• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Naruto

Uh... huh ok.

Ashura's chakra mech looks like a combination of Naruto's BM and Susanoo, I guess it makes sense since he is Ashura after all, but man is it ugly.

Also I wonder where Hashiramas wood powers fit in to all of this. They are like the manga's go too bandaid fix, but so far they seem completely unique to one dude.

smurfx

get some go again
One Piece 742:

Kind of lazy on Oda's part with the handling of Ussop and disappointing at the same time since I was hoping for some character growth at least in strength, but this chapter felt like regression back to the pre 2 year time skip days. And smh @ Franky, could he at least have gotten some blows in on the lower level Doflamingo flunkies? Everyone looks perfectly fine but him.

But at the same time, I'm glad we are moving on to the counter attack, and the ending with Sugar was satisfying enough. Doflamingo's face is going to be priceless next chapter (hopefully not another Enel face) and I'm looking forward to seeing how the people react to their memories being restored. That flashback was pretty sad though. Especially Kyros losing his wife to Diamante. Doing something like that to Rebecca and Kyros, I'm kind of wondering if Oda plans on killing him, because a simple white eyed beat down/going to jail isn't enough to avenge something like that. But I'm overthinking One Piece again.
i think he might get beaten down here but his death might come in the next arc after doflamingo and his crew have to leave the island and get chased down by kaidou for failing to provide him with anymore s.a.d fruits. his crew getting killed off by kaidou offscreen would be a better way of handling any deaths and also hyping up kaidou for the next showdown.

One Piece
This was bleak, Kyros's past further revealed, Usopp and Franky loosing....then I laughed my butt off with that anti-climatic victory for Usopp. Them faces!

Bleach
Yeah, his face and attitude annoys me. Next chapter better have him loose that composure of his.

Naruto
No Gai outcome is disappointing. Guess more backstory for next chapter then.

Defuser

Inugami-san to Sarutobi-kun
No wonder I find this artwork so familar, it turns out the author of this is the author of Renai Shimasen Ka? Will continue to read.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto
Did Kishimoto straight up lift this chapter from fan fiction?

Like seriously. It'd only be more complete if Naruto were somehow sent back in time to redo his life or some shit.

Do you guys remember when this series actually was good? Without Ninja Jesuses or power levels, and when side characters actually had a shot at being more than fodder?

Also is it me or does this guy sort of look like Will Farrell?
Gy6BZaK.png

Naruto

Wow lots of answers.The Sage allies with Naruto because he believes in his son. Wonder if Madara is the reincarnation of Indra or Sasuke? Not much to say, a great chapter.

Bleach

My powa! No, my powa! times 100000000000000000000000000

One Piece

Poor Kyros, him and Luffy gonna haul ass and smash Doffy. Will be interesting to see how he fights given he was turned into a toy right after he cut off his leg. Usopp better pull a just as planned or else I'll lose it, c'mon man! And now that the Colosseum will erupt, SABO PLZ

SykoTech

Naruto

What do ya know. First chapter of the year that Mr. Talk no Jutsu has been in (while conscious anyway). And it's a chapter of nothing but, you guessed it, talking!

And not even the good kind of talking. Mostly just stuff we already knew, with the only big revelations being that the Sage had a brother (2 Sages vs 10 Tails? What happened to the other guy?) and Naruto is the reincarnation of the Sage's son (screw that...ugggh).

Save me, Guy...aw who am I kidding. He's going to die off screen while all this chatting is going on.

One Piece

Can someone explain to me what Usopp just did? All I see is his toungue (and eyes I think as well) extending. What is he doing? Is that smoke or something?

One Piece

Can someone explain to me what Usopp just did? All I see is his toungue (and eyes I think as well) extending. What is he doing? Is that smoke or something?
Panels too small like always. I though maybe Usopp new the berry would do something like transfer out of his mouth into Sugar. Then I realized I wasn't reading Death Note.

upandaway

One Piece

I'm really surprised that you guys found that confusing. He ate the tabasco berry, he screamed because it was a tabasco berry, his yell surprised Sugar. It's incredibly straightforward.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Seriously, how do you guys find it confusing? The only way it could be more straight-forward is the inclusion of video game tutorial boxes.

*sees upandaway's edit* Oh... that would explain so much.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But how does Haki factor into it?

Is Usopp getting Haki????

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
But how does Haki factor into it?

Is Usopp getting Haki????

There's no Haki!
She got scared, it happened with Perona back in Thriller Bark, and it happened here.
Hell, if you look closely, you can see Usopp's "100 Ton Hammer" off to the side. Meaning Usopp was trying to scare her before, and it didn't work.

Panels too small like always. I though maybe Usopp new the berry would do something like transfer out of his mouth into Sugar. Then I realized I wasn't reading Death Note.

He ate the grape, and his tongue and eyes exploded into the face of an Eldritch Abomination.

Thanks. All I saw was Usopp's toungue and eyes extending, so I found it confusing that the girl passed out. I thought Usopp did something special with the berry or something, but it turns out the girl just freaked out upon seeing him get affected. Makes sense now that someone explained it.

Aizo

Banned
Crazy night. I'm still traveling up North, and I couldn't find a place to sleep. Met some cool people, and got a ride to a place to sleep about 5 hours later. Anyway, I'm sleeping in a manga cafe tonight. Is this how Lain feels every night?

Kyuur

Bleach

Meh. I hope this is Yachiru's imagination because if not, Kenpachi's return has been very underwhelming.

Naruto

The sage trying to fit into the current dialect was hilarious as well, looking forward to that in the anime. Otherwise kind of boring.

Toriko

Don't like the Nitro dude. The scene with the apple was pretty awesome though, he had me going when he said it was part of the full course. Looking forward to the new arc to wash the bad taste of the anime out.

One Piece

Kyros is an amazing character, that leg cut and realization that's the reason he hops around on one leg in toy form. The gloves were cute as well. I feel like he or Rebecca could be part of the crew, since they are both outcasts with tragic backstories.

Franky did a pretty good job, he took out at least one major crew member and most likely a ton of lackies, and got ganged up on by at least 3 major players. Ussop is a bit disappointing, but he did his job and the twist is welcome. Now Robin can come back and they can take on slime dude together. -crosses fingers- Next chapter should be amazing!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto

Uh... huh ok.

Ashura's chakra mech looks like a combination of Naruto's BM and Susanoo, I guess it makes sense since he is Ashura after all, but man is it ugly.

Also I wonder where Hashiramas wood powers fit in to all of this. They are like the manga's go too bandaid fix, but so far they seem completely unique to one dude.

It's just a Kekkei-Genkai nature that combines the Earth and Water elements.

Yamada and the seven witches 103
tumblr_n321fuPSUj1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Had slightly panicked over what people were saying Yamada leaving the council but in context it went better than expected. Miyamura's silent understanding and ability to just let Yamada do whatever is great.

Sid is crazy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bleach

Couldn't the kid just imagine "Kenpachi will now turn into ash" and be done with it? It seems so simple.

Crazy night. I'm still traveling up North, and I couldn't find a place to sleep. Met some cool people, and got a ride to a place to sleep about 5 hours later. Anyway, I'm sleeping in a manga cafe tonight. Is this how Lain feels every night?

Were you in any danger of getting crushed by manga while you slept though?

Akito

I would never be able to sleep with so much manga around me. At least until after I've checked them all out.

Haly

There's no Haki!
She got scared, it happened with Perona back in Thriller Bark, and it happened here.
Hell, if you look closely, you can see Usopp's "100 Ton Hammer" off to the side. Meaning Usopp was trying to scare her before, and it didn't work.
Hakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think its funny that literally everyone's powers in Naruto basically came from a Devil Fruit. Also, the existence of a second brother who had the Ten Tails sealed inside him means....what? There's a second half of the Ten-Tails?!

Haly

I still think its funny that literally everyone's powers in Naruto basically came from a Devil Fruit. Also, the existence of a second brother who had the Ten Tails sealed inside him means....what? There's a second half of the Ten-Tails?!

Naruto and One Piece confirmed to be in the same universe.

The Void Century... is the life of Naruto!!!

Dynedom

You know, after reading a lot of shounen, I never thought I'd ever find a series that I found too long, even for Shounen. One with a stupid narrative, dumb characters and stupid motivations and that possibly should have ended at the second major arc before they had a chance to devolve into stupidity. I never really thought I'd read something like that.

Then I read Code; Breaker.

Marche90

Another Wednesday, another update for those two series...

Naruto 670

Surprise!
not.

I won't be surprised if in future chapters Naruto can use the Rinnegan or other types of eyes. In fact, I'll leave this post to say "Called it!"

Bleach 574

Kenpachi bending the laws of the universe (or the power of the new guy)? Another not-suprise.

Lain

That picture is like a wet dream for me. It also gives me an idea for how I should try and set the mess of volumes in my room.

Bleach 574
Imagination strikes again! The fight is just escalating at this point. "I trap you in a cube of water then toss you into the fissure. Then drown you for an hour." "Nu-uh! I can break out and beat you up." Then you have the weird sideline commentary on about how the other guys didn't notice Zaraki until the walls went up. So if it turns out that that Zaraki was a fake imagined up by Yachiru, I will be so pleased with Kubo. That would be an amazing twist.

Naruto 670
Naruto meets up with the Sage of the Six Paths. And then the Sage has to speak slang to help Naruto understand. Then we get backstory on how the Sage created Ninshuu (not Ninjutsu) and how his sons, Indra and Ashura, started fighting each other. And then they started a war when Indra decided that he would be a better leader than Ashura. Now the two are being continuously reincarnated. So it turns out that Naruto is the current reincarnation. Heh. Hahaha! What's this about hard work and training beating out conditions at birth? Naruto is the luckiest person in the world! He was the son of the fourth Hokage and an Uzumaki jinchuriki. And now you're telling me that he's a reincarnation of the SOTSP's son?

One Piece 742
We get more backstory on Kyros and it's pretty dark. "With these tin hands, I can't even feel the warmth of your dying body". It also neatly explains why he only had one leg as a toy. So Franky gets defeated after fighting two of Doflamingo's executives and a vice-admiral. The enemy are aware that the Straw Hats have infiltrated the castle. And even Usopp is defeated. Though Usopp does manage to scare Sugar into unconsciousness. That face is becoming a staple of the OP franchise. Next chapter will be great. Probably. As a note, all those pirates will probably become Luffy's allies.

Toriko 271
Alright. They talk to Chichi and it turns out that he really likes women and collecting women's clothing. But he does show them an ordinary apple. Which is really strange now that you think about it. Just a regular apple? Okay. But the apple has the scent of one of Acacia's full course ingredients. So they eat the apple and have one finally supper before they go to the Gourmet World. After they promise to give more clothing to the Nitro guy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach 574
Imagination strikes again! The fight is just escalating at this point. "I trap you in a cube of water then toss you into the fissure. Then drown you for an hour." "Nu-uh! I can break out and beat you up." Then you have the weird sideline commentary on about how the other guys didn't notice Zaraki until the walls went up. So if it turns out that that Zaraki was a fake imagined up by Yachiru, I will be so pleased with Kubo. That would be an amazing twist.

Naruto 670
Naruto meets up with the Sage of the Six Paths. And then the Sage has to speak slang to help Naruto understand. Then we get backstory on how the Sage created Ninshuu (not Ninjutsu) and how his sons, Indra and Ashura, started fighting each other. And then they started a war when Indra decided that he would be a better leader than Ashura. Now the two are being continuously reincarnated. So it turns out that Naruto is the current reincarnation. Heh. Hahaha! What's this about hard work and training beating out conditions at birth? Naruto is the luckiest person in the world! He was the son of the fourth Hokage and an Uzumaki jinchuriki. And now you're telling me that he's a reincarnation of the SOTSP's son?

One Piece 742
We get more backstory on Kyros and it's pretty dark. "With these tin hands, I can't even feel the warmth of your dying body". It also neatly explains why he only had one leg as a toy. So Franky gets defeated after fighting two of Doflamingo's executives and a vice-admiral. The enemy are aware that the Straw Hats have infiltrated the castle. And even Usopp is defeated. Though Usopp does manage to scare Sugar into unconsciousness. That face is becoming a staple of the OP franchise. Next chapter will be great. Probably. As a note, all those pirates will probably become Luffy's allies.

Toriko 271
Alright. They talk to Chichi and it turns out that he really likes women and collecting women's clothing. But he does show them an ordinary apple. Which is really strange now that you think about it. Just a regular apple? Okay. But the apple has the scent of one of Acacia's full course ingredients. So they eat the apple and have one finally supper before they go to the Gourmet World. After they promise to give more clothing to the Nitro guy.

Naruto: a true underdog story about reincarnated Ninja Jesus with unlimited Uzumaki chakra and unlimited Nine Tails chakra.

Bleach 574

Naruto 670

One Piece 742

Toriko 271

we should all make are reviews like this from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom