• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Sorry to impose on the ManGAF thread like this but it's the only subcommunity I regularly visit..

My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, they give him at most 2 years which is the very very optimistic prognosis. It's hard to get details since he's in Kosovo but I think my father is going to visit him ASAP.

Sorry to hear that, stay strong.

Sorry to impose on the ManGAF thread like this but it's the only subcommunity I regularly visit..

My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, they give him at most 2 years which is the very very optimistic prognosis. It's hard to get details since he's in Kosovo but I think my father is going to visit him ASAP.

Sorry to hear mang :(

You and your family must stay strong

Quixzlizx

Love so Life v01

So cute. Although the uncle can already barely stop himself from jumping his 16 year old orphaned babysitter, so I'm wondering how depraved things will get by volume 10.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nice.

Shokugeki no Soma 58
Soma don't seem worried at all, either an huge flop or an huge win.

Tetsuwan Girl 27-31
Strangely this is way easier to read than...

Haikyuu!! 22-25
which takes me way more time to read even on the same number of chapters.
Also that Nekoma guy totally looks like a girl.

Soma probably won't win, but the idea he's going to not even make the main tournament seems super slim. Don't think he'll get top score, but he'll certainly make it in.

upandaway

That's tough. Dunno which is "better" between knowing and not knowing (I went through the not knowing before), but hang in there.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts guys, every small bit of encouragement helps.

My uncle died of cancer a few weeks ago so I know how you feel.
Stay strong.

I'm sorry man, my condolences.

Shit man, sorry to hear that. I'm assuming you live nowhere near Kosovo, which doubtlessly doesn't help since it makes visiting difficult.

Yeah, we've been living in Switzerland practically my entire life and only see the rest of the family once or twice a year. Finding some time to visit shouldn't be a problem but since my uncle hasn't told his wife and kids yet, it would be highly suspicious if my father suddenly came.

Real Account 1
1000ish people using a social media thing like twitter get wrapped up into a game where if they die there, they die in real life. If they die, their followers die with them.

Really generic and too fast paced for me, but I just want to see who his follower is. Don't really care about this otherwise.

I wanted to start that but with the people whose doing that pace on fantasma, I fear they will be doing this series extremely slow.

jman2050

Nisekoi 110

I don't get it, the author came out of nowhere to turn Haru from one of the worst girls to one of the best and yet her sister is still as terrible and uninteresting as ever.

Right now I would even be okay with Haru upsetting everyone in the Raku Bowl just to spite her sister.

Real Account 1
1000ish people using a social media thing like twitter get wrapped up into a game where if they die there, they die in real life. If they die, their followers die with them.

Really generic and too fast paced for me, but I just want to see who his follower is. Don't really care about this otherwise.
I was really disappointed that his previous work, Kigurumi, wouls not be continuing. I don't know if it had to do with Miracle Jump relaunching or what. But I could see why the mangaka could rush things. Hopefully he gets settled in.
I wanted to start that but with the people whose doing that pace on fantasma, I fear they will be doing this series extremely slow.
Sorry Sharkbait, I don't think Fantasma is long for this world. It is in the back of Jump SQ. I guess they popped the bubble on exorcism manga....

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Soma probably won't win, but the idea he's going to not even make the main tournament seems super slim. Don't think he'll get top score, but he'll certainly make it in.
Well wait a sec, Takumi got 92, and Alice got 95, so Soma's stuck in the 92-94 range (meaning yeah, he won't win). I can see him getting any one of those scores (ties are always exciting in preliminaries), 93 seems to be the most likely one, not too far below Hayama and not too far above Takumi.

Dynedom

Sorry to hear about this, GR.

4W6yxPD.png

D-Frag! 31

Oh wow, I didn't expect Tama to make an appearance.

Already liking her though.

lol at Pukey.

Almost feel sorry for her.

Should not have messed with Takao's souvenir from hanging with Kazama.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
My uncle died of cancer a few weeks ago so I know how you feel.
Stay strong.
I missed this earlier, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Damn, they're slow? Might just end up forgetting about this series then.

I was really disappointed that his previous work, Kigurumi, wouls not be continuing. I don't know if it had to do with Miracle Jump relaunching or what. But I could see why the mangaka could rush things. Hopefully he gets settled in.
Didn't read his previous work, how much better is it than this? But regardless, I hope it slows down the action.

Fuuka 2
I couldn't even finish this chapter. I got to the part where he laments not having his phone because that's what's going to ruin his social life of course, not his awkward and shitty attitude. It's just bad.

G.ZZZ

Manga thread hasn't been any good(interesting to read discussions or have funny reactions to chapters or contain funny parodies ) since 2008-09, now it's nothing more then just animegaf 2.0 a bunch of perverts arguing endlessly back and forth about which millionth shallow 2d waifu is better then which and what random character they want to see together because reasons.

Simple it hasn't been any good since Azien, I blame duckroll his like the reverse Azien anything he touches turns to shit, ever since he showed up this thread went downhill.

His also rigged my gaf account to gold one in true villain fashion, when am morally against this shit, please get that gold filth off my account.

Thank you. I've even had a couple of guy admitting that they'd read a manga if the protag was genderswapped. ZZZZ

wvVXqrF.png

Shokugeki no Soma 58

I love it when something like that is shown.

Chapter was filled with so many good panels.

Hayama's backstory was nice and I would not mind if he became Soma's main rival after the tournament.

Can't wait for next week.

Halloween Town -Party Time!!- 11

That tale about the turle and princess and 300 yrs passing once he came home sounded sad, and even sadder when reflected to the present day story of the father leaving the daughter at the age of one and coming back 25 yrs later. Sounds incredibly sad and tragic :(

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 03

Iceland, dragons, flying, this was a pretty amazing chapter. This world is just absolutely breathtaking.

Vito

Banned
Samurai Papa

32-year-old Bushido-sama considers himself to be a modern-day Samurai. When his wife passed away due to illness, he promised to raise their daughter into a fine woman. But, for an adult male, raising a child is not an easy task. The tasks range from teaching proper table etiquette to sex education...

img000015.png

Bokura no Negai 8

Such an emotional chapter. Always when the characters make the reveal to their family members. At least he's understanding but then the tears :( Hope Kento can stay strong, though there's still his other brothers to tel at some point. Everyone pressuring him to get a gf was too much probably, I remember that IRL.

Sorry to hear that Glass Rebel. I wish something could be done to help you. Stay strong and be safe.

Nisekoi 110
Haru is winning me over. #Team Haru now FTW. Sorry Kosaki. Chitoge has fallen off for me personally.

scy

Itoshi no Karin 08

And then I not even sure how to handle this sudden hometown thing either.

Confession -> Suddenly visiting home.

wait, what happened guys.

Edit:

Shit, missed this earlier. Sorry to hear this man. I was "lucky" in that I was able to move when my father got sick. Hopefully things look up for at least getting to visit him.

Confession -> Suddenly visiting home.

wait, what happened guys.

Actually, I was reading around and it looks like one of the sound effects was the sound of her suddenly leaving after the confession. So I guess that happen and a few days later, he goes back.

scy

Actually, I was reading around and it looks like one of the sound effects was the sound of her suddenly leaving after the confession. So I guess that happen and a few days later, he goes back.

Yeah, there's a frame of her leaving too. I guess she left before a response proper? And he just went useless-mode for a day or so and then went home.

Something something whatever I just want Chapter 9 now :(

thenexus6

I just finished reading Oldboy for the first time. I loved the 2003 film when I saw it in maybe 2009 so always wanted to read through the manga. Don't know why it took me so long but I finally finished it. It's very good, however I was a little let down at the ending.. I was expecting this big "twist" ending that both the two films have, buts nothing remotely near it really doesn't seem like a big deal
catching him having sex with his sister and spreading the news around vs crying when he was singing in school?
.. I prefer the movie ending to the manga if i'm honest.

I did like the every end of the manga where you see
the nightmare where Eri kills herself after hearing the song. Now, this nightmare may have spawned from the suspicion of the hypnosis that was placed on her.
But yeah overall it's very very good, wonderful art and presents one of the best "atmospheres" i've seen but I could help but feel let down at the ending.

Real Account 1
Bgi2guOCcAA5PtC.png

Went ahead and started reading since 2 has a translation, but this still follows the typical Cellphone game story but feels a bit more intense and compelling than the others. Maybe its the way it almost feels like it is echoring people feelings about twitter and other sites with followerers and if those people are truly ones friends are not. I wonder in this situation how many people would similarly end up with at least one person. Odd that in some cases not even family members stayed following.

Would be better as a Light novel especially since thers an imouto there too but more that itd probably move faster. Oh well. Really intense.

Cerity

Real Clothes Vol 1 - 3
Gd7b0Vi.png

I don't even know why I'm reading this but I am. A well performing, plain saleswoman is transferred to the clothes department of a major store, she knows nothing about clothes. The series seems to be dealing with her adjustment to fashion, the balance of private/work life and the job at hand.

Also, scanlation groups, y u no keep links alive on your own sites. I hate using online readers for series that are already relatively long.

Quixzlizx

My condolences. I hope everything works out as well as possible.

Nisekoi 110

Haru has gone from the girl who almost made me drop the series to my favorite. Mostly because Kosaki is so boring in comparison, and none of the other girls other than Marika has done anything in awhile.

bigkrev

Nisekoi 110

I wish the author would stop trying to make me not despise Haru with every fiber of my being. We have gotten to the point where I would piss on her if she was on fire or something.

Never knew it was a new thread when I posted about Soma.....

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Where is Toriko in the OT

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is there no Toriko cover present in the OT

Kurita

I see that the previous flawfuls thread about lesser known manga in the OT is 4 years old.
Maybe we should do a new thread like this one...

wonzo

Banned
Manga thread hasn't been any good(interesting to read discussions or have funny reactions to chapters or contain funny parodies ) since 2008-09, now it's nothing more then just animegaf 2.0 a bunch of perverts arguing endlessly back and forth about which millionth shallow 2d waifu is better then which and what random character they want to see together because reasons.

Simple it hasn't been any good since Azien, I blame duckroll his like the reverse Azien anything he touches turns to shit, ever since he showed up this thread went downhill.

His also rigged my gaf account to gold one in true villain fashion, when am morally against this shit, please get that gold filth off my account.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0545201055/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Stay strong man.

kasane

Stay strong

My grandma was diagnosed with cancer too, it was painful for me since i was in another country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom