• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Forgotten childhood friends. It's like people in manga never remember anything from their childhoods.

I mean, it could end up decent, maybe. But it definitely just seems like your shoujo plot of a pretty boy ruining a girl's life until they fall in love, etc, etc

You should read renai shimasen ka, same author.

Haven't you read Love Hina? Nobody remembers anything from when they were below 10.

Bleach

Kenny´s shikai hell yeah. The slow pace is annoying me, but i am liking the fleshing out of Grimmey.

Naruto

Hell yeah Guy. Dammit Naruto.

one piece

Hell yeah Sabo, Usopp is Buggy 2.0. Why didn´t Sabo try and save ace?

Toriko

Dat freaky frog.

Kingdom

Hell yeah Kyokai.

tbt, I been having trouble remembering what day of the week is has been so maybe memory loss is a problem with everyone and not just characters in a romance manga

UQ Holder 1-30

Pretty standard Shonen with predictable twist. The thing i really liked about the manga is the variety of immortals, which should make for interesting enemy variety. The predictable twist i think is that she killed his parents which is why she has lived with him for years.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 216-238

Man, I've seen all of this already but just couldn't put it down. Aoki and Kimura had some really damn bloody encounters right before they started boxing. And Aoki's such a softie when it comes to women, poor guy was genuinely in love with that pretty-faced girl before he got cheated on.

Ippo had but a single sparring match and nothing else during these chapters, he's mainly been training his back muscles for the next match with Sendo.

And I keep repeating this, but god damn Kumi is cute. Such an innocent old-fashioned kind of character. Her and Ippo's relationship rarely if ever develops properly, but with those two... it kinda fits, oddly enough.
"I bet the ladies notice you..." Kumi says with a blush on her cheeks and eyes to the ground
HHNNNNNGGGG Kumi, simply HHNNNNNGGGGG

Morikawa bringing the eye candy
GOrMrCu.jpg

duv8MQa.png

Those are some fantastic jeans

scy

Ippo has the strangest harem, really. It keeps coming up every now and then but nothing ever happens.

Huh. Just like every harem, I guess. So not all that strange.

Wiseblade

Ippo has the strangest harem, really. It keeps coming up every now and then but nothing ever happens.

Huh. Just like every harem, I guess. So not all that strange.
It's weird because they're normal people compared to the caricatures that typically compose harems. The reporter lady especially is too sensible for this kind of behaviour.

diaspora

I've been lost this entire fucking arc of One Piece. Did Luffy eat the fire fruit and get fire powers too? If so, I thought only people could only endure having one power.

Sai

Hajime no Ippo 216-238

And I keep repeating this, but god damn Kumi is cute. Such an innocent old-fashioned kind of character. Her and Ippo's relationship rarely if ever develops properly, but with those two... it kinda fits, oddly enough.
... We're on—what?... Chapter 1053 now?

* Sai sighs.

Mokushiroku Alice chp1
tumblr_n3u48bSrEW1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Already went into detail about the volume one of the light novel a while back and that easily entered into my top 3 of LNs Sadly this manga adaptation is just disappointing in many regards. The art is a huge step down making characters just not as interesting. Only thing it has going for it is the action scenes with the headphone fuzz activation scenes and acceleration switch and effect details, but that is kind of ruined by a bit of some wonky character art and odd pacing cramming too much stuff in, removing a few scenes, and getting right to the Diseased Girl Killing scenario. Could have drawn his backstory discussion and what not while in his room etc. Only thing it did was really capture how annoying and aggravating Gunjou is and did make Arisu personality chuckle inducing and cool for me, like his type of character. Hishiro Shiro is good as well though looking forward to how the manga does his group and their friendship moments to Arisu.

Horimiya 33

If I remember right, there were 2 chapters in the issue so we should get another chapter soon, which also explains why this was short.

Still, wonder if Miyamura is ever going to be comfortable with his tattoos showing to anyone other than Hori?

Also we might get Hori in blazers, which would be excellent. Just saying.

Sai

Horimiya 33

Still, wonder if Miyamura is ever going to be comfortable with his tattoos showing to anyone other than Hori?
With the looming threat of the teaching staff's backlash, I don't think he'll ever be comfortable with it.

... Well, the piercings issue was resolved hilariously quick. But I'd wager such prominent tattoos would raise a bigger fuss. Wasn't it said earlier that their school had regulations about all that? Or was he simply hiding them to avoid being perceived as a troublemaker?

With the looming threat of the teaching staff's backlash, I don't think he'll ever be comfortable with it.

... Well, the piercings issue was resolved hilariously quick. But I'd wager such prominent tattoos would raise a bigger fuss. Wasn't it said earlier that their school had regulations about all that? Or was he simply hiding them to avoid being perceived as a troublemaker?

I thought it was the latter, and was part of his other self that he only wanted Hori to see, just like Hori only wanted Miyamura to see her the way she is at home.

kasane

Horimiya 33

If I remember right, there were 2 chapters in the issue so we should get another chapter soon, which also explains why this was short.

Also we might get Hori in blazers, which would be excellent. Just saying.

my japanese friend said tatoos are kinda bad in nippon.

Im not too sure tho

scy

It's weird because they're normal people compared to the caricatures that typically compose harems. The reporter lady especially is too sensible for this kind of behaviour.

Yeah, I suppose. I haven't binge read Ippo in awhile / they haven't been around in awhile (I think?). Then again, fight been going on for awhile so I guess that's why.

my japanese friend said tatoos are kinda bad in nippon.

Im not too sure tho

I can confirm based purely off other manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom