• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto 670
Naruto meets up with the Sage of the Six Paths. And then the Sage has to speak slang to help Naruto understand. Then we get backstory on how the Sage created Ninshuu (not Ninjutsu) and how his sons, Indra and Ashura, started fighting each other. And then they started a war when Indra decided that he would be a better leader than Ashura. Now the two are being continuously reincarnated. So it turns out that Naruto is the current reincarnation. Heh. Hahaha! What's this about hard work and training beating out conditions at birth? Naruto is the luckiest person in the world! He was the son of the fourth Hokage and an Uzumaki jinchuriki. And now you're telling me that he's a reincarnation of the SOTSP's son?

By this point I'm convinced Kishi realised he accidentally made Naruto ninja-jesus and hopes that by repeating really often and really hard how he's the underdog, we'll buy it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka volume 1&2
A story about high school graduate who become NEET. She search for a job after that, and see as she struggle to find a job, and learn a thing or two about being responsible. Cute manga who sometime take a jab at reality. Can't recommend enough, i think it's a very good manga.

Terra formars Volume 2

So I just found out that there were separate chapters 1-5 that I never got to read because I thought there was time skip early.

That suddenly makes a lotttt more sense.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*looks over TOC* RIP Iron Knight. Kind of figured this would happen...

This is Illegal Rare's first ranking, not very good. It may last a year, or it will get swiftly killed.
Next week is IShojo's first ranking, we'll see how that fares.
In two weeks, Stealth Symphony. That's the one International Jump readers should pay attention to.

Also, my subscription to International Jump expires soon. Good. Viz can kiss my ass.

Look Viz, if you want more people to subscribe, you need to have more series. What you have now is pitiful. Quit making excuses like "too racy" or "too violent". Clearly you don't care if it's just Shonen Jump as you have All You Need is Kill from Young Jump. Get some series from that.
Jump editor Sakaki even said "we're not happy with the subscription numbers". Gee, maybe you should try to fix that!
Also, get rid of that "Zolo" crap.

Oh, and enough of the Yu-Gi-Oh card promotions. Get some other fucking promotions because most people probably don't care about Yu-Gi-Oh anymore.

By this point I'm convinced Kishi realised he accidentally made Naruto ninja-jesus and hopes that by repeating really often and really hard how he's the underdog, we'll buy it.

Don't forget that there is another Jesus that had everything handed to him .
So when you have 2 one working hard make sense lol .

I must be the only one who has no idea what the fuck is happening on the final page of One Piece.

051098072-03-sausage-making.jpg

The writer must not have even had a Nura fandom to gather some votes for the series to land in the bottom five now. Cant imagine it would rise considering how dull second and third chapters.
Haikyu!! (Cover, Lead Color)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Toriko
Kuroko no Basket
Naruto
Eikyu Fumetsu Devil Point (Center color, oneshot by author of Sket Dance)
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
World Trigger
Stealth Symphony
Tokyo Wonder Boys
Shokugeki no Soma (Center color)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Gintama
Bleach
iShojo
Illegal Rare
Soul Catcher(s)
Nisekoi
Kochikame
Iron Knight (End)

Issue 19:
Cover - Haikyu!!
Lead color - Naruto
Center Color - Saiki Kusuo no PSInan, Haikyu!! (31 pages)
Oneshot - Nemuri Netaro Arawaru!! (Author of Reborn!, center color, 54 pages)
At least our goddess of shonen action manga is back (Akira Amano) and more Haikyuu!!
where is this list from?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto 670
Naruto meets up with the Sage of the Six Paths. And then the Sage has to speak slang to help Naruto understand. Then we get backstory on how the Sage created Ninshuu (not Ninjutsu) and how his sons, Indra and Ashura, started fighting each other. And then they started a war when Indra decided that he would be a better leader than Ashura. Now the two are being continuously reincarnated. So it turns out that Naruto is the current reincarnation. Heh. Hahaha! What's this about hard work and training beating out conditions at birth? Naruto is the luckiest person in the world! He was the son of the fourth Hokage and an Uzumaki jinchuriki. And now you're telling me that he's a reincarnation of the SOTSP's son?

Literally the reincarnation of Jesus,

Also - the sage is going to reveal that he still has his half of the jyuubi and is going to bestow it to Naruto. lolol.

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings March 17th - March 23rd

01. Fairy Tail #42 (310,059 / 310,759)
02. Jojolion #6 (250,206)
03. Uchuu Kyoudai #23 (216,897)
04. Daiya no Ace #40 (195,617 / 196,304)
05. Skip Beat! #34 (155,706)
06. One Piece #73 (136,322 / 2,561,355)
07. Moyashimon #13 (128,819)
08. Koe no Katachi #3 (109,833 / 110,069)
09. Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R #1 (97,500 / 97,857)
10. Area no Kishi #40 (82,555 / 82,751)
11. Hayate no Gotoku! #40 (81,666)
12. UQ Holder! #2 (73,127)
13. Moyashimon Limited Edition #13 (70,929)
14. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai #25 (67,497)
15. Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo #11 (67,063 / 67,217)
16. Gin no Saji #11 (63,805 / 788,062)
17. Sora no Otoshimono #20 (62,790)
18. Angel Heart 2nd Season #8 (62,086)
19. Kamisama no Iutohri Ni #6 (61,551)
20. Kimi no iru Machi #27 (59,801 / 59,960)
21. Aa! Megami-sama! #47 (58,730)
22. Baby Steps #30 (57,213 / 57,463)
23. Naruto #68 (54,908 / 925,185)
24. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #8 (53,128 / 574,400)
25. Kuroko no Basket #26 (52,762 / 646,488)
26. Hiyokoi #12 (46,595 / 85,554)
27. Adamas #10 (45,546)
28. Hanakimi to Koisuru Watashi #8 (43,341 / 107,484)
29. Rin #5 (42,510 / 42,747)
30. Hayate no Gotoku! Limited Edition #40 (42,366)
31. Daiya no Ace Official Guidebook Omote (42,068)
32. Days #5 (41,911)
33. Fantasista Stella #6 (41,137)
34. Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai Limited Edition #25 (37,998)
35. Bleach #62 (35,275 / 506,795)
36. Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome #10 (33,615)
37. Gekko Jorei #28 (32,630)
38. Ouji to Majo to Himegimi to #11 (29,523)
39. Orange Chocolate #13 (29,149)
40. Bakuon Densetu Kaburagi #9 (28,885)
41. Kyoukai no Rinne #20 (26,803)
42. Toriko #29 (26,370 / 313,560)
43. Monster Musume no iru Nichijou #5 (25,697 / 75,507)
44. Gokukoku no Brynhildr #8 (25,564)
45. Kantai Collection~Kankore~ Anthology Comic Yokosuka Chinjufu-hen #4 (25,394 / 63,496)
46. Nisekoi #11 (25,345 / 277,561)
47. Keroro Gunsou #25 (24,533)
48. Acma:Game #5 (24,404)
49. Shin Tennis no Oujisama #12 (24,304 / 232,247)
50. Itoshi no Muuko #5 (22,548)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Don't forget that there is another Jesus that had everything handed to him .
So when you have 2 one working hard make sense lol .

Because naruto didn't have the most chakra of anyone alive aside from Kisame, nor was he further augmented with (half) of the 9 tails, the most powerful of the 9 tailed beasts by far (more powerful than the others combined, really), nor did he have blood ties to every Hokage, nor was he of the gifted uzumaki bloodline, nor did he have the natural talent to master the multi-shadow clone jutsu in less than a day, nor did he have the talent to master the rasengan in a week, nor did he have the talent to master sage mode, nor did he have the talent to use the Bijuu-dama, nor does he have a freakish amount of stamina.

Nope! No talent at all! And nothing handed to him!

Aizo

Banned
Were you in any danger of getting crushed by manga while you slept though?
Okay, so maybe it isn't like Lain's.
I would never be able to sleep with so much manga around me. At least until after I've checked them all out.
I was (still am after just a few hours of sleep) really fucking tired. Plus, I've been to manga cafes before.
That picture is like a wet dream for me. It also gives me an idea for how I should try and set the mess of volumes in my room.
One day, you'll sleep in a bed made of books, and you will drive your kids to school in your car made of manga.

Tamanon

Banned
Because naruto didn't have the most chakra of anyone alive aside from Kisame, nor was he further augmented with (half) of the 9 tails, the most powerful of the 9 tailed beasts by far (more powerful than the others combined, really), nor did he have blood ties to every Hokage, nor was he of the gifted uzumaki bloodline, nor did he have the natural talent to master the multi-shadow clone jutsu in less than a day, nor did he have the talent to master the rasengan in a week, nor did he have the talent to master sage mode, nor did he have the talent to use the Bijuu-dama, nor does he have a freakish amount of stamina.

And the best part is, he's still a fucking genin.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how he didn't even get the two brothers in the same tradition. He's apparently referencing the Buddhist concept of the Asura (the three faces and six arms) and Indra, a Hindu storm god.

That means nothing compare to eye powers if we talking about the next Jesus lol .
Truth is while i joking in some ways , the naruto world all about eyes .

Khezu

Also despite him being the series buttmonkey, he is surprisingly smart in combat, on par with Sasuke, maybe better.

The only reason he was ever a bad shinobi from the start was because no one would train him, and his own insecurities/persecution complex.

If Minato and Kushina lived, trained him, and the village didn't hate him for his first 13 years of his life, he would have probably been the top of his class.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Naruto

lol So he's a reincarnation? This series needs to end.

One Piece

LOL That face got me.

Bleach

Please end this fight. It's already overstayed its welcome.

Naruto

Liked the chapter for its backstory. Glad Naruto is not the sage of six paths. Also really like how alien the sage and his mother look.

You know what I'm thinking. Since the other brother is clearly Sasuke and last time he did not co operate maybe this time he or basically sasuke will.

Naruto may finally go DBZ. Naruto Sasuke transformation incoming? That would be epic!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I didn't know Obata was working on All You Need Is Kill.

Naruto 670

Do you think Naruto would be where he is without hard work? Its like you forgot about the entirety of the series before this point. Just because he has large chakra reserves does not make him powerful. He had it when he was younger yet its useless if you don't know how to perform the techniques correctly and know when. It certainly helped and made him achieve great things but it was primarily based on his hard work.

Furthermore having the nine tails is not the luckiest thing in the world. Far form it since it led to him being ostracised when he was small. Before he learned to control it, it would cause massive damage to him for the price of power.

In addition being the so of the 4th Hokage really doesn't grant him much as the sage himself even says in this chapter that it won't necessarily grant him power. He even uses Naruto as an example.

Naruto 670

So next chapter reveals Sasuke is the reincarnation of the ninja antichrist.

Shocking.

Bleach 574

I want him to be a fake so bad.

If he was real then this match would have been over already.

One Piece 742

You've done well, Usopp.

You've done well.

Charade

I guess it depends on if it stays slice-of-life stretching shenanigans or starts delving into the hinted-at dark backstory.

Ah good point. I was expecting a tone shift after the nightmare chapter, but everything's been business as usual. It'll probably pop up again though

scy

Koe no Katachi 31 - This chapter did the impossible and made me not hate the mom as much as I used to. This family is getting all of the feels :(

Toriko 271 - An apple.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I like how he didn't even get the two brothers in the same tradition. He's apparently referencing the Buddhist concept of the Asura (the three faces and six arms) and Indra, a Hindu storm god.
Not to mention in Hindu mythology, asuras are evil demons and always fighting the devas, which are the good gods. And Indra's brother is Agni.

Stretch 18
hah, they got carried away as usual. hopefully that upskirt shot was just from our perspective, and she wasn't showing it off to anyone passing by (doubt it though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom