• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I-it's not like I'm quoting these because they're funny, okay? Don't get the wrong idea!
I like you.
It's always tsunderes who get all the attention from you guys. Why? Why are they so special to you?! What about the other types?! It's not fair, not fair, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR

Ah, s-sorry, I didn't mean to yell. It's only because I care about you guys. I care so much. That's why I hate seeing you so confused like this.

But I understand. You're lost right now, but we can talk about this. We can work it out between us. Let's do it. Let's work it out. Let's do it right now. I'll start with you, Wiseblade senpai.

Akito

Awh. Wish you liked it more. I just had fun all the way through, and can't remember any irritation. Although, it was one of the first manga I ever read.

A japanese exchange student lived with me when I was about 12, and he brought me Doraemon and Kindaichi (therefore the first manga I ever read), and I read GTO a bit later since he said it was his favorite. So it was really one of the manga that got me into reading manga. Oh, the nostalgia. Now you've learned something new about my past. You're welcome.
I most definitely would have liked it more if I had read it earlier, I've become an old and bitter man almost without me realizing it.

Following tonight's theme of my past, let's learn more about Alabastre. I once dated my childhood friend, about 7 years after she moved away. We ran into each other and hit it off. Things didn't go so well, though. Childhood friends just aren't the same after all those years.

I never had a harem, though. Just love triangles.
Did you have a childhood promise though? If not, you clearly have done it wrong.

Akito

I forgot to mention that I really like the many references to the 90s GTO had, playing FFVII and gushing over Evangelion? That was me right there.

scy

Aizawa-san Zoushoku 3 -

cjaAbUI.png

So that's the route you've chosen. One of the personalities is best girl.

It's a shame, Adachi childhood friends are clearly the best childhood friends.

Depends on which childhood friend you are. Sometimes you're the one that dies.

Lain

Prison School 100

So the mind games continue. I enjoyed Kiyoshi and Hana's uhh...interactions in the past so I'm glad this chapter seemed to hint at more to come.

Mentioning Kiyoshi and Hana interactions brings to mind the Hana x Hana donjon (that recently received a good translation, unlike what was available before). Good times for ass lovers.

Assassination Classroom 77-78
Weird how they are having an arc on a character no readers would remember. Guess it is exemplify the class system they have and the difference in teaching styles

Akito

Illegal Rare 1
Not a bad first chapter but nothing really exciting either, neither the MC nor any of the other characters was really memorable in any way, the premise seems simple enough and the artwork... works I guess, not much more to say.

scy

Illegal Rare 1 - Such a refreshing take on doing nothing exciting.

I guess it was to setup the world so I'll give it an arc or so before being too negative.

Solune

Nagasarete Airantou 138
The girls getting chased around and then they tell off the guys for being unintentional playboys
Oh this is still going.
If upandaway reads it always assume that it's lewd.
upandaway bullying !
First watched the GTO anime when I was like 9-10yo. Actually that's what introduced me to Japanese music.
Dat L'arc en Ciel OP. Dat Miwako Okuda ED.
I forgot to mention that I really like the many references to the 90s GTO had, playing FFVII and gushing over Evangelion? That was me right there.

There's contemporary references in Shonan 14 Days too. I love that kind of stuff.

scy

I'm convinced that Nagasarete Airantou will just go on forever. It's some kind of punishment game for the readers.

Akito

Speaking of which is the anime or the drama (I heard there are multiple versions of it even) worth watching for someone who likes but not necessary loves GTO like me?

Kurita

The OST and the various OP/ED of the anime are godlike but I don't know if it's worth it if you're not a fan.
As for the drama. Well, I'm going to fail my reputation but I haven't watched them (only the first two episodes of the 2012 version). They aren't really faithful to the manga so...

Akito

The OST and the various OP/ED of the anime are godlike but I don't know if it's worth it if you're not a fan.
As for the drama. Well, I'm going to fail my reputation but I haven't watched them (only the first two episodes of the 2012 version). They aren't really faithful to the manga so...
After looking up the cast for the drama remake I think I'll pass, Akira is far from a good cast in my view. It's a pity, the rest looks quite ok.

True but he could have given Kunio a push like he did with Noboru and Kikuchi.

I guess the author wanted the misunderstanding with her friend
(with the huge mouth)
joke to keeping going lol.

Akito said:
That's also true and I was glad Fujisawa had ended the series right after that, anymore and it would have become comical, although a little more conclusion to some of the recurring characters would also have been nice.

I actually thought Shonan 14 days was a sequel but apparently it happened right after the stalker dude arc but before the arc following that. And yea that would have been cool seeing how everyone did.

also thought of checking out the earlier series (before Onizuka decided to become a teacher) but never got the time, hell i still haven't finished Shonan 14 Days

Charade

Mentioning Kiyoshi and Hana interactions brings to mind the Hana x Hana donjon (that recently received a good translation, unlike what was available before). Good times for ass lovers.

Kiyoshi making the Chairman proud.

If it wasn't for the art I could've sworn that was a real chapter, no lie.

Seishun Pop! 42
Trucking hell. No-one in their right mind would give Ayano a licence to drive that thing, but she's gotta be involved on some level. Looks like that super happy ending is now a complete lock. 5 chapters of hugs and smiles remaining.

scy

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha 7-8 - Background story fleshed out, guess there's another chapter left of this arc. Really just in it for Mio.

What's with all these Demon Lord storylines.

36XrHSg.png

My, but what were those words I heard coming from your room last night? Something about lewd materials being "very welcome in a school environment."

Refutation bullet coming in 3...2...1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom