• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Yeah im not sure if the publication would allow it to

You never know tho :p

Also bassforevers suggestion is more than likely to happen

You guys talk like sex is the only manifestation of love. How superficial. Hmph.

9QnGkbQ.png

You two are on the same level. upandaway-kun monogatari confirmed as the author's next work.

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan 10
BknwDaLCIAAvjo6.png:large

Hilarious chapter the whole way through due to Saiki explaining mind control and how it justifies everything that is just not normal about mangas (buildings destroyed, rebuily instantly, characters injured badly in one panel, next panel healed, and then how clothes rip in attacks easily except around the legs). So glad to have this with us each week, if only fighting games could have his power.

upandaway

At least mention my new ability. It's only been yesterday, don't go and forget about it.

On first look, it's black bars censorship, but then it dissolves away when the authorities aren't looking. I call it the Black Ivy.

Stats:
Knowledge: 5/5
Analysis: 5/5
Willpower: 5/5
Sense: 4/5
Luck: 3/5
Potential: 4/5
Speed: 2/5
Disruption: 4/5
Overall: 5/5

Shingeki no Kyojin

That was fun. We're still in dialogue land but it sure didn't feel like it.

If we're going the conspiracy route, of course there's an anti-rebel elite secret force, and.. I guess that's Levi's dad in there? I'm getting a bit excited now.

SnK

Hmm, I enjoy SnK but I find the human intrigue far less interesting than the Titan stuff. I mean the idea of the King seems completely pitiful compared to the power the titan's wield. Sometimes, I feel like the managaka needs a little more direction. It is quite a strange tale...The opponents are rather epic, but the narrative frequently feels rather narrow.

Charade

At least mention my new ability. It's only been yesterday, don't go and forget about it.

On first look, it's black bars censorship, but then it dissolves away when the authorities aren't looking. I call it the Black Ivy.

Imagine the havoc you could cause in threads where spoilers tags really matter.

Ippo's going to win!

And if he loses, we'll get a throwback to his "I stop boxing if I ever lose again" line, some half-assed speech about how he could never stop boxing because he loves it and hasn't gotten his answer™ yet.

And then we finally get another arc of Takamura wrecking shit plz

Genji the Death's Friend 4

And another friend dies though this time head in a playground, how could everyone be so unconcerned?

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 18

Shino is finally separated so I think whatever innate ability he has may come to light finally, though maybe he will keep denying it and end up doing nothing :( I hope not.

Green Worldz 17
BkluJFUIEAEFlPM.jpg

Finally back to the bugs, the one delusioned kid was starting to get too crazy there with the knife. Of course it ends when it happens

scy

i just don't think it's going to come to him doing it with a kid.

like I said, this manga's pretty deplorable in a lot of ways but I don't think it would ever go that far. it's probably just a point of suffering for MC.

It's funnier to think of it going that way though. Makes for better reaction posts.

upandaway

Yeah I'm okay with this.

Make it so people.
You can at least rest easy that if no one else does Takkoku sometime in the next couple of years, I guarantee that I will. Eventually Takkoku's gonna happen. Just... it might take a few years.

Although it's one of those that I'd rather read in English, but what can you do.

Wiseblade

Its there a role on TL teams for "reading a script and making sure that everything makes sense and actually uses language effectively"? Because every team should have someone who just does that and I'd be amazing at it.

Please, why should I invest time and effort when I can just be a lazy slob and wait for other people's works.

FULFILMENT!

...aaaaaand less of this:

Its there a role on TL teams for "reading a script and making sure that everything makes sense and actually uses language effectively"? Because every team should have someone who just does that and I'd be amazing at it.

roles of a proofreader/copy editor (among other stuff).

And too late, I called it :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was about to say that what we really need to translate is wa ga na wa umishi, but then I saw that there an update as recently as last month and went "holy shit!"

Hopefully it's not a one-off. It's too good of a manga to die unfinished. :(

People here should read it anyway, if you like badass ship scavenging.

You know what's in that tanker? Enough explosive gas to level an entire DISTRICT.

I was about to say that what we really need to translate is wa ga na wa umishi, but then I saw that there an update as recently as last month and went "holy shit!"

Hopefully it's not a one-off. It's too good of a manga to die unfinished. :(

People here should read it anyway, if you like badass ship scavenging.

Yeah, its so good.

Charade

C'mon guys, we should seriously consider this. Imagine the possibilities!

*Has no skill so will just sit on the sidelines and reap the benefits*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom