• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

I think the whole thread's been smashed by the cute overload. I'm gonna get diabetes if someone doesn't read something horrific soon.
Pray that a new Nukoduke chapter isn't released in next few hours.

Because I'd go all SUGARALITY on this thread and have everyone begging for insulin shots

scy

I can't wait for 2020 when we'll have an entirely different set of Wednesday stuff.

Maybe.

Hey, speaking of fluffy things, Peephole 15 - That confession. Of murder. Wonder if he would be capable of killing her if it came to it. Though, I imagine it'll never come to that.

Or we're going murder-suicide route.

I can't wait for 2020 when we'll have an entirely different set of Wednesday stuff.

Maybe.

Hey, speaking of fluffy things, Peephole 15 - That confession. Of murder. Wonder if he would be capable of killing her if it came to it. Though, I imagine it'll never come to that.

Or we're going murder-suicide route.

so un-fluffy :(

Nordicus

*horrific

lol, can't believe my spell check did that

I kinda do want a series starring Immoral-chan now...

where she runs around saying how ethical something is before causing something more horrific on them. It could be a dark comedy!
"You can bend morals, but you can't bend bones. Hmm, actually, come here, let me try yours!"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

2020 predictions:

Naruto - Naruto finally confronts Madara after Sasuke, Kakashi, Temari, Guy, Gaara, Merumi, Obito, Sakura, Lee, Tenten, Edo Tensei Neji, Minato, Izuna, the Sage of the Six Paths, Ichigo Kurosaki, Guy with Toothpick, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Chouza, that kid from the Bridge in the first arc, Sai, the 40 Ronin, the Samurai guy, Jon Bon Jovi, Killer Bee, Shino, Hinata, Tsunade, Jiriaya's ghost, Naruto's mom, Yamato, Darui, Pain, Konan's Zombie, Jugo, Orochimaru, Karin and the Ghost of Christmas Future all fight and lose to Madara's hax.

Bleach - Still going, but every single page is white and blank with a single word on it.

One Piece - Concluded in 2016. One Piece was just a 100% Cotton T-Shirt that says, "I Found the Treasure of Raftel Island and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

scy

2020 predictions:

Naruto - Naruto finally confronts Madara after Sasuke, Kakashi, Temari, Guy, Gaara, Merumi, Obito, Sakura, Lee, Tenten, Edo Tensei Neji, Minato, Izuna, the Sage of the Six Paths, Ichigo Kurosaki, Guy with Toothpick, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Chouza, that kid from the Bridge in the first arc, Sai, the 40 Ronin, the Samurai guy, Jon Bon Jovi, Killer Bee, Shino, Hinata, Tsunade, Jiriaya's ghost, Naruto's mom, Yamato, Darui, Pain, Konan's Zombie, Jugo, Orochimaru, Karin and the Ghost of Christmas Future all fight and lose to Madara's hax.

I want this to happen so badly right now.

But, seriously, Jon Bon Jovi losing to Madara? I dunno.

KINGDOM

So, Ten vs. Kyoukai huh.

A brilliant strategist girl that smackdowns a famous tactician on her first battle vs. a beautiful swordswoman who can chop heads easily and gracefully to the point many consider her inhuman.

Shin gets the best girls, I swear.

Of course, Kyoukai all the way :3

I have to check if polygamous relationships are a norm during the Warring States era because I'm going for both in this one.

Hell, I don't mind a wife and concubine situation. One True Tripling ship here folks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Here's some good shoujo art to brighten up your day.

ippQP96OIvVkg.jpg

Erigu

Speaking of which, which would you say is worse? Killer Bee having died off-screen without anyone even bothering to think about it, or Killer Bee having survived because of [insert new improbable asspull here]?

Nickelodeon 33

Can you feel the sunshine?
Does it brighten up your day?
Don't you feel that sometimes
You just need to run away?

Aki-Sora
Maybe you forgot the detail about that orgy,
that the girl invited the boy there just so she could deliberately NTR him by losing her virginity in front of his eyes.

And then few chapters later both of them act like everything's fine, and the girl invites him to play more perverted games.

I mean... scusi?
And let's not forget crazy lesbian sister who set her brother up with her unrequited
lol
waifu, before fucking him herself afterwards, on the basis that it felt like she was indirectly fucking her waifu. Leaving aside the minor detail that she's actually, y'know, fucking her brother instead. Christ, it's no freakin' surprise that their parents were siblings.

Wait, shit, I'm supposed to be ignoring you.

Hakamori Majo Bianca
Hakamori Majo Bianca 1-5
Super cute. I was always expecting her friend to betray her out of jealousy because hello shojo cliches, but I was pleasantly surprised that never happened. It was nice to see that Nelo treasured their friendship too and wouldn't forsake it over some guy like so many other shojo girls would. It's a little tough to decide who I want her to go with. On one hand, Zela was an asshole who tricked her into falling in love with him, but he eventually falls for her for real and puts his life on the line for her, which sort of makes up for his idiocy earlier. On the other hand, her uncle was always encouraging her from the start and she's always happy with him, but he is super possessive in a really unhealthy way and doesn't see the value in people other than Bianca (i.e., his partner and Nelo).

Actually, now that I'm laying it out like this, I'd say a relationship with Zela is way more healthy, so let's go with him.
See, that's the kind of wholesome way of looking at these issues which should be encouraged. I was leaning more towards her uncle because I found him a more entertaining character and he was evidently top tier magical shit when he was alive (plus I have a general dislike of beast types and a fondness for the undead), but in terms of who'd actually be better for Bianca it basically has to be Zela. The guy's clearly reformed after his earlier misdemeanours and seems to have her best interests at heart now, where as it's going to take more than a large scythe to remove her uncle's uncompromising, controlling, egotistical personality. That final exchange between them epitomises it pretty well.

scy

Nisekoi 114 - Welcome to the harem officially, Ruri. Still hoping for Shuu's big damn moment of the arc.

Also, the grandfather needs real death flags. Can we actually kill him off?

And let's not forget crazy lesbian sister who set her brother up with her unrequited
lol
waifu, before fucking him herself afterwards, on the basis that it felt like she was indirectly fucking her waifu. Leaving aside the minor detail that she's actually, y'know, fucking her brother instead. Christ, it's no freakin' surprise that their parents were siblings.

Well, when you put it that way.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So many dead bodies left in their wake...

I wonder if this would actually ever get resolved.

Well, I don't figure Shin as the type who would muse needlessly over this like any other typical Shounen harem lead-trash like Nisekoi, actually. Hopefully it'll get resolved....

I have to check if polygamous relationships are a norm during the Warring States era because I'm going for both in this one.

Hell, I don't mind a wife and concubine situation. One True Tripling ship here folks.

That's the 2nd best solution, right after Kyoukai only scenario.

scy

Realistically, Kyoukai is actually based on a real person, believe it or not, although it is the same as Shin; obscure enough so the author can imagine all the fantastic details about them more freely. I don't know about Ten though.

Off-hand, aren't both Ten and Kyoukai just taking the little-known strategist and lieutenant for their roles?

Well, I don't figure Shin as the type who would muse needlessly over this like any other typical Shounen harem lead-trash like Nisekoi, actually. Hopefully it'll get resolved....

I'd like to think Kyoukai makes more sense for it. I guess it has to be resolved though ... unless it just ends before that subject comes up.

did someone say good shoujo art?

banana bread pudding~

This is why we can't have good things.

Nisekoi 114
something something good end

Not seeing the harem +1 that everyone else is, but I'd be glad to be wrong. Or at least, I think I would. Ruri'd probably get more screen time if she were added, but she works better with Shuu, so eh.

scy

Nisekoi 114

something something good end

Not seeing the harem +1 that everyone else is, but I'd be glad to be wrong. Or at least, I think I would. Ruri'd probably get more screen time if she were added, but she works better with Shuu, so eh.

It's just over-reading the one millimeter bit.

I still think Shuu will do something. Like, he exists in this arc for some purpose.

Horimiya 30

there's no more noooooooo :(

I'm sorry for your loss.

wonzo

Banned
More people ITT need to read Banana Bread Pudding.

Now that Ira's older sister is getting married, who will take her to the bathroom after 10 p.m. and sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" outside the bathroom door in order to protect her from the beautiful, androgynous, child-eating clown? Will marrying a closeted gay man help?

Considered by many fans to be Ooshima's best work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom