• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Prison School

I'm trying to grasp where this is going.. I guess, to get back at the real stuco president? To make up with the underground stuco? That doesn't seem that exciting.

Scum

H3T5n9g.jpg

To Love Ru Darkness 40.5

Please add Risa to the harem.

Rito being tag-teamed by her and Momo would be glorious.

Hear! Hear! :3

20th Century Boys & 21st Century Boys END

After Pluto and Monster, 20th Century Boys is definitely a disappointment. So much promise but it kinda fell off after the first timeskip and never really recovered. 21st Century Boys then adds insult to injury by making the worst ending chapters in recent memory. I was planning to write a longer post like I did for Bakuman but I am kinda pissed about it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Please add Risa to the harem.

Rito being tag-teamed by her and Momo would be glorious.

I think TLR is beyond terrible, but I remember some random chapter of the original where Risa took Rito to her house and tried to fuck him or something. I'm pretty sure she's in the harem.

20th Century Boys & 21st Century Boys END

After Pluto and Monster, 20th Century Boys is definitely a disappointment. So much promise but it kinda fell off after the first timeskip and never really recovered. 21st Century Boys then adds insult to injury by making the worst ending chapters in recent memory. I was planning to write a longer post like I did for Bakuman but I am kinda pissed about it.

Its funny because I remember Big One once said its your own fault if you don't like 20th Century Boys, but it seems like the consensus is that its pretty bad. The world building is a lot of fun, it just doesn't deliver on any of its promises.

Having consulted with scy (with waifus and adorable waifu art being them main factors of my choices), I've decided to finish up Nisekoi, then read Bonnouji, then Itoshi no Karin, then Horimiya.

Should keep me going for the rest of the week.

After that it'll be Nana to Kaoru.

I also need to pick up vol. 8 of Spice and Wolf, but I'm waiting on Forbidden Planet over here to get my order in...

scy

In hindsight, this is a great reason for why I should keep lists of what I read.

Not that I'll do anything about that.

yeah at this point my thing is pretty obviously rom-coms/gushy romances.

My two favourite anime from last season for example were White Album 2 and Golden Time.

Its funny because I remember Big One once said its your own fault if you don't like 20th Century Boys, but it seems like the consensus is that its pretty bad. The world building is a lot of fun, it just doesn't deliver on any of its promises.

Hahaha classic BO. I always thought that 20th was well regarded and 21st considered a mess. I only agree with the latter though.

scy

I won't tell you anything about it, and no one else will hopefully. All I'll say is that it was all over this thread for a good couple of months and everyone loved it. You have to post impressions, too!

It saved Christmas.

Then Akame ruined Christmas.

Just survive the first few chapters. He gets what he deserves.

Also...

Koe no Katachi 27

Holy shit. I totally understand Ueno now. I suppose the question now is if she can find redemption because those other pricks from his childhood sure won't.

Koe no Katachi Oneshot - Ch 4
This makes me want to punch someone. No seriously. I want to punch that Ishida in the face. I want to punch his friends Shimada and that fat kid in the face. I want to Ueno in the face. And I want to punch out that witch class representative in the face. Why are these kids being so evil to Nishiyama? Just because she's deaf doesn't mean that you get to pick on her.

And then you get to that part where one girl tries to help Nishiyama but everyone else pressures/bullies that girl into self-study in the nurse's room. Holy shit. I want to punch those kids in the face. Then they start with the real bullying, Making fun of the deaf kid. Stealing and breaking her hearing aids. Tossing away her stuff. The teacher is a shit as well. He knows what's going on and just lets it happen.

Then you get to the part where everyone transitions from bullying Nishiyama to bullying Ishida. Oh man. That teacher is such a piece of shit. Pick out the trouble-maker as a scapegoat so that you don't have to acknowledge that you were being a shit teacher. "I warned you about causing trouble." What a load of crap. You're just shifting the blame off yourself. The same goes for all you little shits as well. I want to punch all of you. But at least Nishiyama getting treated better.

But not really. Ishida gets angry and fights her and she gets transfer to another school a month later. Then he discovers that all she wanted to do was be his friend. Alas poor Hawk. Your king was too deep in his sociopathic tendencies to notice the snake that was other children. But at least he mellows out and tries to redeem himself when he gets to high-school. You get brownie points for that, you little shit. Did I mention that I want to punch someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom