• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

So Boruto 1 is just Boruto the movie with design differences and a few additional/different parts. I'm OK with that as I felt the movie was extremely enjoyable but I really hope it doesn't take up a lot of time.

LeleSocho

Banned
My son is also named Boruto.

You must hate him.

Boku no Hero Academia - 89

Do you people really think All Might is gonna die in this battle? To me he will not even for the sole reason we never saw him fight kinda seriously not even once... don't think he'll go out the first time...

kasane

im re reading one pice after a long hiatus starting with chapter one and my opinion is still the same. One piece is the perfect mainstream battle shonen manga, if you want to be successful you have to be able to emulate and improve upon it on some degree. It presents itself with the usual shonen tropes but it does it with emotion and character you wouldnt find in any shonen manga.

now long winded opinion is done, i still hate naruto
jugg-dizzy.gif

Boruto 1

The new artist sucks. That whole thing felt like a fan made comic. I think I'll hold off on reading the future chapters since it seems like its gonna follow the movie for the first couple.

Sasuke is cool as fuck though.

Handa-kun Vol.01

Special skills:
Handa Wall, blocks all incoming sound
Flexibility: Can fit into the tightest spots to avoid being detected
Max Charisma: Can easily build a harem with no effort on his own part

The amazing Handa-kun!

kasane

I mean of course naruto aint that bad, its very popular after all. I just dislike almost everything about it. But i dont necesarilly agree that it was the best for a period of time even though i dont actually remember what was running and on what arcs they were two years ago

random25

Naruto isn't really that bad. They just run a lot of things to the ground, like the Uchiha drama, which kinda made the series stale for me. The redeeming factor of the series though is its interesting side characters.

Tomo-chan 322

Never do that in front of Jun.

Lain

Keijo 87&87.5

There is something cathartic about translations going away just as Nozomin's nipples go away.

UberTag

Gakkou Gurashi 46 - Shovel Knight is ICE COLD in more ways than one.

It's been over a year since I've been excited for more School Live chapters, since outside of a few bits the college arc hasn't had much going for it so far. But holy crap, this chapter.
Yeah, that was some heavy shit. This manga needed to take a turn into this territory after spinning its wheels for a while if it hopes to have enough material to adapt into a 2nd anime season someday.

Looks like Kurumi exiled herself on top of sending that cap-wearing, crowbar-wielding guy from the Melee Fight Club to an early grave.
Speaking of which, I don't expect that remaining trio to play nice with the others going forward. Especially if Kurumi remains missing.
Everything is now hitting the fan.

Furumapura 7

uhmHESq.png

Yuri intensifies. I approve of stalker Shiori and would like to see this concept developed further.

Would you recommend reading it for the insect-themed fighting?
Kinda. The way the insect skills translate into combat is often pretty silly/amusing, but it takes itself seriously despite this (for better or worse). There's very little story to speak of past the opening chapters. I enjoy it despite its flaws, mainly for the quirky cast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boruto 1

It's got a couple things going for it, #1 for me being what a shit dad Naruto is. Ha! Sends a shadow clone to his kinds birthday, that's the fucking best.

I don't understand how its even functionally different.

bobohoro

When was that?

Everything before the time skip and some side character parts after were rather well done. Not the best, but a solid enjoyable read. The rest though, such a waste.

Shokugeki No Soma 165

Enjoy your time in Central Soma. Would be the only interesting development to come out of this.

Tomo-chan 322

Jun needs to get his act together.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch322

Make up your mind already Jun.

Furumapura ch7

Happy couple time at the hot springs~

It's pointless to deny it~

She, Her Camera and Her Seasons ch7

So bold, showing off like that.

Status