• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Hahah. Is this your way of telling me we couldn't work on it anyway, because Dark Souls has consumed your life?

I'm always curious what kinds of games ManGAF plays...

For some reason, I decided I really wanted to play Dino Crisis 2 again after 10 years so I've been playing that on my Vita. You can beat that game in under 4 hours even if you remember nothig and get lost like I do, lol.

Mostly just Hearthstone, Vita stuff, and PC games I get for super cheap and I think look cool. Although it looks like a New Picross is coming to eShop next week, which should consume me for a week.

that moment when NOFUCKINGBODY has a 3ds here so streetpass is pretty much pointless

I work at a college, so any day I throw my 3DS in my bag and walk around the student center for a bit I'll hit my 10.

Aizo

Banned
Oh, so you're waiting for the end.

Just thought you could catch up on those if you needed to read something badly.

Oh, it's not like I don't want to read anything. It's more that I've been busy, and spending my free time playing Mass Effect 3 (I never beat it, for some reason). I'd much rather read something from my plan to read, but I don't know what I should go for next.

Oh, it's not like I don't want to read anything. It's more that I've been busy, and spending my free time playing Mass Effect 3 (I never beat it, for some reason). I'd much rather read something from my plan to read, but I don't know what I should go for next.

The only option is to post your plan and let the majority choose.

Mortemis

Banned
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

I'll try that out. Thanks.

Have I never talked about how much I like Takao here? Well anyways I already read it, I caught up after the anime ended.
I've never heard of Daily Lives of High School Boys and I don't know what your views on Shonen manga are, but I would recommend Shonan Junai Gumi.

It starts out as a gag manga about two highschool badass deliquents trying to get laid and it gets more serious as they meet new deliquents/enemies. It's hilarious though and is a prequel to Great Teacher Onizuka.

The main characters are my avatar.

I watched the anime a long time ago (GTO), but I never read the manga. I don't really remember everything so I'll get to reading that, then this. And thanks.

Oh, and DLoHSB is great. I recommend watching the anime though. One of my favorite gag shows.

scy

Spirit Circle 5-7 - Putting 5 back in here since it's the start of the arc. Not super tragic like the prior one but this one gives more insight behind why him and the main girl are supposedly at odds. A vicious cycle of killing each other throughout various lives, basically?

I guess this is also the origin of the cursed brand?

This is pretty alright so far. Art is serviceable, characters seem good, concept is great. I kind of like how plain everyone is dressed despite the circumstances. Will keep reading this.

I was like you once.
Lost, surrounded by the lewd manga recommended around here.
There was no way out. Nowhere to go but One Piece and large plot.
Then suddenly?
The Biscuit Hammer appeared.
Good character development, thrilling story, fantastic progression time, characters that you can relate to, laughter, tears, and a hell of an ending.
It had it all.

And then I became a better person.

In other words, go read that shit.

scy

I was like you once.
Lost, surrounded by the lewd manga recommended around here.
There was no way out. Nowhere to go but One Piece and large plot.
Then suddenly?
The Biscuit Hammer appeared.
Good character development, thrilling story, fantastic progression time, characters that you can relate to, laughter, tears, and a hell of an ending.
It had it all.

And then I became a better person.

In other words, go read that shit.

It still fascinates me a bit that a title / premise as silly as Biscuit Hammer just works so damn well when it gets going. Maybe that's me being shallow about things, though? Regardless, it's just really good.

Spirit Circle 8-9 - This is actually pretty fascinating and I'm wondering about any other conclusions to come from the same people being near him and even what's the ultimate "goal" with all these lives. Curious if this is the first incarnation where the two of them have just been together like this or if one of the last few went the same way?

Really interesting.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
This is pretty alright so far. Art is serviceable, characters seem good, concept is great. I kind of like how plain everyone is dressed despite the circumstances. Will keep reading this.

Oh, shif about to get realer than real. Prepare yourself!

All You Need is Kill 13
Rita, y u so cute~~
Too bad i know how it will end :(

scy

All You Need is Kill 13
Rita, y u so cute~~
Too bad i know how it will end :(

Unless it goes with a surprise,
I'm basically just expecting a non-happy ending with a lot of people ending up dead

Think we're near the ending as is anyway.

scy

Spirit Circle 10-14 - ;___;

This is just depressing. But in a super interesting (well, not that kind of interesting) way. And figures after my last post on it that this is the arc where she does try to fix the animosity and explain things. A shame it didn't work. And a shame that a tragic end was still waiting for her.

Man, Flors revelation about his wife ;__;

I think I'll put this down for a bit. As much as I, too, want to dive into the next incarnation.

This crow dude is great, probably my favorite character so far. And there's some actual character development going on here, in a pretty short time. Pretty good.

scy

Chichi ga Loli na Mono de 1-13

New series about a high school lolicon whose father turns into a little girl due to his own failed experiment. The second and third chapter were pure gold.

I read the synopsis and backed away. Figured I'd wait for someone braver than me to read it first.

scy

Rin 17 - Like 80% of this chapter I glossed over. :( I wonder if I'll need to re-read later for all the sightseeing explanations but I doubt it.

yeah this one

F40QSta.png

this will never be over used

Stulaw

I just think it was linked awhile back. Maybe when the first chapter released?

That or I read it already and purged it from my memory.

I may have done the same.

Just checked, it came out last year some time.

Turns out it's already ended, 2 Volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom