• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

There was a time when I really liked numbers

ifDHjavxtoLU1.JPG

Kingdom 331 - 373

That Sai battle was pretty good with Sei being the motherfucking King and the Mountain tribe doing their best "big damn heroes" moment.

Everyone did well especially since it was against Riboku and they had to pull out all the stops just to keep him out of the loop and thus vulnerable. Dude is so broken its fucking ridiculous.

Kyou Kai returning was nice but it was the usual "loner finding the place they belong while near death" scenario. At least she can forge her own future and with her back, the unit is better than ever. Also RIP Grandpa.

Now with Riboku out of the picture for now we are back to the fight with the true enemy and funnily enough also the first enemy (although he isn't an enemy anymore).

Should be interesting since he has changed a lot since that whole ordeal and even has someone he cares about being in danger, plus with Shin and crew assisting i want to see their next meeting after so long

Now to join you guys on the waiting train...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
kasane can we just stop this cross-thread flirting and fuck?

upandaway

Okay forget 2 days, I think by the end of today (on better timezones) we'll be in the new world

I need to start getting myself mentally ready

Kingdom 331 - 373

That Sai battle was pretty good with Sei being the motherfucking King and the Mountain tribe doing their best "big damn heroes" moment.

Everyone did well especially since it was against Riboku and they had to pull out all the stops just to keep him out of the loop and thus vulnerable. Dude is so broken its fucking ridiculous.

Kyou Kai returning was nice but it was the usual "loner finding the place they belong while near death" scenario. At least she can forge her own future and with her back, the unit is better than ever. Also RIP Grandpa.

Now with Riboku out of the picture for now we are back to the fight with the true enemy and funnily enough also the first enemy (although he isn't an enemy anymore).

Should be interesting since he has changed a lot since that whole ordeal and even has someone he cares about being in danger, plus with Shin and crew assisting i want to see their next meeting after so long

Now to join you guys on the waiting train...

374 is out

The Steam Dragon Express 1

Super smart, calm as cool MC travels from our world to a magical one after picking up the conveniently found magical sword.

And he gives zero fucks about it.

I like him, but I really can't say I find this that interesting with such a familiar premise.

Definitely felt weird having to read from left to right again.

The Steam Dragon Express 1

Super smart, calm as cool MC travels from our world to a magical one after picking up the conveniently found magical sword.

And he gives zero fucks about it.

I like him, but I really can't say I find this that interesting with such a familiar premise.

Definitely felt weird having to read from left to right again.

A faux manga? I don't know if I can trust this.

Mortemis

Banned
Guys I need a second opinion on the manhwa the Magician. A friend recommended it to me but the art is so unappealing that its hard to get past the first chapter. Should I stick through it?

Skab

Must reads
Chousinou Kei
Spiral The Bonds of Reasoning

Sherlock
Shinji Ikari Detective Diary

Detective Conan

Kindaichi Case Files
Q.E.D

Monster
Master Keaton
Franken Fran
Dr. Blackjack

Kindaichi! I don't know which country you live in, but it may be hard to get your hands on this.

Tantei Gakuen Q

Bokura no kiseki.

22698474torpt.jpg
22698473ifp5s.jpg

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Mystery series revolving around an amnesiac ghost, the circumstances of her death and her relationship with a school freshman. My favourite finished manga.
Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime - Literary mystery starring a girl who eats paper, with a strong psychological element. Adaptation of the first of a series of light novels. My 2nd favourite finished manga.

226984754rooz.jpg
22698476bjjcq.jpg
2269847701kjz.jpg

Kagen no Tsuki - A group of junior Scooby-Doo wannabes pursue the truth behind the ghost of an abandoned house. The beginning chapter gives it the appearance of a generic shoujo romance series but, well, it's not.
Akumu no Elevator - Short story about a group of strangers who become trapped in an elevator together, with messy consequences. My favourite short.
Black Museum Springald - Gripping re-imagining of the legend of Spring-heeled Jack, who was said to have terrorised England in various guises during the 19th century

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Have already read Monster and Tasogare, but I'll look into the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom