• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. What really should have happened is something with Chihiro. Personally I thought there was something going on with her after she saw all the Goddess's wings (though I guess maybe the whole audience saw that). Not to mention the obviously unresolved feelings between the two.

Yeah, I mean I think it got resolved or something, but it definitely didn't feel like it did.

The whole thing with Chihiro was basically brushed off to the side and buried under months of being a little kid and nothing happening. It's definitely something that is worth going back to, but who knows when he'll finally stop being a kid.

Yeah, I mean I think it got resolved or something, but it definitely didn't feel like it did.

The whole thing with Chihiro was basically brushed off to the side and buried under months of being a little kid and nothing happening. It's definitely something that is worth going back to, but who knows when he'll finally stop being a kid.

Well she's here in kid form now. I just fear we'll find out that she started liking him when they were like 9 years old or something. That would pretty much ruin one of the better parts of the goddess arc.

Who knows, maybe returning to that will end up being the finale.

Will it also take the time for him to grow back to his teenage form naturally?

Well she's here in kid form now. I just fear we'll find out that she started liking him when they were like 9 years old or something. That would pretty much ruin one of the better parts of the goddess arc.

Ugh, I forgot about that.

Soul Eater 2 Extra Lessons

Really awesome fights and introductions for Sid and Stein, Stein might be my favorite Soul Eater character and his almost insane style always makes me laugh. Even if Bones Eater is terrible it's crazy to see how weak the cast was early on in the story. Lots of extra ecchi like flashing Sid for information was sweet but unneeded.

scy

Man, this past arc is having all sorts of fun ruining all the good memories of the series.

LeleSocho

Banned
and people where hating on Toriko's drawings

You just reminded of someone who hated Toriko's art for no reason...
You... yes you... i know you aren't reading this because you don't read this thread and not either this message board but this post is so full of resentment that the message within it will reach into your mind and you won't even know where it does comes from... you... you are so terribly wrong on Toriko's art and the reasons you gave were total bullcrap... repent yourself.

Koe no Katachi 29
Yuzuru is weird, why the hell does she takes those photos? I also hate her mother, goddamn not even in front of your own mother you are respectful.

scy

Koe no Katachi 29 - Man, that's a messed up mother :( And RIP Grandmother, I suppose.

Goddamnit. Can something go right for someone soon? That'd be great.

Iris Zero?

I mean, there's a few misunderstandings throughout (though the last one is mostly one for the sake of the readers and not the characters involved).

Speaking of, need more chapters :(

You just reminded of someone who hated Toriko's art for no reason...
You... yes you... i know you aren't reading this because you don't read this thread and not either this message board but this post is so full of resentment that the message within it will reach into your mind and you won't even know where it does comes from... you... you are so terribly wrong on Toriko's art and the reasons you gave were total bullcrap... repent yourself.

Man, I think one of Toriko's strengths is it's art after awhile. Just some really good visuals for the style of the manga. Especially once it gets more serious.

Soul Eater 3 'New Student' and 'Soul Observation'

Good fight that helps to flesh out some of the mechanics behind how soul resonance and meisters work. Really can't praise the cast chemistry enough the characters work off each other so well.

Koe no Katachi 29

Wow mom you really suck. Though seriously that's some like serial-killer in the making photos you're taking Yuzuru.

RIP Grandma chapters 29-29.

LeleSocho

Banned
Koe no Katachi 29 - Man, that's a messed up mother :( And RIP Grandmother, I suppose.
No! i haven't thought of that! nonononononononono
whyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Damn you made me sad :(
Man, I think one of Toriko's strengths is it's art after awhile. Just some really good visuals for the style of the manga. Especially once it gets more serious.
I know right? Toriko's art fits perfectly with the themes and the rhythm of the manga... i love it.

scy

No! i haven't thought of that! nonononononononono
whyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Damn you made me sad :(

...I'm really good at this, apparently.

I know right? Toriko's art fits perfectly with the themes and the rhythm of the manga... i love it.

Around the introduction of the GT Robos is when I think it fully embraces itself. Maybe sooner. Think it stands out the best during the Century Soup arc with the fights there. Nails making Tommyrod look completely ridiculous and doing a damned good job of having an over-the-top fight. Hell, even showcases just how over-the-top everything with the series is there.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 29
Grandma raised the death flag by saying she loved them for who they are. ;_;

Yuzuru is a budding sociopath I see. Or is that just if you torture animals yourself?

Also fuck their mom. I know she has a rough time trying to support 4 people by herself, but you can at least spare a few kind words can't you?

Soul Eater 4-5 Demon Sword Ragnarok

His blood is black you know

Medusa is introduced and damn she's even creepier in the manga, Stein and Spirit get to show off how bad ass they are in their fight with Chrona. I'm still going with Chrona = boy for anyone who's curious

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan 23

enppjuN.png

Pretty much the only reason to join the photography club.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I mean, there's a few misunderstandings throughout (though the last one is mostly one for the sake of the readers and not the characters involved).

Speaking of, need more chapters :(

Regardless it falls in the area the poster was asking about.

Lain

Getting Used to Being Friends & The Wife-to-Be

There's a sense of bittersweetness to both, though they felt kinda fake to me. Yuri in name only, basically. Not bad, but not great either.

survivor

Banned
Goggles vol 1 End

A collection of oneshots published over the past few years by the same guy who wrote Undercurrent. Some pretty funny stories, some supernatural elements, and pretty touching ones. Apparently a few characters from Undercurrent do show up in couple of the short stories, but I never caught those references till I read the author's comments at the end. Anyway, I'm not sure why Tetsuya Toyoda isn't working on a full series, from his comments it seemed that his editor only gives him work when a magazine needs to fill in some pages for their next issue. Which really sucks cause he is definitely talented in writing drama stories and his art is pretty good.

LeleSocho

Banned
...I'm really good at this, apparently.
Don't let yourself down though it's not your fault, it's late and my brain didn't get such an obvious death flag.

Around the introduction of the GT Robos is when I think it fully embraces itself. Maybe sooner. Think it stands out the best during the Century Soup arc with the fights there. Nails making Tommyrod look completely ridiculous and doing a damned good job of having an over-the-top fight. Hell, even showcases just how over-the-top everything with the series is there.
For me it was in the Puffer Whale arc when you see Jirou superdeformed for the first time.

Just skimmed the Barcelona no Taiyou raws after hearing comparisons to The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays. Woah. I hope this series has success. Yhe MC has a schway ability and there is a group of people known as the Galaxy Age. So schway.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
GENSHIKEN

Hato is definitely the cutest girl-but-not-a-girl and this confounds me..... urghmmmgh.

And Sue escalating the war.... hhhrmmmrgh.

Soul Eater 7-8 Youtou

This made more sense then it did when I first watched it in the anime but it was still hard to follow. I guess the long and short of it is that Tsubaki beats her borther and gets Demon/Enchanted Sword mode. Tsubaki also continues to confirm herself as best waifu

I'd gladly let her go a step further with me
lLGKsTS.png

Charade

Stretch 17

Now I want to watch some MGM movies
while sipping on some Southern Comfort of course

Koe no Katachi 29

Welp, those death flags went straight over my head too. If true, I commend the author for making us care about a character in one chapter.

Also, weird observation I know, but both of these chapters featured panels with squashed mosquitoes.

Furyous

Girl the Wild's

I can't wait for the next chapter. It's strange they didn't notice the intruders earlier. Hopefully, next chapter's debacle is as beautiful as it seems.

scy

Girl the Wild's 128 - More interference from basically everyone possible. What's the point of this again?

Snow White's Secret - Oneshot by Igarashi Ran (Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki). Just some fun with assassin's and Snow White. Just the same sort of humor from Hozuki-san so it was worth it for that.

Kamisama Gokko - Same deal as above except a lot more serious of a story. The story of a girl with a habit of watching the city as she waits for the end of the world and the guy who finds her.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Snow White's Secret - Oneshot by Igarashi Ran (Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki). Just some fun with assassin's and Snow White. Just the same sort of humor from Hozuki-san so it was worth it for that.

Kamisama Gokko - Same deal as above except a lot more serious of a story. The story of a girl with a habit of watching the city as she waits for the end of the world and the guy who finds her.
I remember both of these... dat grandma.

Girls the Wild boring

Sakurasaku Shoukougun 14 spoilers
So he confesses to her finally. Don't get why she rejected him though?? Couldn't really read the text properly because it was too small.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
did you lose some bet and now you have to read them all?

Nah. Not really a gamble if you lose and you get something good out of it lol. Shoujo is my preferred manga genre. Granted, nothing will ever top Pandora Hearts but I spend a great deal of time reading great shoujo mangas.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece

To everyone cheering for Usopp or Robin to take out Trebol, let me remind you that underground there are an army of tough gladitors, famous pirates, that rose guy who falls asleep and turns into a monster, and the chinese old guy Luffy fought in the tournament. My point being that chances are the Trebol fight will be an all out brawl with everyone and not a moment for Usopp or Robin to shine.

In fact, the chinese dude hasn't even been shown as a toy yet and purposefully was the last one left before, so chances are that Sugar's power doesn't work on him (she would be super broken if she could turn a Conqueror's Haki user into an obedient toy). So he might even escape and help Usopp in the end.

aka I don't think this an arc to show off the Strawhat's abilities, but rather the random new allies Luffy is making. Hell, everyone who isn't Franky has a pretty horrible track record against Doflamingo's family so far.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
About to start Game Over and 14 Sai. A couple weeks back I started Koe no Katachi because yall were talking about it. I just see the art and if I like it then I start reading it.
All good choices, brace yourself for Koe no Katachi though. It's rage inducing at first.

also you should read kono oto tomare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom