• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko 369
6325316.jpg

well I guess since it is ending bringing out all the crack and cocaine is fine

The Little Match Girl 5
Hell hath no fury like a match girl scorned. I'm glad for the insight into Rin's unfantastic daily life, though it didn't shed any light on her employment circumstances / the matches' origin. Also I'd rather that super-masochistic lifeform didn't become a regular feature.

Clegg

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll get into them in a while.

Reading A Town Where You Live right now. Kirishima is a piece of shit. How could he do Asuka like that? Best girl of the series.

Zweizer

Banned
The Little Match Girl ch5

Even during days off, she can't catch a break.

Lily Love ch23-24

She's an awesome mom~

And hey, new love triangle.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch73

Can't let the saving grace of this manga have her moment of glory huh?

Hope this little shit goes away soon.

Haikyuu!! 204
ChfiAmSW0AU2-yc.jpg

Lev got good stuff but I don't know where he's going with that line to Shibayama. If anything he should be saying stuff to help build Shibayama confidence, dude is really struggling out there.

dani_dc

Solanin and Goodnight Punpun are two great ones.
Great setires but I wouldn't say they are the association people have with slice of life, it's be like recommending KNI-
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll get into them in a while.

Reading A Town Where You Live right now. Kirishima is a piece of shit. How could he do Asuka like that? Best girl of the series.

I had nothing to do with this and I refuse to take any blame.

But yes Haruto is a the lowest of the low, he and Yuzuki deserve each other.

Quasar

he and Yuzuki deserve each other.

Well that's the only reason I was reading. Right from the start to me it was 'how this couple gets together'. Asuka was just a road bump.

Not that unlike most other romance manga where the proper couple at setup right from the start. Like Nisekoi. Right from chapter one it was clear what the story was about.

LeleSocho

Banned
Hunter X Hunter - 352
Seriously what's wrong with Chrollo/Qwoll/Kuroro nose? Why Togashi all of a sudden decided that he is a horse?
I wonder what's his real strategy though... i really can't imagine this is the best he can offer...

dani_dc

I just noticed your icon, now it makes sense why you're reading KNIM.

Well that's the only reason I was reading. Right from the start to me it was 'how this couple gets together'. Asuka was just a road bump.

Not that unlike most other romance manga where the proper couple at setup right from the start. Like Nisekoi. Right from chapter one it was clear what the story was about.

They get together by mutual obsession and screwing better people than them.
I was happy to see him leave Eba behind, but his actions towards Asuka made me dislike him. So I'm OK with him ending with the inferior Eba.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 17

RIP cat ears
just too strong for mortal heads

Just don't go where you would find trucks
that would be really hard to do
Hunter X Hunter 352

I think I figured out the plan here and how this ties in with DC.

Chrollo wants to control Hisoka, Hisoka wants a death-match. It's been implied that he borrowed Black Voice from Sharnark for this task but this is a ruse. His true aim is to affix the seals for Sun and Moon to Hisoka and end the battle there, forcing Hisoka to obey him just as Hisoka lied to him about being forced to do stuff under the threat of death in the Yorkshin arc. As the seals are a type that don't require for him to have the book open, he has a permanent leash on him.

After this, with Hisoka in tow, the spiders all assembled will join up with the 4th prince as his personal body guards, it's been implied that the 4th has had connections to the Spiders already given the scarlet eyes and the tattoo. Thus we may get to see major arcs interlocking with the other here, the mysteries of the DC and the finale of Kurapika's quest.

Fun time ahead.
Wow you basically solved it

I can't compare so you'll also be my review ;P

Maybe, but I don't remember it ever really being discussed and it only ended somewhat recently. Definitely underrated.

I mean, if I looked far back enough or looked at another site I posted on I could find all my posts about it cause I sure as hell wrote a shit-ton when it was ongoing.

I really like that series an incredible amount, so I'm always down to discuss it.

Little Match Girl 4

I WAS NOT PREPARED

Considering how the first 3 chapters went, holy shit this was extremely unexpected.

Lain

Anagle Mole volume 1
ldPb.jpg

I wasn't expecting much from this. I mean, it's made by the author of Law of Ueki, a manga I found so annoyingly stupid (because of its characters) that I dropped it without looking back, but this one started off better. Stupidity is still all over it but so far it is much more bearable. It suffers from the same plague serialized works suffer from (be it manga or anime): repeating the same shitty prelude and obvious stuff every chapter (sometimes I wonder if that stuff should be edited out in volume/disc releases, because hey, I got it the first time Majin are dumb people who believe humans to be stronger without any proof about it) but I can accept that if, on the whole, the story keeps being funny and this delivered on that front.

The human family is fun (stereotypes abound but still fun), the situations can get dumb but it's the kind of fun dumb (stalker episode) and the characters, for one reason or another, are enjoyable and didn't rub me the wrong way... well, apart from the asshole Majins we get to see briefly badmouthing Luchiru.
Volume ends up right when the twist I was expecting happened, so I'll be curious to see how things evolve from there.

I'm gonna keep reading this.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

Hmm I guess he did just explain all that for no reason? So Chrollo now has prep time to load the arena with bombs (and he probably prepared some before the battle too).

Any recommendations for a good slice of life/romance manga?
Komorebi no Kuni
Flying Witch
Tomo-chan is a Girl

Kieli

Hunter x Hunter

Hmm I guess he did just explain all that for no reason? So Chrollo now has prep time to load the arena with bombs (and he probably prepared some before the battle too).

Komorebi no Kuni
Flying Witch
Tomo-chan is a Girl

Could be the "bothersome restriction" that he referred to. Maybe of bookmark?

Or he may want to plant lies into Hisoka (I kinda doubt it) or give him cognitive burden (have to juggle all those rules at once rather than rely on instinct).

Sekai Oni 26

I get what they're going for with the portrayal here and how we shouldn't be celebrating Azuma losing it or getting addicted to revenge or whatever, but goddamn is this cathartic as hell.

upandaway

HxH

Could be the "bothersome restriction" that he referred to. Maybe of bookmark?

Or he may want to plant lies into Hisoka (I kinda doubt it) or give him cognitive burden (have to juggle all those rules at once rather than rely on instinct).
I feel like if it was part of the bookmark then he wouldn't have been able to use the bookmark before doing it. since Hisoka isn't suspecting that they're lies they probably aren't

Zweizer

Banned
Is Arachnid yuri? Cuz I'll totally read it if it's yuri.

At least he's finally go combine with another Youkai. All build up for the inevitable Hime Union.

I really hope so, as Hime and thighhighs are the only things that keeps me reading.

Great setires but I wouldn't say they are the association people have with slice of life, it's be like recommending KNI-

I mean, they asked for a good slice of life and romance series, which Punpun is!

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch321

That's a legitimate question you know!

Demi-chan wa Kataritai ch16

He should probably try something else.

Hunter x Hunter 352

On the importance of having editors.

Fml smh what the fuck is this shit. You get an infodump! and you get an infodump! and you too! over and over again. "Show, dont tell? Don't you know? I'm Togashi"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom