• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feng Ji season 2 end

Man what a ride. I feel that season 2 had it's highlights more than season 1. I always worry when a long running series adds more characters. Thankfully the had their purpose and didn't overshadow things. Not sure if Tian is actually dead, dead but who knows. Best shonen action manga to commit blasphemy against the gods to date...maybe : P

upandaway

How much of a game changer would be an harem-romance manga that doesn't end with the most obvious girl?
It's been done before but all the cases I can think about, if it wasn't the "cover girl", it was the most popular girl which eclipsed said cover girl in popularity. If a manga tried to pull a switch on an unpopular character, that would change games.

Nordicus

Blade of the Immortal 106-133

Burando went completely nuts, which makes it rather interesting that he was just about to discover the existence of blood types and their compatibility as a side effect of his immortality experiments. He's a really good spin on the "mad scientist" character, because at the beginning he really wasn't one. He was moral, and he was right. Until he snapped, then he was kinda right in prioritizing needs of the many, but fucked in the head regarding anything else

Isaku is also really awesome with his gauntlets, and he and Doa make the cutest odd couple.

It was a delight to see Rin and Manji together again. Both were immediately in high spirits even if the situation was horrible a few moments ago, and continued as such.
DpJeaQs.jpg

HNNNNNGGGH

How much of a game changer would be an harem-romance manga that doesn't end with the most obvious girl?
What would we consider "most obvious girl"? The girl from beginning chapters or even the one getting pushed from halfway through the story?

LeleSocho

Banned
It's been done before but all the cases I can think about, if it wasn't the "cover girl", it was the most popular girl which eclipsed said cover girl in popularity. If a manga tried to pull a switch on an unpopular character, that would change games.

Depends on who wins in the end and how it's done.

Of course, it is generally a game changer for the harem protagonist to even choose a girl in the end.

As i see it it shouldn't be neither the cover girl nor the most popular but one of the other choices that it's been given an arc (the last one) which shows how she is the right choice for MC...

...man i would read the poop out of that.

LeleSocho

Banned
What if it starts a revolution where the non-obvious girl wins, but then it gets so overused that the non-obvious girl becomes the obvious girl?

There never is a single non obvious girl... you have a variety of them, it pretty much becomes a lottery which would make things extremely fun for who's reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom