their comfy life. Well, some chapters shows rather serious conflict but it resolved immediately and ends in satisfying ways. Also like any good SoL, it have a good art that really complemented it even though Hakumei to Mikochi have that detailed-type art for a SoL. I think it's because the art detail somehow mix pretty well with the chibified "human" character while the rest of their body are also drawn with detail that matched the background.

Anyway, go read it. I'm sure yuri folks here will like it even though the girl relationship stuff isn't really going far beyond blushes and making clothes.

Sounds promising alright. Thanks for bringing it to my attention~

Revo

Boruto 1

ninja arts for normal people sounds like it's just inviting another big war
also like the plot they would use in a naruto movie

phaze

i love this series and he's usually really good at creating funny misunderstanding situations but it just felt like he let Naoshi Komi write this chapter smh

Yeah, that Raku going asleep at the beach chapter was the one thing on my mind when I read that.

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen 11

I want to say this descended into trash territory with this reveal but I guess it's been there from day one so whatevs. Curious yet slightly disappointed that best girl turned out to be a psycho too.

Edit: lol, I'm so terribly stupid for not getting that the earlier pic was just translator having bit of fun. Thought it was a flashback adding another bit of conversation.

Boruto 01
Glad to see someone inheriting so strongly pre 699's Sasuke Will of Fire. Finally someone who put an end to evil ninja dictatorships and the feudal lords they're supporting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boruto was trash. It looks like they contracted the art out to the people that make the anime. Naruto GT indeed.

Also, I feel like the Generic Everydude's Got a Psychotic Harem genre is really picking up steam in here.

random25

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 71

It's been so long...and still inside the friend zone. Wow.

Boruto 1

Konoha is such a bad place to live. Has a history of getting destroyed lol.

Boruto 1

first few pages will the lol worthy villan/rival and cliche lines with Konoha (again) destroyed is amusing

pages after that is literally the Boruto movie

Also "This is my story" pages later "Again to be clear THIS IS MY STORY"

okay buddy I get it

bobohoro

Boruto 1

Finally something I might rate lower than Bleach and Fairy Tail.
Insufferable was all that popped into my mind while reading.

Keijo 87

That ending, Beach-kun confused me for a good two pages as well.
I guess it's time for the training to regain lost power arc.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keijo!!!!!!! 87-87.5
I doubt the anime will get to this point, but if it by chances they did, this is a great stopping point (minus the whole nipple saying goodbye, they can save that one for next season)

Boku no hero 89

Well, someone going to be killed for real...

Revo

Hunter x Hunter 352

Geez that was a long of explaining
Looks like we're playing a big game of hide and go seek

upandaway

Hero Academia

Whoa okay holy crap. I never really got the All Might dying idea for this arc that everyone's been saying but if the stakes are this big then it might be time.

The situation's ripe for the gang to snipe Bakugou out in the chaos, hopefully they can pull it off. But there's no way All Might is getting out of this without a scratch whatever happens. It's crazy how pathetic the villains are looking right now, getting bailed out like that. I never would've seen this coming. Don't know if I'll ever feel intimidated by them again (aside from All for One).

Hoping Jeanist is ok.

Keijo

It was pretty fun, the japanese had so many butt puns. No clue about Beach-kun.

I'll try going for a slower pace manga eventually so it's not as time consuming.

dr labson

Neo Member
Boruto

Where did Hinata's boobs go!?

Yea, Where did her oppai go? That was one of her charming points.
Also this chapter was literally a retelling of the Boruto movie.
I was expecting the manga to be better then what I got, oh well.

Boku Hero Chapter 89

Dang, I feel like One for All is going to stop working for All Might in this fight.
He's also outnumbered so there's that.

I hope we learn what powers One for All and All for One have at some points though.
Would be nice to have that cleared up.

bobohoro

Boku no Hero Academia 89

I mean, it's obvious All Might will die.
But then, this manga never really goes the easy and predictable route.

That said, if he's going down fighting, we're in for a looooooooong ass manga. Can't see anything topping this battle in terms of power scales for some years to come and I somehow can't see the manga ending without going well above this level.

Revo

Tower of God s2ep196

So rachel is looking for a power up now.
and woo impulsive yuri. doing whatever she wants.

convo

Boku no Hero Academia all caught up

Man this was fun to marathon. I think the most interesting thing for me after this fight is how Tomura will develop if All Might actually dies in this fight. I mean it really is one of his main goals. Shouldn't he be a little selfish and want to kill him by himself?

Barakamon v10 was great! Loved seeing Handa's parents interacting with the people in the village. And that cliffhanger ending!

The back cover makes me want to start reading the Handa-kun spin-off. Are his parents regulars in it?

I feel like if we were closer to chapter 100 all might would die as it stands I imagine after this fight he'll simply lose his power to transform and the power will fully transfer to Deku.

phaze

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen 13
This would be better if it went the way my brain eclipse made me think it did, aka with Ishihara going full blown psycho. Then at least it'd have potential to be slightly funny.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Oh hey Tsunderina is back lol

And yeah he's not winning but I bet you the match gets cancelled either by Erina or Eishi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom