• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
So MangaGaf, how is the Bleach manga after the end of the anime? I was getting sad because the anime ends just after the Arrancar arc, and then found out that the manga is still going. I'm really happy to hear that. The final showdown towards the end is probably one of my favorite arcs in all of anime/manga. I've read a comment that the stuff that happens afterward is pretty good.

It's pretty great right now. This arc is very cool.

Or can just wait for it to get animated, but that might be another year or so.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So MangaGaf, how is the Bleach manga after the end of the anime? I was getting sad because the anime ends just after the Arrancar arc, and then found out that the manga is still going. I'm really happy to hear that. The final showdown towards the end is probably one of my favorite arcs in all of anime/manga. I've read a comment that the stuff that happens afterward is pretty good.

It's the same bullshit as before, so if you liked that you'll like this.

Bleach's manga after the end of the anime is really great, the plot so far has really been interesting and the fights are intense and amazing. So if you want to read the manga I say read because it's worth it.

MilkBeard

Bleach's manga after the end of the anime is really great, the plot so far has really been interesting and the fights are intense and amazing. So if you want to read the manga I say read because it's worth it.

I originally started reading the manga first, but then switched to watching the anime because at the time I was reading them from bookstores and their collections are usually not complete. I have crunchy roll so I pretty much marathoned the series a little bit ago.

I remember the manga having a good artstyle, so it will be nice to return to it.

Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!! 04

This might give some sort of new fetish as the demon king as a horse.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 244

Not particular about anything in particular.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 245

Cosplay as a squid girl?

Lain

QQ Sweeper 1
q8E.jpg

That's Kyousuke Motomi alright.
This begins well enough and has me quite interested, though it feels like something I'd rather follow in a volume by volume format rather than a chapter by chapter format.

Kreed

Liar Game 170:

Almost forgot this series existed it's been on hiatus so long. Looks like this may be the final story arc though once Nao saves Fukunaga.

I'd say this current arc has been better then how the arracar war played out so you'll enjoy it

Fairy Tail Erza side chapter

For a chapter where someones panties get stolen off their butt it wasn't that interesting

Fairy Tail 377

Can't think of the last time Wendy kicked ass like that, and yet she still failed lol

upandaway

Peephole 17

I died at "she looks cute!" haha oh man. His reactions always get me, I don't even know how he does it so consistently.

Sharp eccentric cops are never safe in criminal MC stories. Never, ever safe.

Goddam Nakaba Suzuki is the complete package mangaka. Expressive art, dynamic paneling, story structure, compelling narrative, world building, intrigue and characters. It's going to be a tough wait for the second volume and the first major battle

A little late but: Naruto

Bullshit chapter. The narrative felt really forced.
"Ask me about my past". Oh, FFS.
He just assumed Naruto wanted to know about his past like he was important. But then he found out Naruto did not give a crap because he was an old geezer
Naruto
Did Kishimoto straight up lift this chapter from fan fiction?

Like seriously. It'd only be more complete if Naruto were somehow sent back in time to redo his life or some shit.

Do you guys remember when this series actually was good? Without Ninja Jesuses or power levels, and when side characters actually had a shot at being more than fodder?

Also is it me or does this guy sort of look like Will Farrell?
Gy6BZaK.png
I knew he looked familiar, but I could not put my finger on it. Will Farrell, creator of Ninshuu.

Linkark07

Banned
Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 18

Super duper blushing.
That mother at the end. Way to ruin the mood.

At the beginning of the final arc it was interesting but now Kubo returned to the same way he progressed the plot through FKT arc. Random enemy appears, some named captain fight him/her. Random enemy defeat the shinigamis, then another captain or important character appear. Said character defeat random enemy yet random enemy shows he has another powerup and beats the out the crap of the shinigami. Then another shinigami appear after training and finally defeats random enemy. Each fight takes like 4 to 6 chapters.
Plus those random enemies have some bs powers.

So no, I wouldn't recommend it.

Plus the new big bad seems to be more broken than Aizen, even on butterfly mode. Imagine that

Fairy tail 378

For a moment I thought "maybe he'll actually kill them" or at least I was hoping "maybe he'll leave it open for a chapter" just to gives us fake suspense, but no he confirms they're alive at the end of the chapter

Articalys

It is, but now I'm so confused. Does this mean they fail at reconciling in this life?
The path of reincarnation might not be linear for all we know (somehow).

Also, I don't know how I didn't notice at first, but their artificial limbs match the damage they took from their samurai-era reincarnations.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Also, I don't know how I didn't notice at first, but their artificial limbs match the damage they took from their samurai-era reincarnations.

I don't understand why though. They don't seem to have those injuries in the present time.

kewlmyc

TWGOK 265:

I swear to God if they end this with him in a coma.... If this is ending in the next chapter, then I don't see any possible way they can give us a satisfying conclusion.

TWGOK 265
Well they'll need to get a decent amount done next chapter if they are finishing next chapter. Seems like we'll probably get at least another chapter though

Charade

Mob Psycho 100 58

Now this is getting interesting. Very introspective chapter. I think the longest one we've had in a while too.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Well, I guess it makes thematic sense if the reincarnations form a "circle" (i.e., Fortuna is also in the future or something, and there's really no beginning or end to this), but just trying to make sense of it is hurting my brain. He's imposing a nonlinear idea in a linear format and I don't like it damn it.

That was something that stuck out immediately to me. I think it lends credence to the whole nonlinear reincarnation cycle. Like Vann probably came after Flors in time (middle ages vs classical greek), but the birthmark started with Vann.

Dynedom

re: Fairy Tail

I honestly expect Simon to make a return in Fairy Tail and I'd imagine the reactions to Mashima bringing back are going to be glorious.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
He just assumed Naruto wanted to know about his past like he was important. But then he found out Naruto did not give a crap because he was an old geezer

I knew he looked familiar, but I could not put my finger on it. Will Farrell, creator of Ninshuu.

When scraping at the bottom of a barrel, you'll always find a will Farrell

Mort posts some stuff, the guy in post replies, mort gets banned, people are flared up about it. Give it a few hours. Not worth going to Gaming side right now.

Been busy with FFX HD so haven't posted as much.

Naruto

Real original names Kishi. Also wtf 6 Sage had a brother? Whats with Kishi and brothers? Is he a brocon? Makes me sad that Gai's epic moment got shafted for this BS.

Bleach
Yo I heard you like to imagine shit, too bad bro, I'm THE KENPACHI! Slice all that crap down to size.

One Piece

LOL Tsudere Princess, sad how she died. Usopp's face is nightmare fuel. Funny how Sugar was knocked out though.

Anyways lets get the fighting started!

UQ Holder
Well damn, sucks for the hunters that Vamp-chan is on the battlefield with her own squad, nice knowing you mooks.

Fairy Tail
Woo go Wendy! Great job with the Dragon Force. Made me almost shed a tear at the end. Then lolicon Mest comes and saves her.... A passed out Wendy and Charla with a lolicon Mest..... Mashima don't get any ideas please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom