• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet Magic Syndrome 12-17

68447743j0eh3.jpg

Someone fire the casting director of Amako's subconscious.

Glad to see a long overdue update for cute girls eating cute sweets. The new challengers don't have much sugar, er, meat to them, but that's hardly surprising with main cast already well established.

I don't like that we have to download each chapter individually, and browsing through the titles feels super clunky, but other than that, it's been really good.
After downloading, turning the pages is much faster than with Weekly Shonen Jump, Manga Box, or Crunchyroll.

I like download a bit better. Too often theres been cases in the others apps where you have to manually refresh to load a page, or in crunchyrolls case it takes a noticeable amount of time for the next page to load. Perhaps it wouldnt be an issue if wireless connection is 100% speed all the time but well in my places it isnt.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Soma 62:

The Wheel of Food is turning
Bento 1
FIGHT

Stealth Symphony 05

The appearance of another company and now this clash of the first company and the new company looks to be pretty interesting.

Also, new girl is pretty moe. Can't imagine death flags for her already.

Busaiku

I like download a bit better. Too often theres been cases in the others apps where you have to manually refresh to load a page, or in crunchyrolls case it takes a noticeable amount of time for the next page to load. Perhaps it wouldnt be an issue if wireless connection is 100% speed all the time but well in my places it isnt.

Yeah, it's fine, but until about 50%, I can't put the downloads in the background, which is annoying.
Once it hits 50%, the chapter opens up, but it isn't finished downloading, but at least I can set it back then and get to other titles.

That's my main issue with the individual downloads.

Yankee-kun end

What a deep and subtly beautiful ending. Seeing a mentally broken Shinagawa hallucinating Adachi in the same place they interacted often was damn tragic. What started as a silly slice of life school comedy turned into a meaningful tale of coping with loss even after attaining a successful life.

I don't know if my heart could handle it if Yamada ended this way.

Yankee-kun end

What a deep and subtly beautiful ending. Seeing a mentally broken Shinagawa hallucinating Adachi in the same place they interacted often was damn tragic. What started as a silly slice of life school comedy turned into a meaningful tale of coping with loss even after attaining a successful life.

I don't know if my heart could handle it if Yamada ended this way.

That's my despair headcanon for the ending. It was definitely interesting with how he ended up back at his high school while showing how everyone else did (even if being a teacher isn't a bad career choice).

Of course, I'll also take it at face value too and say everyone gets a happy ending!

Theonik

Ana Satsujin 08-16
iOoO7geBLQ39l.jpg

I think they call this moe
I don't know where I stand from these developments. On one hand,
it feels too early for him to find out for sure he's fodder.And I'm not sure about the new characters
on the other hand, I am curious as to where this is going.
The police waifu will add an interesting choice in all this. I hope this doesn't run too long though.

Mortemis

Banned
Soma 62
Man I don't remember Ryouko being this hot. Good chapter, a candied bento sounds awesome. I need more Soma.
on a more serious note, i definitely think one of the judges will screw him over

I got the same feeling too, one of the judges tries to screw him over but then future father-in-law comes and saves the day, picking Soma over his own daughter. Something like that.

Theonik

Having caught up to Ana Satsujin I feel empty inside. Like there is something missing.
I can't seem to be able to properly read anything else either at this moment.
What is this kimochi.

upandaway

Having caught up to Ana Satsujin I feel empty inside. Like there is something missing.
I can't seem to be able to properly read anything else either at this moment.
What is this kimochi.
Hang in there! Only... 5 days until the next chapter.

Of probably <8 pages.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 62

Man I don't remember Ryouko being this hot. Good chapter, a candied bento sounds awesome. I need more Soma.

I got the same feeling too, one of the judges tries to screw him over but then future father-in-law comes and saves the day, picking Soma over his own daughter. Something like that.

Alice isn't his daughter tho. Just a niece.

Vito

Banned
Good thing I haven't bought any Titans manga

Finally, the Attack on Titan Colossal Edition will be the first book in the world to include 15 color pages from the original magazine run!

The color pages in the Colossal Edition are not even in the Japanese tankobon releases. This will be the DEFINITIVE Titan manga release.

Via Kodansha's tiwtter.

Haly

It's funny how Soma has the most intense closeups out of all the shounen manga currently running.

iN1fOsdTfGsLw.png

Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem

Haly

I should catch up with horimiya.

After I finish my Hearthstone dailies.

Soma 62

Really? She was always like the super hot girl of the dorm.

Horimiya 32 - such despair

Hori becoming even better best girl.

Scy getting his yandere face fix even from horimiya

-------------------------------------------

Horimiya 32

What a strange yet very funny chapter.

Miyamura almost got an adorable dance with Hori
but then he took a table to the knee...

I'm sorry.

GIVE MORE

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guys realize every girl in Soma is drawn to be attractive?

Conan-san

You know I really shouldn't but much like one picking at a scab, I occasionally look into Freezing and, if I didn't know this comic better as the fucked up TnA Comic that sells girls being brutalised whilst every mound of flesh flaps in the wind and one's HP can be equated to one's state of clothing, I'm beginning to wonder if they're actauly stopping the show and going "But you know, guys, this sort of thing is super fucked up and stuff."

It's just pure
1pmmYcH.gif

Mortemis

Banned

Lain

On one hand, color pages in that colossal edition are a nice addition. On the other hand, the colossal edition is too colossal in every sense. It ends up being almost gross to me.

scy

Welcome to the El-Palacio 38 - Masked girl backstory time and I really just want this to end so I can see Ouka being an adorable blushing idiot again.

On one hand, color pages in that colossal edition are a nice addition. On the other hand, the colossal edition is too colossal in every sense. It ends up being almost gross to me.

Well yeah, who would want to read manga in that size. Might as well make it an artbook or something.

Shimoeda-san Chi no Akarui Shokutaku 1

He has sex with his new wife and his new sister-in-law.

Shimoeda-san Chi no Akarui Shokutaku 2

He has sex with his new wife again.

Shimoeda-san Chi no Akarui Shokutaku 3

He has sex with his new mother-in-law.

Shimoeda-san Chi no Akarui Shokutaku 4

He has sex with his new wife, sister-in-law, and her fellow coworker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom