• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domina do no! - END

Remember starting this months ago and got around to finishing it today. Only real reason I picked it up again was I heard there was a yandere in it, and she didn't disappoint.

Hikikimori-girl is the best though. Loved it whenever she was on screen.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Started with Yu-Gi-Oh when I was 8, every year it gets worse...
I'm not on Lain's level though :lol (mostly because with ~400 mangas, I'm running out of space)

I had OP Vol's up to 8 or 9 waaaaay back when they first started coming out, got into some trigun too but then stopped and left them all at home when I went to college.

And now I am a grown ass man and I want them all again. XD

Threesome ending

This farce will continue until all of them are 18 (but, in manga fashion, still look the same) so it can turn into a harcore hentai.

Why not.

Beelzebub

It's a bit disappointing that the god cat is a no-show, but anyway, that was pretty cool. I wonder if we'll go through 3 and 4 this arc too.

One of them has to be Furuchin. I half expect this to be the arc where we see him "unlock" his power.

Akito

Judging from a brief look on his other stuff I'm not sure it's entirely parody if at all. His work is... Fairly peculiar putting it lightly.
Yeah, I skimmed through some of his other works afterwards and he sure is fond of insects, mutations, multiple limps/organs/body orifices etc. I guess some people just enjoy what they do.

So why is pretty much every character both in the background and in the central plotline have some form of involvement on the core storyline or will do so in the future?

Everything in One Piece is important, everything. Because Oda setup the manga to be that way. And the reason why Oda setup One Piece that way because he understands how to make a manga that has a solid and consistent plotline.

Unlike Kubo, who wouldn't know how to setup a manga for the life of him. Nothing in Bleach happens for any importance or relevance, on average. The majority of panels, pages, and chapters in Bleach are just two characters fighting each other, which is not how to create a manga that you're trying to tell some form of legitimate story.
Ahahaha lol. Kubo has better consistency and better foreshadowing that Oda could ever dream off. If you are too blind to see it that´s your business.
Oh, one DF per person please. Oh wait i will retcon that and give Black Beard 2 DF. And i will let the WG allow to leave with 2 DF so he can be a bigger especially after he flipped them off at marineford.
Don't misunderstand me, there's nothing wrong with a good action sequence or even a long drawn out one can be executed well enough to be worth reading. The problem with Bleach in this case, is that this has literally happened for the majority of Bleach's publication and that hasn't changed today. This changed for quite some time when the Fullbringer arc just started, but what started out as an interesting setup arc delve into a generic action arc with the worst ending the series has ever had.
That´s because it´s wrong.
Basically the execution of Bleach is really getting old, as is the fact that Kubo continues to this day focus more on the action in the most random places in the series. Like recently the whole Unohana and Kenpachi battle, happened in the middle of an arc that was setup to be based around Ichigo's past. There's absolutely 0 reason why this battle should've taken place, even though it was slightly interesting about Unohana's past there's nothing of significance that really affected the bigger plotline of the current story in Bleach. This type of garbage happens ALL THE TIME in Bleach, and quite frankly I'm sick of it.
Utter and absolute bullshit. First of all, the actions inform us about the characters and flesh them out. Unlike one piece a lot of Bleach´s character are not one dimensional garbage with a shitty gimmick. And the fight between Kenpachi and Unohana fleshed Unohana´s character and developed Kenpachi.
I guess Zorro losing a sword and Sanji chasing chick etc.... are not distraction from the main issue at all while fleshing out characters and character development are bad, ok.

"We know Bleach is bad, but you don't have to tell everyone." well the thing is, I kind of have to. Bleach isn't just a normal bad series that you can just shove under the rock and call it a day, people actually talk about it actively every single day in both the anime and manga fandom. No matter how much you try, Bleach is going to come back as a topic of some sorts. Bleach is a series that has a lot of potential to be great, and if I critique it and make other people, including it's fans, think about the quality of Bleach, maybe just maybe Kubo will listen to his fans and make Bleach a better series to read and adopt a more traditional manga poise.
Bleach is amazing. Try what? I´m not trying a damn thing. The matter of the fact is Bleach is much better than one piece regardless of what one piece fandom try to convince themselves with.

The fact still remains that Bleach has better art, much better character, better action, useful women, better pacing (over 700 chapters and we people don´t know the origin of DF, or what happened in the lost century etc....)

More traditional manga, a new buzz word that means absolutely nothing.

upandaway

One of them has to be Furuchin. I half expect this to be the arc where we see him "unlock" his power.
But I feel like if the General was in the cards, he'd have been 1. I guess if it's supposed to be ordered by strength he could be comfortably the last number on the list (like 4 or 5 or something).

Speaking of which, Furuichi has been incredible in the last few chapters. Well he's always amazing, but in a different sense. He's been downright badass strategizer ever since the upstarts came.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Saying something sucks isn't a take - it doesn't make you look smart or critical to dislike things other people like.

Refusing to back off of an untenable argument doesn't make your position stronger, it makes you look unreasonable and foolish.

Posting a lot of words doesn't automatically equate to an intelligent or intelligible point.

But I feel like if the General was in the cards, he'd have been 1. I guess if it's supposed to be ordered by strength he could be comfortably the last number on the list (like 4 or 5 or something).

Speaking of which, Furuichi has been incredible in the last few chapters. Well he's always amazing, but in a different sense. He's been downright badass strategizer ever since the upstarts came.

Could be, but isn't Aoi stronger than Kanzaki? The numbering might be arbitrary.

Saying something sucks isn't a take - it doesn't make you look smart or critical to dislike things other people like.

Refusing to back off of an untenable argument doesn't make your position stronger, it makes you look unreasonable and foolish.

Posting a lot of words doesn't automatically equate to an intelligent or intelligible point.

there, there

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Let's reunite through the power of Nisekoi.

LLShC.gif

Angry Grimace

Note: I just read Nisekoi after that post and I've graduated to hoping the characters all die in a train wreck.

upandaway

Oh also I forgot to post about this in the chaos of the morning but I did see it

MEDAKA BOX NO

(」,゜ロ゜)」

Nisekoi

Note: I just read Nisekoi after that post and I've graduated to hoping the characters all die in a train wreck.

C'mon it wasn't that bad. Raku not being an asshole for a second time in a row count for something. And I actually thought Chitoge was kinda cute in a cuople of panels...Onodera still sucks ass, but is Onodera...

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Ahahaha lol. Kubo has better consistency and better foreshadowing that Oda could ever dream off. If you are too blind to see it that´s your business.
Oh, one DF per person please. Oh wait i will retcon that and give Black Beard 2 DF. And i will let the WG allow to leave with 2 DF so he can be a bigger especially after he flipped them off at marineford.

How is it a retcon exactly? It hasn't been explained yet and still you write it off as if the author isn't going to touch it again. "Nope, here you go, I want him to have two and you'll just have to deal with it!".

Oda has never operated like that. He has created a gigantic world that the majority of readers have completely bought into. I think it's really disingenuous to just write it off as filler, really. I love the scale, scope and overall magnitude of the One Piece world and all of its characters. It helps that almost none of them are forgotten and all of them seem to serve a purpose in the end. I really think it comes down more to the fact that you don't really like it, which is completely acceptable. That's what opinions are for.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi

C'mon it wasn't that bad. Raku not being an asshole for a second time in a row count for something. And I actually thought Chitoge was kinda cute in a cuople of panels...Onodera still sucks ass, but is Onodera...

Chitoge denying being into Raku for no apparent reason and then both her and Onodera saying they'll just hide who it is they're into is wildly moronic.

(Note: I'll admit that that one line of legitimate criticism of the plot of Nisekoi is about 10 times as dumb as Big One and Beam arguing about whether Oda or Kubo has a bigger dick.)

The fact still remains that Bleach has better art, much better character, better action, useful women, better pacing (over 700 chapters and we people don´t know the origin of DF, or what happened in the lost century etc....)

More traditional manga, a new buzz word that means absolutely nothing.

I have to agree with this. A woman which role was die so one man can be stronger is way more useful that those stupi Nami thunders.

Also Matsumoto did way more that show his rack unlike Robin, that useless slut. I mean I don't remember any actual intervention of her that wasn't just pure fanservice, but I know is there.

Chitoge denying being into Raku for no apparent reason and then both her and Onodera saying they'll just hide who it is they're into is wildly moronic.

(Note: I'll admit that that one line of legitimate criticism of the plot of Nisekoi is about 10 times as dumb as Big One and Beam arguing about whether Oda or Kubo has a bigger dick.)

She's a tsundere, that what tsunderes do. Being her I understand it would be embarassing admiting she into Raku giving how many times she said she hate him. Moronic, but consistent with the character.

And yes, it's a stupid setup created to bring some tension in the triangle love. But oh well, is Nisekoi. But there have been worst chapters.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi 69

It's a 'special' kind of obligation chocolate for a 'special' MC in a 'special' cast.

I'm gonna laugh when we reach the final chapter and find out that "Raku" and his adventures were just a dream-fantasy occurring in between Parts I and II of Aku no Hana.

I have to agree with this. A woman which role was die so one man can be stronger is way more useful that those stupi Nami thunders.

Also Matsumoto did way more that show his rack unlike Robin, that useless slut. I mean I don't remember any actual intervention of her that wasn't just pure fanservice, but I know is there.

She's a tsundere, that what tsunderes do. Being her I understand it would be embarassing admiting she into Raku giving how many times she said she hate him. Moronic, but consistent with the character.

And yes, it's a stupid setup created to bring some tension in the triangle love. But oh well, is Nisekoi. But there have been worst chapters.

All of them are doing though, including Onodera and what's her face. Marika is just comic relief.

All of them are doing though, including Onodera and what's her face. Marika is just comic relief.

True. I guess some are more bearable than others. Marika is a sad case though, she was way better when she looked like a crazy yandere when she was introduced. Then we realized she's just a joke character.

Haha it's fine, I can just imagine that it's really your old avatar behind the bandages, and you're cosplaying right now.

Ok, lol. I was thinking I'm make a new avatar since the whole TeamCG deal is over...but I'm lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom