• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Progress of the main plot > Unnecessary harem addition.

Edit: And unless this has some hidden keyblade option, this wouldn't even be progress.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
why is everyone so against progress. I thought progress was what everyone wanted in Nisekoi :p
gkAQlQA.jpg

Classmate Kamimura Yuuka Wa Kou Itta 10-19
The world is a confused, muddled mess but that's what makes it pretty cool. The characters often shift so brutally in mood that it seems like they're almost out of character, but with the kinds of situations they get into, it's not unexpected. I'm not sure where the story is going to go, but I'll be anticipating it. There's too many questions and not enough answers yet.

In any case, if you like The Matrix or The Truman Show, check it out. It reminds me of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya sometimes too.

scy

I remember trying it at one point and ending up being really, really confused.

I thought in a harem series, harem additions was basically how the plot moves forward!

Depends. Usually their addition adds some factor of revealing the past or some promises of the future. This would do actual nothing.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
...okay, I'll re-read it so this sentence makes sense.
To be fair, you'll probably still be confused.

Hakamori Majo Bianca
See, that's the kind of wholesome way of looking at these issues which should be encouraged. I was leaning more towards her uncle because I found him a more entertaining character and he was evidently top tier magical shit when he was alive (plus I have a general dislike of beast types and a fondness for the undead), but in terms of who'd actually be better for Bianca it basically has to be Zela. The guy's clearly reformed after his earlier misdemeanours and seems to have her best interests at heart now, where as it's going to take more than a large scythe to remove her uncle's uncompromising, controlling, egotistical personality. That final exchange between them epitomises it pretty well.
Yeah her uncle is definitely interesting as a character, but looking at it from my point of view, he's the closest thing to an antagonist this manga has. He wants her for himself, doesn't give a rat's ass about her friendship with some girl and thought she was trying to subjugate her instead, and tries to kill someone who was utterly devoted to him just so he could revive quicker. The only problem with that is that he still cares about what she wants and feels to a degree, so he's not a complete villain. Zela really is the one out of the two that not only is protective of her, but also gives her the opportunity to grow outside of him, such as telling her about a way to reconcile with Nelo.

But yeah, glad my wholesome outlook entertained you anyway. :p

Matrix much? But in high school of course.
But of course. Why ever would you think otherwise?

Nisekoi

Wha wha wha?!?!?

Ruri you can't do this to your best friend Onodera. WTF happened to the Sis code? Is there even a Sis code?

You know, not going after a love interest of a friend? ;_; pls Ruri no!

Shuu needs some love yo and you are the person for him.

That said god damn Ruri is cute without glasses and her hair down.

Oh come on guys. All of you forgot about Shuu's secret "I am actually mature for my age" weapon.

He'll come in at the end and says that he will take her grandfather's place in her heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom