• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n3b92fmZTa1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

yes work your best! Give us more Toriko chapters

I need to watch out that bad taste of the anime

Gourmet world awaits

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 35

Coming closer to the end. Can feel it starting to tug on my heart strings already. Gahhh this is going to be messy :/

Don't want it to end. Need more Yuuko :( (guess I'm jumping straight into the anime after this)

Man I hope this isn't going to be as sad as I think it's going to be.

Nisekoi 116
BkE-R71CQAA0nbo.png

Raku eating is a sight to remember. And the smile later. Cooking chapters without him cooking feel pointless as everyone else just cant compare. It also reminds me that the anime needs a few more of his cooking scenes.

Tasogare 45 + Epilogue 1 & 2 [END]

man, that ending. so many feels. happy tears. what a great ending.

And that epilogue ending. dat epilogue ending...

so sad this is over. amazing series, highly recommended to anyone who hasn't read it. Definitely need to see this animated. Incredibly tense, touching story.

In my top 3 for sure.

I'm reminded that despite loving Tasogare Otome with every fibre of my decomposing being, I haven't actually finished it yet because I wanted to wait to see if the anime was worth watching instead. Selective blindness mode activated.

Genshiken 98

Enjoying this more with the recent harem shenanigans, though that's not saying much.

Stealth Symphony 6

I would want Jig to have some offensive ability this arc to rival that of the shuriken whirlwind. The way he clenched his fists while on the rocks and wanted to do more suggests to me that maybe he will soon.

Kyuur

Magi

Have been watching S2 of the anime with my pal, I completely forgot that Gyokuen was a Magi from Alma Torran. Really interested to see what happens in Solomon's story to lead to this... According to wiki
Sheba's staff is the same as Gyokuen's

scy

Tasogare 45 + Epilogue 1 & 2 [END]

man, that ending. so many feels. happy tears. what a great ending.

And that epilogue ending. dat epilogue ending...

so sad this is over. amazing series, highly recommended to anyone who hasn't read it. Definitely need to see this animated. Incredibly tense, touching story.

In my top 3 for sure.

Tragedy tags tho

Also, wanna say thanks to scy for recommending 14 sai no koi. I have only read a bit of it but it's right up my alley.

Nice. It's super sweet and just ... well, laid back.

upandaway

Magi

Have been watching S2 of the anime with my pal, I completely forgot that Gyokuen was a Magi from Alma Torran. Really interested to see what happens in Solomon's story to lead to this... According to wiki
Sheba's staff is the same as Gyokuen's
Well that settles that. I have no clue how the hell.

I just dunno how you could leave it like that without finishing it :/ I couldn't stop.
In all fairness, I was reading it as the chapters were being released, so it wasn't like I could finish it in one go anyway. Then the anime was announced and I'd figured I'd hold off until that was out. That was back in 2012, and I've neither watched the anime nor picked up the manga again. Weird, since it genuinely is one of my all-time favourites.

LeleSocho

Banned
I was thinking of learning something about the touhou world, is there a manga that goes through the story of the games?
Even roughly is enough, i just want to familiarize with the characters and the setting.

upandaway

I was thinking of learning something on the touhou world, is there a manga that goes through the story of the games?
Even roughly is enough, i just want to familiarize with the characters and the setting.
See this would be ok if there was a Touhou OT. See how this works. See!

I'd tell you to try out the games even on easy but it's your call. There's "official" manga that's basically a weird undefined mess of canon and non-canon but it's all fun stuff. And there's Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for Busy People and Perfect Cherry Blossom for Busy People which are VNs that go over the respective games' plots, I think that's kinda what you're looking for. However I can get you up to speed to a majority fanbase level in 4 easy steps.

1. There's that one Bad Apple video
2. There are U.N Owen remixes
3. Marisa is the seme and Reimu is the other seme (Alice is the other other seme) but they're all uke
4. IOSYS exists

dumbyugi

I was thinking of learning something on the touhou world, is there a manga that goes through the story of the games?

There are manga but none that really cover the games stories. The Touhou wiki has the story & character info you're after though. The important thing to remember is that Marisa x Everyone is the OTP of the series.

Charade

Fingertip Skip by Fukasaku Emi

Pianist gets dragged into composing music for the film club's movies, and learns a thing or two in the process. Pretty cute.

K - Days of Blue- 6

Tying both the blues and homra together and then making it a Fushimi oriented development really raised my view of this spinoff higher than it already was. I still wish for the day when he says why he left and then comes back to Yata at Homra.

I was thinking of learning something about the touhou world, is there a manga that goes through the story of the games?

I imagine you could just dive yourself in headfirst if you check out the character pages on TVTropes for it.

We might never see you again though.

LeleSocho

Banned
See this would be ok if there was a Touhou OT. See how this works. See!

I'd tell you to try out the games even on easy but it's your call. There's "official" manga that's basically a weird undefined mess of canon and non-canon but it's all fun stuff. And there's Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for Busy People and Perfect Cherry Blossom for Busy People which are VNs that go over the respective games' plots, I think that's kinda what you're looking for. However I can get you up to speed to a majority fanbase level in 4 easy steps.

1. There's that one Bad Apple video
2. There are U.N Owen remixes
3. Marisa is the seme and Reimu is the other seme (Alice is the other other seme) but they're all uke
4. IOSYS exists
But this is a manga thread right? So it's legitimate for me asking about the existence of a manga right? Right?

I would play the games but i don't know how/where to buy them and if i have to do weird stuff to being able to run the first titles in the first place and have them in a language to me understandable.
VNs are a no-no, i'm allergic to heavy amounts of text.

There are manga but none that really cover the games stories. The Touhou wiki has the story & character info you're after though. The important thing to remember is that Marisa x Everyone is the OTP of the series.
That would be like watching anime on wikipedia :/ (i'm sure that's someone's tag)
I want a more direct experience.

That would be like watching anime on wikipedia :/ (i'm sure that's someone's tag)

Dig through doujins until you think you understand the characters?

The Touhou wiki does list what official Touhou related manga are out. I'm not so well versed (at all) in this universe to know how much they actually cover of whatever plot exists.

dumbyugi

But this is a manga thread right? So it's legitimate for asking about the existence of a manga right? Right?

I would play the games but i don't know how/where to buy them and if i have to do weird stuff to being able to run the first titles in the first place and have them in a language to me understandable.

If you want a direct experience then the games are really you're only choice. There are english patches available for all of the games and I think you can buy some of the games from Jbox/Jlist. Of course just knowing the actual canon isn't enough if you want to get into the doujins & other fan stuff, there's a whole lot of fanon stuff you'll need to know as well.

upandaway

But this is a manga thread right? So it's legitimate for asking about the existence of a manga right? Right?

I didn't mean you, it's cool that you ask. I meant you wouldn't have to if there was one!

About the VNs, they're really short. The story in the games themselves is like 5 short paragraphs.
For getting the games, the Classic Windows trilogy goes for ~$30 on Amazon, patching them to English is a click away.

Reading the manga is definitely an option though

LeleSocho

Banned
If you want a direct experience then the games are really you're only choice. There are english patches available for all of the games and I think you can buy some of the games from Jbox/Jlist. Of course just knowing the actual canon isn't enough if you want to get into the doujins & other fan stuff, there's a whole lot of fanon stuff you'll need to know as well.

About the VNs, they're really short. The story in the games themselves is like 5 short paragraphs.
For getting the games, the Classic Windows trilogy goes for ~$30 on Amazon, patching them to English is a click away.

Reading the manga is definitely an option though

Welp if you say it's easy to enjoy the games then i have no problems anymore, i will read the manga anyway though. Thanks a lot.

I didn't mean you, it's cool that you ask. I meant you wouldn't have to if there was one!
I would've been so lazy to ask here anyway :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom