• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

That's a pretty rude response that adds nothing to the discussion. How do you know that this person hasn't supported the author? How do you know their living conditions, or the availability of the manga in their country?

It's cool that you like to support the author--I mean it. Still, I think it's unfair to try and make others guilty for not being like you. You can't know their circumstances, reasons, or whether or not they actually are purchasing the manga.

That's his gimmick though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
just realized someone I know liked a sasunaru doujin lol

Seishun Rikon 1
Holy shit this was a pain in the ass to read. At least Hero's art has definitely improved from what I've seen of Hori-san to Miyamura-kun.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's a pretty rude response that adds nothing to the discussion. How do you know that this person hasn't supported the author? How do you know their living conditions, or the availability of the manga in their country?

It's cool that you like to support the author--I mean it. Still, I think it's unfair to try and make others guilty for not being like you. You can't know their circumstances, reasons, or whether or not they actually are purchasing the manga.

Hell, I've never bought a volume but Nisekoi is on both my SJ and Crunchyroll subs, so I actually do.

I recommend donating money to them directly. A lot of that money you're spending is going to the publisher, and to many other fees.
I like print brah. That's my true gimmick. Got Soul Catcher(s) 1-3 Be Blues 1-4, Hyoukyuuhime 1, Mongrel 1 87 Clockers 1 and that ballet manga on yhe way. Need those physical copies.

Charade

Reiroukan Kenzai Nariya 1

f2wW5qF.jpg

Fine art indeed. Guy moves into a fancy boarding house with some peculiar tenants. I'm loving the humor in this so far, the art complements it really well.

Aizo

Banned
I like print brah. That's my true gimmick. Got Soul Catcher(s) 1-3 Be Blues 1-4, Hyoukyuuhime 1, Mongrel 1 87 Clockers 1 and that ballet manga on yhe way. Need those physical copies.

If you really cared about the mangaka, you'd donate your money directly to them and ship the volumes from Japan, too. Support the mangaka; it's the right thing to do.

Sket Dance 1-152

Great mixture of comedy and drama. I don't laugh at all the jokes but I'm always invested in what the characters are up to. Gonna go back to reading shortly.

After reading through Thriller Bark I don't even notice Zolo any more. Hell sometimes I actually think Zolo instead of Zoro. What's in a name!

It's weird how I'm totally used to Zolo yet I always get pissed off when I see "Teech."

About Ryuusein I think
with his power to change gender he became a guy to protect Saki who protected him/her when little

I mean it fits. It's quite obvious that's the case actually.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Do you think Naruto would be where he is without hard work? Its like you forgot about the entirety of the series before this point. Just because he has large chakra reserves does not make him powerful. He had it when he was younger yet its useless if you don't know how to perform the techniques correctly and know when. It certainly helped and made him achieve great things but it was primarily based on his hard work.

Furthermore having the nine tails is not the luckiest thing in the world. Far form it since it led to him being ostracised when he was small. Before he learned to control it, it would cause massive damage to him for the price of power.

In addition being the so of the 4th Hokage really doesn't grant him much as the sage himself even says in this chapter that it won't necessarily grant him power. He even uses Naruto as an example.

That doesn't change the fact that he's a genetic freak and a genius who mastered the rasengan in a week. He can manipulate his chakra so well that he can distribute it among thousands of people while fighting at the same time. He can even do it subconsciously (see: shikamaru).

He's a freak.

Kishimoto keeps trying to push this hard work narrative when every one of the major characters is either a genetic freak like Kisame or a genius who became a jonin before hitting puberty.

At times he's tried to push Naruto and even Sasuke as hard work overachievers when it's clear they were just late bloomers. People like Neji and Gaara become Jonin and Kazekage, Shikamaru becomes head of one of the divisions of the world shinobi alliance, Naruto and Sasuke become more powerful than S-ranked village-destroying shinobi like Orochimaru, Itachi, and Nagato, and Rock Lee is still a Chunin. kakashi was jonin at 10. Itachi was head of ANBU at 13. The list goes on and on.

I'm not saying Naruto doesn't work hard. Just that the theme kishimoto tries to push is bullshit.

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom

Dat badass moment of Shin, dat Fist of the North Star moment of Yotanwa, and even a guest appearance by Kyoukai! Too good. Great way to end this arc.

Charade

Sentou Hakai Dangerous 7

Haha. I thought they would keep the same general body shape, but I guess not lol. But does (s)he still have BO?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That doesn't change the fact that he's a genetic freak and a genius who mastered the rasengan in a week. He can manipulate his chakra so well that he can distribute it among thousands of people while fighting at the same time. He can even do it subconsciously (see: shikamaru).

He's a freak.

Kishimoto keeps trying to push this hard work narrative when every one of the major characters is either a genetic freak like Kisame or a genius who became a jonin before hitting puberty.

At times he's tried to push Naruto and even Sasuke as hard work overachievers when it's clear they were just late bloomers. People like Neji and Gaara become Jonin and Kazekage, Shikamaru becomes head of one of the divisions of the world shinobi alliance, Naruto and Sasuke become more powerful than S-ranked village-destroying shinobi like Orochimaru, Itachi, and Nagato, and Rock Lee is still a Chunin. kakashi was jonin at 10. Itachi was head of ANBU at 13. The list goes on and on.

I'm not saying Naruto doesn't work hard. Just that the theme kishimoto tries to push is bullshit.

Its a life lesson. Untalented losers are mostly eating ramen out of upturned frisbees, not becoming the president.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Shishunki Bitter Change 6
awww shit son, they're middle schoolers! Yuuta is obviously having trouble making friends with girls, while Yui can fake it pretty well. Kazuma is such a bro. Can't wait to see where this is going

Sen to Man 08

Blogging about family members. What a weird thought.

Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai 06

Well the series gotten better now the useless shoujo lead dumped her first boyfriend. I guess lots of doki doki feelings and suddenly a meat body pillow.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 06

These transfer students are very interesting.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous 07

Now this got even more super interesting.

Valkyria Engine 4.5

Everyone wants the main dude's popsicle.

Black Yome ni Yoroshiku! 03

I thought they would actually start the chapter with some S&M with that candle wax but alas.

Also, big sister boobs.

The Flow 38

The explanation that he couldn't be affected by the illusion to reveal his past that it wasn't his time yet was actually acceptable and believable in context. If it was revealed then the series would probably be ended or on the verge of it. Her defeated face was priceless.

Kamitoki no Resist 5

Shoujo manga continue to have great character art. The Jinkishi Youki plot got a bit deeper while having clarification but kept the action to a minimum with the Nagi event. Good chapter to close out the volume maybe. With new resolve I think he could finally attain the magic power needed to win.

MilkBeard

So MangaGaf, how is the Bleach manga after the end of the anime? I was getting sad because the anime ends just after the Arrancar arc, and then found out that the manga is still going. I'm really happy to hear that. The final showdown towards the end is probably one of my favorite arcs in all of anime/manga. I've read a comment that the stuff that happens afterward is pretty good.

dumbyugi

So MangaGaf, how is the Bleach manga after the end of the anime? I was getting sad because the anime ends just after the Arrancar arc, and then found out that the manga is still going. I'm really happy to hear that. The final showdown towards the end is probably one of my favorite arcs in all of anime/manga. I've read a comment that the stuff that happens afterward is pretty good.

Now would be a good time to read/catch up to the manga. It's in it's final arc and will probably be finished either this year or early next year. I don't read Bleach but I would imagine that if you like Bleach then you'll probably like the stuff that happens after the anime's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom