• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Nah, Kurome will survive all of Zero :x

The other corpse doll is Doya so RIP Gin eventually. Probably something to do with the drug withdrawal because we might as well kill everyone but Kurome and Natala off before this moves on too far.

Also, all of Akame's group will die horrible deaths too.

Horimiya 32

PVKpVkWl.png

Delicious crossdressing despair~

Sakurasaku Shoukougun 12

That ferris wheel of realizations. More Kagetora being awesome.

Sakurasaku Shoukougun 13

New girl is too good for Wakatake.

Soma

Horimiya Ch. 32

I really love this couple. Miyamura is hilariously pathetic and Hori is insane and violent.

They fit together so well.

scy

That looked interesting so I read it. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka 1-11 - Jesus christ, it took 5 chapters to deliver the knife? Anyway, premise seems neat if it was a bit more self-aware. I just kind of want to see more dungeons.

That looked interesting so I read it. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka 1-11 - Jesus christ, it took 5 chapters to deliver the knife? Anyway, premise seems neat if it was a bit more self-aware. I just kind of want to see more dungeons.

Knives deliveries take time. The mood just has to be perfect and just right.

scy

The sadder part is he probably kept the outfit.

Hatsukiai 5, 6-7, 8, 9 - Again, separate arcs blah-blah. 5 is super sappy. 6-7 was pretty fun but I have a soft spot for that kind of mismatched pairing. 8 was a really drawn out thing with first names and a metric shitton of blushlines. 9 was so far the best story because of how absurdly dumb the guy is. I'd actually like a follow-up for this pair.

6-7 and 9 stand out since it was them actually starting dating and not "already dating, here's a random moment of puppy love" I guess.

You can't run away from the despair~

Haganai 01

And everyone died from dark nabe. Show's over, no need for all the bad drama in the future.

Haganai 02

Welp, guess not. It's only lucky that Yozora isn't the worst character yet, but only because it's too early.

So, I think there are two Haganai manga adaptations. Is the one on ComicWalker the good or bad one?

scy

The only other Haganai I'm aware of is the Sena-route one and it ends early. Sounds like that's the regular one if it didn't start with Sena instead of Yozora.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 119 - Bath time with the aunt.

I'm pretty sure I just typed that.

Acchi Kocchi - I'm not even sure what's going on. Just some 4-koma.

rIZZWsj.png

SGT FROG 01

Huh, interesting enough, ComicWalker is using Tokyopop's translation for this.

Anyway, frog aliens invade the Earth and fail miserably. Looking forward to see how this goes!

Jintor

Horimiya 32

I don't really know why there was a random cos dressing gag in the middle, but was pretty funny so I'll allow it.

kasane

Damn this heat, i wanna go swimming.

Also i think this is the part where i should meet a girl in love with me while im in the pool.

Right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Only guys fall in love at the pool.

20130427102259!Free!_promotional_image_1.jpg

You're out of luck.

Astarte

The entirety of Berserk so far

Holy shit why have I not been reading this before? Now I can starve on updates like a REAL fan.

Pocha Pocha Suiebu

Chubby girl with hot childhood friend want to lose weight by entering swimming club so she can chase after her beloved senpai. And it's a 4-koma.

Should be fun.

Man guys, why is Soma so good, from the first few chapters I would haver never thought to unironically enjoy it this much.
I mean the author still manages it after 60 chapters of them to make me laugh at some of the foodgasms.
His extensive use of food research is also working really really well as a form of presentation.
This manga guys, can we talk a little about why it is so fun?

kasane

Man guys, why is Soma so good, from the first few chapters I would haver never thought to unironically enjoy it this much.
I mean the author still manages it after 60 chapters of them to make me laugh at some of the foodgasms.
His extensive use of food research is also working really really well as a form of presentation.

You missed the image that explains wht its good

You also missed the husbando and waifu wars

Iron Maiden 10-30

Was getting scumbag vibes from prez super early. Thought it was just going to be a metamorphosis girl fetish, but they certainly went for something more sinister.

Interested in how Haruki will get her out or if he'll even know where the prez's house is.

Actually really enjoying this, although it's a little trashy.

dramatis

I think it's a combination of:
  1. Decent art (layout and style work pretty well)
  2. Simple, uncomplicated story
  3. A relatively cool main character
  4. Romance is gradual and integrated somewhat as opposed to being sudden and unnatural
  5. Food
  6. Shameless fanservice that doesn't just titillate, rather it goes more stylishly
  7. Angry Grimace being a tsundere-con
The comedy in it has yet to grow old too, I suppose. Right now it doesn't feel like recurring gags are used too much and there's certainly more badassery mixed in to make it a well-rounded dish.

Oh and I guess hot girls and guys help.

Aunt's Tits

Bath time with the aunt? Damn this will be the first time they are completely naked together right, I somehow doubt he'll get it in next time but it would be awesome if he did

upandaway

It's pretty apparent that they know what they're doing with Soma in terms of Jump storytelling. If you told me it's the dude's second try after a terrible cancellation, I wouldn't believe you.

Haven't read his previous work but tosh and the editor, and a whole ton of research of cooking shonen judging from the references, are probably a big part of it. I was freaking out from the first chapter.

Nobunaga the Fool 00

Here's a bunch of characters from eastern and western history as we'll smash them together into this weird mecha fanfiction.

Stretch 1-10

oddly compelling.

Stretch 11-17

even if the seemingly inevitable romance angle doesn't happen this is still a fun read. I really do enjoy good slice of life.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kono Oto Tomare! 14
dat smile

It's good to see that he's finally starting to make strides with his guilt and feelings of unworthiness. I never get tired of seeing just how much he loved (and still loves) his grandfather. It's one of the things I like about this manga - the back story isn't hidden and/or only teased at until it's used for a twist or an explanation or a start of darkness or whatever. It's always present in the actions of the characters. We're finally getting some development with Takezou and Kurisu which is nice. Can't wait to see what their upcoming rivals are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom